Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 17-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Seeker

Interesting Pendulum Results

Hello All!

I have read before that the pendulum is controlled by our subconscious and wanted to know if my pendulum would concur...so I asked it. The first time I asked, it did not move at all. I knew that was an answer of sorts b/c my pendulum always responds to me right away and stops when I think/say 'Thank you'.

So I took that fwiww that day, but thought to ask again yesterday. It gave an immediate 'No'. I then asked if the force that moved the pendulum was Universal Mind...and it swung an immediate 'Yes'. Interesting!

Will others ask their pendulums the same? I'd be curious of the results!
Old 17-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Newbie ;)

The pendulum is what I call an ideometric form of divination, because it does use the ideomotor phenomenon.

For example, I can (and have) asked the pendulum if my name is Ashton, and it will move in a yes direction. Then, if I change my belief so that I believe that my name is not Ashton, and then I ask the same question again, it will move in a no direction.

Try it out for yourself.
Old 17-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Seeker

Heh...that's curious then b/c I had no belief about whether it was one or the other...that's why I asked.
I know it is said that you can make it swing one way or the other-as you did with your name, but I was not engaged in the swing at all.
Old 18-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixNine
but I was not engaged in the swing at all.

I'm curious about how you use your pendulum then.
Old 18-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Pathfinder

this is why you are supposed to try and remain as objective as possible when asking questions, because yes, it can be easily swayed by your own beliefs. The problem is remaining objective... there may not be such a thing.... even if you think one of your guides or a spirit is answering, your ego may be too strong and overrule it.

Anyway, I will give it a try and come back with results.
Old 20-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Seeker

Meaning my mind was disengaged as to whether it swung or not...would be interesting though to tie it up and see the result...I may do that
Old 11-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixNine
I then asked if the force that moved the pendulum was Universal Mind...and it swung an immediate 'Yes'.
I've written a 7 digit binary code, example 1010101. The Universal Mind surely knows the code right? Can you tell with the pendulum that what is it? Like, before starting, you can decide "yes"=1, "no"=0. I don't think you would be able to tell the correct answer in a single try as it's your brain moving the pendulum, not the Universal Mind, in my opinion. You can try producing your own randomness whether through cards, die, random.org website and then ask the pendulum.
PhoenixNine, what do you think of this?