Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 17-07-2017, 01:15 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don63
I believe your feeling could be right.

I'm not sure, don't want to give bad advice, but I believe you might not jive with Reiki- that well.

It's all possible.

Despite the fact that Reiki is universal energy, everyone has it already, attunements just help you use it more/better, etc

Perhaps the modality doesn't do well with you.

Test your feelings, find out. You could try getting attuned unless you have a strong intuitive feeling against it?

No strong intuitive feelings against it. Rather just a feeling that it may not be the right fit for me.

I have thought of simply receiving an attunement more for curiosity's sake - just to get a 'sense' of it.

Actually this thread has been helpful though as I navigate the best path forward by getting my mind thinking about the different paths forward.
Old 17-07-2017, 06:15 AM
Pathfinder

OK. It might not be the right fit.

I had an attunement about 2 years ago, and while I don't regret it, I feel I'm not a perfect match for it! ;)

It changes your life a little or a lot for some. It had a subtle influence on me. And I rarely use it anymore. Symbols I tend to avoid. Energy work I do the good old fashioned way of breathing, yoga exercise and using the mind to control the flow of energy.

I'd say go with your feeling.

Explore a bit more till you find the right thing, or be curious! You may find it's useful or not.
Old 17-07-2017, 06:16 AM
Master
I would suggest having a reiki treatment to see how you feel and reading up about it.

Honour your parents, teachers
and elders.
Earn your living honestly.
Give thanks for all living things.
Old 17-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
I wonder what you mean specifically by body work though?
What I mean is that after a counselling session the client usually goes back home somewhat relieved (hopefully) and feeling better.
What I am advocating is that the client is taught practices with which he can work on his issue outside the counselling session. That could be EFT, acupressure, simple Qi Gong exercises, etc. The aim should be to empower the client to work towards resolving his issue at any time suitable, and not just wait until the next counselling session.
IOW, the client should go home with more than just feeling better because feelings change and ones everyday environment tends to make people snap back into what they were before.
Whatever the client is give should contain a physical aspect because that is measurable and is easier to focus on than a nebulous mental exercise.
Old 18-07-2017, 02:06 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks Markings - for further clarification, very helpful.
Old 18-07-2017, 06:07 AM
Guide

Quote:
Can anyone do reiki as I have heard it said before that anyone has the potential?
Anyone can do Reiki because it is essentially a self-healing tool and everybody has a self-capacity.

What is rarely mentioned is that the 'healing others' aspect is by far not the most important thing in Reiki although it is unquestionably the most prominent. This is actually a disservice to people interested in it.
It is the healing of ourselves that is at the core of Reiki.
Old 18-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Master

Reiki is not necessarily for everyone.

And though I naturally can do it, it is rarely a form the energy takes, if ever, when it flows through me. Yet maybe it is not that you are not for Reiki, it might be that you sense that there are more to the story, like if you let the pure creation of source flow through you, then it will take the form that is needed for the healing, and as a healer you merely are the channel and the observer, not the director... Now some suggest what I do is not healing per se, and I might argue that you cannot heal something that already is whole... but it is all just potato potato to me. I work with energies, and energy if allowed will always seek balance and wholeness; so what a healer actually do is create a space where those who are healed feel their own wholeness, and thus allow it to flow into themselves.

There are some good videos on different kinds of healing on the Gaia homepage; I really like the ones on shamanic healing as they among others gave me a greater perspective on some of this.
Old 19-07-2017, 03:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Reiki is not necessarily for everyone.

And though I naturally can do it, it is rarely a form the energy takes, if ever, when it flows through me. Yet maybe it is not that you are not for Reiki, it might be that you sense that there are more to the story, like if you let the pure creation of source flow through you, then it will take the form that is needed for the healing, and as a healer you merely are the channel and the observer, not the director... Now some suggest what I do is not healing per se, and I might argue that you cannot heal something that already is whole... but it is all just potato potato to me. I work with energies, and energy if allowed will always seek balance and wholeness; so what a healer actually do is create a space where those who are healed feel their own wholeness, and thus allow it to flow into themselves.

There are some good videos on different kinds of healing on the Gaia homepage; I really like the ones on shamanic healing as they among others gave me a greater perspective on some of this.

Hey, thanks a bunch for drawing my attention to this site, I hadn't heard of it before! I take it that you must be a member there?

I was just scrolling through some vids on there - looks like there is alot of interesting content to explore.

LOL to the potato comment. . . Yes, I love this idea of working with a person and seeing them as already WHOLE. Very important and probably as I look back on my own healing journey it is those people who already saw me as a WHOLE potato and not just the mashed potato of confusion who made the most impact on my recovery back to anchoring my own sense of wholeness within.

Thanks again, I am really enjoying the content of this thread!
Old 19-07-2017, 06:39 AM
Guide

Quote:
LOL to the potato comment. . . Yes, I love this idea of working with a person and seeing them as already WHOLE.
One of the general problems, especially in alternative healing practices and practitioners, is that they see themselves as 'fixers' of a problem. Do gooders who just know how to fix the world if only everybody would do meditation, Reiki, Yoga, or whatever their current favorite practice is.

Unfortunately Reiki is one practice where anyone can be a 'healer' at very low cost with no qualifications, practical or theoretical, and no exit evaluation.
There is no quality management system anywhere in sight.
This leaves the field wide open to all people, some of them who should never come near a healing practice other than as a client.
Old 20-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Newbie ;)

perhaps

it may help you to understand what is exactly entailed in a reiki attunement.

depending on what the teacher is taught in their own attunements and what they add..
basically they use intent to draw the symbols in your hands,, possibly the third eye and your crown center.
there is nothing else fancy about it ! just that the symbols drawn in your crow center and hands gives you an affinity to use the symbols !.
for the mastership (reiki 3) you are taught the reiki master symbol,, how to attune others and that is all you need to know to be a reiki master.

how pranic healing works from the workshops I took is this
1. basic level
you learn how to sweep the body , do the basic chakras and orgons ,, and as you sweep each section, you charge it up with the light so the aura and chakras are no depleted.
(one thing I didn't agree with was that you get told to sweep 25 times sometimes til you feel there wasn't much blockage ,, there had to a better way)
2. intermediate level
you learn to use colours in sweeping and especially in charging..
here the colours used help you reduce the sweeping (that is good for i got weak arms ) .
3. advanced work
you learn to use purple for most everything and to access the gold colours.
you also learn to set up chakras shields , and cleanse them at a deeper level.
the developer who made this system died.. so there isn't anything new taught..
also they teach that you have to stick to the system.. and can't add anything.
(i of course broke that rule by adding in reiki symbols to the colour sendings when i charged up an area)

there is a crystal course,, and psychic defense course i didn't take them so i can't speak to that.

there are other healing modalities that may work better for you ..
quantum touch , (i recommend studying the supercharging book , though it is no longer taught in the course ).

theta healing,, this might actally work better for you for you focus on talking to the issue on the highest level (after connecting with the creator at the theta level ).

good luck :)