Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

View Poll Results: How useful is this information to you?
Extremely useful to me 8 53.33%
Somewhat useful to me 5 33.33%
Not at all useful to me 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
These are wonderful pointers. Thank you Uma!
JL
You're welcome JL

I'm always interested in feedback, questions, other views - in this thread coming from my own interpretation of Sri Vasudeva's teachings. For years I was hoping someone would join me in the virtual retreat experience and share their learnings here too but I am happy if this helps people.
Old 31-03-2019, 12:56 AM
janielee

Hi Uma:

That is good to know. I've sometimes hesitated to post; in case, this was not your preference. If I have any questions, I will let you know I appreciate what you share here, and may peruse a little more.

JL
Old 31-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Master
Fish Day 6: Rebirth

Today is Sunday and this is a day of rest and reflection - no workshops - but Sundays and every day during the 40 Days Observance Guruji still gives a talk after the morning chanting of Guru Gita (FB link - while it's up)
This morning he gave a beautiful guided meditation and talk on the subject of rebirth in new soul consciousness, and the stages on the journey. As usual I will only speak to a piece of it here. The allegory of the Mother really spoke to me (I'm a mom). In the meditation part he said:
Quote:
...as [you] enter the meditative space [if you can] become humble like a child, surrendering likes and dislikes, surrendering judgement, [then you] open up to the purity of rebirth, open up your consciousness to the new, allow yourself to be reborn in the Divine that a new identity may emerge, that the "Who am I that I truly am" will manifest in [your] consciousness.
There's lots to contemplate here:
  • What is the meditative space?
  • What does it mean to become humble like a child?
  • What does it mean to surrender likes and dislikes?
  • Who or what is judging and who or what is being judged?
  • Where is that taking place?
  • What does it mean to be "reborn in the Divine"?
  • Why do I need a new identity?
All that just from the meditation part. And in the talk afterwards he said that his own rebirthing experience during the 40 Days of 1978, (which he is going graciously to share more about in the coming weeks) was "a deeper level of rebirthing." If you know about the three major knots in the subtle body (granthis in Sanskrit, t'an t'ien in Taoism) you will know there are three major stages involved as we move from gross ego consciousness to astral ego consciousness to causal ego consciousness - until grace reveals our true identity in transcendental consciousness (turyia). You can look at my older posts on the subject from past talks. All of this can happen in a sitting meditation in moments (and they are mind-blowing when they do) - but to keep it after meditation has ended, is what he is speaking about - a total and permanent self-transformation, a whole new normal that never dissolves and is not corruptible.

And he said
Quote:
"in the tradition of shaktipat, in the tradition of Maha Yoga/Siddha Yoga - that comes when we are ready."
No technique, no amount of sadhana is going to get you there unless you are deserving - unless the Masters and the planets say its possible - because we don't exist in a vacuum but are interconnected and there is a whole background of interdimensional experience going on and each of us is an important piece of the collective puzzle. That's where an attitude of patience, faith, humility and reverence comes in - and these are the most scarce virtues these days.
Quote:
"The deep desire to know Self "Who am I?" leads us to the Siddha and to the Maha Yoga karma/life. And then the magic happens of being guided through the journey by the inner guide." ~ Sri Vasudeva

And then he spoke about the stages of this rebirthing. Today he did a really marvellous thing. During the remainder of these 40 Days (until May 5, 2019) he has made himself available to answer questions or hear comments that are too personal to be shared in a public workshop. This is a rare opportunity to get one-on-one coaching from a Siddha Yoga Master. I'm very grateful for that.

So no workshop today but plenty to ponder as week 2 starting tomorrow focuses on deepening the meditation practice...

Hoping this is useful to you,
Uma
Old 31-03-2019, 06:17 PM
Angel1

Quote:
...self-effort, karma, and grace.
Excellent!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-04-2019, 11:55 PM
Master
Fish Day 7: Exploring the Consciousness Space

I'm so excited about today's talk because I got a deeper awareness of what all this talk of the Observer is about and the zone and deepening layers of expanding consciousness. What is this all about in plain English? Today I got an aha! I get it.

One of the things about these aha moments is that it's what I've heard a million times before and it's been staring me in the face all along but I didn't see it, I didn't get. Now I'm able to connect some of the dots of my spiritual experiences and realize more of what's been going on. There is so much to process and journal today, but I'll try and share a hint of it here.

You may have heard the expression "getting into the zone". There is a point in doing where suddenly I am no longer doing but it is being done through me - whether it's physical manifestations, energy manifestations, intuition coming from nowhere, fantastic waves of love - whatever it is (whatever chakra it is working through) I don't feel that I am the doer in those moments. I am just being an instrument. That is being in the zone in activity. And it is really impossible to not be active. At some quantum level there is always activity. So the flow is flowing continuously. This is a God experience - call it what you will. The observer is beginning to perceive what observation is all about seeing itself inside out.

