Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-11-2013, 12:08 AM
4everLove

Stuck in life

Hi All,

So I just want to hear from others on the subject of feeling stuck in life. I have been feeling very stuck in life and it had gotten increasingly worse each day. I work a 9-5 in a nursing home...it is one of those "fulfilling jobs" where you help make a difference. Even with all the work I do I still don't feel happy and excited. I still live at home with the parents and I share a room with my sister. I feel I don't have the space to be creative and get out there. I do not exactly have enough to move because a lot of what I make goes to car bills, loans, etc. I go through the motions of life and I can't quite seem to get out of it. I feel scared and emotional when I try to have more fun...I just can't seem to get into anything and I feel my energy just drops again. I don't know how to get out of this. I look for new jobs, but nothing seems to be opening for me. I am not entirely sure what to do with my living situation.

Just wondering what others have done to take a leap of faith and to get unstuck.

4Everlove
Old 25-11-2013, 03:29 AM
Master
Meditating might be useful for you, help you get centered in your Peace again.
Staying in the same patterns with the same thinking makes us feel stuck, so maybe toss in some yoga too and make sure your food intake is healthy, fast food, frozen quick food and junk carbo's also make us feel tired and mentally weary...look for the leaks in your life of energy.
Also check your shielding, working with folks close to passing over and the fear they may have around that subject can drain your auric field. Shielding and mediating are a prime defense for controlling your energy field which in turn will help you feel more in control of your life.

Through meditating and quieting the mind, you'll also have a chance to observe your own thoughts and you might find its that thinking which causes a big drain on your energy.
Many of us get caught in thought loops of "I can't, I should have' I could have' If Only" "I'm not good enough" and so on - it's very draining. Observe your thoughts and finish only those thoughts which are loving and supportive of you.
Old 25-11-2013, 04:20 AM
Nada

Most of us go through that kind of period where we know that we are more than what we are doing at the moment.

Some people are just happy at their station and don't want to move ahead and to reach their full potential.
But you are not one of them.

Look inside and search outside

What are your potentials?
What are you good at?
What can you be good at?
What do you feel that you should be doing?
What makes you happy?

Write the directions for your life.
And work towards it.

If you have to go back to school to achieve your potentials, do that.
If you have to move to some place else, do that.
If you need to be involved with your interest, do that.
It does not have to be a job.
It can be volunteering to investigate other fields in your free time (after work or during weekends).

Do not let your fear prevent you from thinking outside of the box.
You are still young and you are free (single and no kids).
This is time to explore and try different areas of life.

Action is what you need to focus. Not just thinking and day dreaming.
DO what you have to DO.
Old 25-11-2013, 05:06 AM
simcau

I'd agree that what you would be feeling would probably be largely due to your living arrangements.

We all talk about discovering who we are, finding our passions in life, and growing into the person we want to be, but what we often forget is that we continually change all throughout our life. When we settle into a role, mode of thought, or routine that feels right to us, we tend to stop searching because we think we've found where we're supposed to be in life.

While we may very well have found our place, it would only be our place for that period of our life.

There eventually comes a time when we wake up one day and realize what used to be fulfilling to us is no longer. That without us even recognizing it, we've changed, and the passions we had have waned. Since the place we had found was a fit for the person we were, and not who we are today, we aren't going to be happy remaining there.

When you're standing at the end of a chapter of your life like that, it is frightening to move into the next chapter, not knowing what is going to come. But facing that fear is a vital part of that process. Much like the fear we have surrounding death, moving forward into a new chapter of life represents the 'death' of the person you have been up to that point. It's you laying your old self to rest, and preparing to grow into being a new person with all new challenges to overcome.

The thing is though, once you overcome that initial fear, your reward is a return of that childlike wonder you would have had when you were really young and the world was new. Your experiences in this new period of your life would similarly be all new to you. There will be times when you'll learn hard lessons, but just like when you would have burned your hand on the stove, these are lessons that will benefit you in the long run.