Sri Vasudeva says that at the background of all this continual flow (what we experience as time and space) that is going through cycles of creation, sustenance and dissolution - is the screen of existence that is the unmoved mover, pure Consciousness, pure Conscious Being, the Creator in observance of the play. In meditation I relate that to moments of stillness and expansion where I don't want to think and I don't need to breathe, as he said.

This is the dance of Siva and Sakti - the two aspects of one consciousness.

And in this talk he spoke about the way our consciousness expands outwards as we move downwards as we begin with the mind at the brow chakra opening the mind to become more aware, then moving to the throat chakra opening up to listening more from the space and an expansive feeling of peace in an expansive space, then moving to the heart chakra opening up to love that already exists in the space and channeling it, then to the navel, opening up to vitality coursing through the body, then to the sacral and root chakras... progressively we are expanding our consciousness as we do this. Working on any single chakra is also a whole meditation technique. So this is building our spiritual muscle, this is learning how to work the entire system.

And there is a physical level to this expanding, a subtle energy level (like feeling life force energy or ESP), a causal level that is like blissful deep sleep that is a really magical place where we can transform our karmic patterns on the inside and automatically our outer world changes (the matrix uploads a new version).

And there were many more things he spoke of today that was totally mind blowing. I think I could spend a month just contemplating and practicing this one talk!

I need to process all of this and figure out what formula is going to work for me to get into the zone powerfully and stay there and not allow old karmic patterns to pull me out of it - because I've been thrown from the mountain quite a few times not knowing what I was doing when the sacred opportunities came long - and I'm talking about both the tests as well as grace - the portals to other dimensions of being and doing.

This is the essence of a meditation practice and the goal of every soul in every lifetime - everything else is subplot. There are micro versions of it that we all experience every day and bigger tsunami versions of it that come with grace, self-effort and karma - with the guidance of a Master.

I will leave off here with a few words of inspiration from the Master because tomorrow I think he's going to talk about troubleshooting:
Quote:
"The tie to the outer world is always based on the patterns that we are tied to on the inside," ~ Sri Vasudeva
Old 04-04-2019, 04:43 PM
Master
Fish Day 10

Quote:
"The mind we're using is really a subset of a universal mind," ~ Sri Vasudeva

This little part of today's talk reminded me of years ago when I began experimenting with mind reading and I learned how to detach from my thoughts and from my ego in a way that was useful to intuit, to pick up information from the field of another in a more pure way, a more sattwic way - coming from a space of sattwic intent.

This experience is not exactly universal mind, but connects one dot to another dot and more dots (if one includes guides and other beings attracted to our processing field) - all coexisting in one universal field that is one mind - in a subtle field of fluctuating depths.

It was marvellous to experience this as I experimented with it - moreso to learn that every message I pick up for someone else has meaning for me also - no matter how accurate it is for them. We are all one. So it led to an expansion in consciousness, a sattwic consequence.

Acquiring higher sensitivity has both its perks and its challenges. This isn't a kind time period (yuga) to be an HSP with ESP. This reminds me of the phrase "ignorance is bliss".

But it's so important to learn about myself this way. We exist in one another. One mind. The good, the bad, the ugly - we're all in this together like it or not. And we need to be kinder to each other even if its not always reciprocated.
Old 29-05-2019, 04:34 PM
Master
Beautiful free guided meditations

Tranquil music and the energizing voice of Sri Vasudeva guiding my mind into a deeper appreciation of life and the silence that brings.

Link: https://anchor.fm/blue-star

The Power of Action
Working in Harmony with Life
Selfishness and Selflessness
Co-Creating with the Divine
The Eve of the 40 Days
Old 31-12-2019, 05:45 PM
Master
New Year's Eve message

May you all have a safe and happy new year full of blessings. Here's a link to Sri Vasudeva's Facebook page and his message from this morning. Satsang tonight and more messages forthcoming.
https://www.facebook.com/sri.vasudev...57842809171597
Old 06-12-2022, 08:58 AM
Master

Your first post

Thank you soooooo much for those wonderful comments. They really touched me. In fact I read them twice!

And Watkins, thanks for yours. I am an artist so I really get what you are saying. I have also been lost in a painting and have had no idea where the time went.

I would encourage people to take an art class as you become so absorbed in what you are doing that it feels like a meditation. I guess anything creative would be just as valuable.
Old 08-12-2022, 02:04 PM
Pathfinder

IMHO, meditation is a quest, for truth. I do not think peace, love or goodness define it. Once the question is answered, the mind is at peace.