With your work in a nursing home, I would imagine that you have known residents who came to feel as though they are ready to go, and when their final moments came they let go. That is what the "stuck" feeling you are experiencing would be like. Not that you're ready to die, but that you know your life as it is now has come to a close. Look to the courage of those residents who let go, and remember the peace they eventually found through doing so. Let their courage inspire you to now find that within yourself... to let go and step into the next stage of your life, embracing whatever may come.
Old 25-11-2013, 05:38 AM
Guide

I have experienced similar feeling in life where I felt everything was hopeless, and that I just did not fit into this world. It was tough. I will not go into detail, but I was in a situation where every day was a struggle. I was so stressed out that I could not think properly, and I began losing faith. It took a long time for me to heal from it. The healing process took almost 2 years. Fast forward to today, looking back I realize how much stronger of a person I am for having gone through what I went through, and I also realize at the time I was focusing too much on the wrong things.

First, it is good that you want more out of life. Many go their entire life not caring about their situation.
Second, began focusing your attention on other aspects of life as well. Spend more time in nature, and try to feel one with everything around you. Think about not only who you want to be professionally, but also as an individual. Too often we're judged based off arbitrary things like jobs, car, living in a nice house, etc....instead of being judged by the color of our character. Focus on being a person you would want to come across. Focus on the good in life! You are an amazing individual!
Old 25-11-2013, 06:51 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everLove
Hi All,

So I just want to hear from others on the subject of feeling stuck in life. I have been feeling very stuck in life and it had gotten increasingly worse each day. I work a 9-5 in a nursing home...it is one of those "fulfilling jobs" where you help make a difference. Even with all the work I do I still don't feel happy and excited. I still live at home with the parents and I share a room with my sister. I feel I don't have the space to be creative and get out there. I do not exactly have enough to move because a lot of what I make goes to car bills, loans, etc. I go through the motions of life and I can't quite seem to get out of it. I feel scared and emotional when I try to have more fun...I just can't seem to get into anything and I feel my energy just drops again. I don't know how to get out of this. I look for new jobs, but nothing seems to be opening for me. I am not entirely sure what to do with my living situation.

Just wondering what others have done to take a leap of faith and to get unstuck.

4Everlove

When I have felt myself stuck in rut before, I look at the ways in which my fears or emotional ties bind me to situations. I also look at what I fear the most in change as to why my life is not changing. I also look at new ventures that might excite me and open me to try something new. I also become proactice in bringing to myself that which I want for my life.

Sometimes we use excuses as to why we cant unblock, sometimes its as simple as holding onto emotions that are holding our own clarity at bay..

Sometimes we even sabotauge ourselves..:)
Old 25-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Ascender

Find hobbies that you're interested in, or do something that you wouldn't think of doing. Start playing a sport, learn an instrument, practise self-defence, get fit with exercise or weight lifting, go swimming, search for groups around your area with common interests and join in with one, whatever you want. Just doing something and keeping the mind and body occupied will get your mind off your arrangements and the feeling of being stuck.
Old 25-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Administrator
Hey 4EverLove.

Everybody feels like this at some time in their lives ,if you feel your money is going out faster than you can earn it ,pay a visit to CAB they can help you put things into a payment plan,to make things easier for you,
looking for jobs is a headache at the moment for everyone.look into housing associations houses they may have something they could offer you ,to give you more independance,

Namaste
Old 25-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Master

The stuck stage is very real for so many - I feel for you.

Lots of good advice here, and there is a lot in your life you want to tackle so it seems. I would suggest that the best one to fix first is your money scenario - that is only my suggestion tho. With money flowing more easily, you can make more positive choices about your external environment.

however, at the same time, start looking at yourself and the energy within - and look to the heart to see hwat it is that gives you real joy. if you can connect to your joy, the external won't matter so much. Keep yourself really grounded and centred in this.
Old 25-11-2013, 02:23 PM
4everLove

I just want to first say thank you to all of these wonderful responses! Seriously, every single one is really helpful and I am trying to look at my situation.

I noticed that I fear not finding a job where I make money ok to help support me, I fear leaving my current job and all the staff and residents, I fear not being able to afford living on my own. And I have TOTALLY been binging on junk food...I never eat this way and I always like natural organic and vegetarian. It's more of an emotional thing I realized.

I took a little leap and sent in an application to volunteer for the Humane Society and help the animals! It was out of the blue!

Quick question, how do I release and surrender because I notice that I am very much so emotionally attached or others attached to me and to this whole situation. I feal everytime I let go during this situation this past year I never see anything happen....and now it has been a fear for me to let go. Any ideas on how to let go?

You all are so great and I greatly appreciate your help :)

4Everlove