Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-12-2017, 03:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Thanks for sharing further Seawolf. I have walked through PTSD and understand the implications through the process. It took me a long time through a few processors much like your doing to really end the fragmented aspects in myself. I believe a conscious open state and willingness to walk it through can open the full potential of yourself. The reinforcement is really the undoing ongoing, like the onion unlayering affect, allowing those layers to arise and be released step by step. The body is remarkable in that it rejuvenates as we open and let go of what no longer serves us. With this gift is the voice within that speaks on what it needs to bring it back to life as one.

I often read the poster on my chiro's wall about the time frame for the body parts to rejuvenate. Its quite astounding really how the body can heal itself in everyway if we create the right environment to allow it to do its thing.

I notice of late when my internal organs are checked at the chiro at the base of the skull. He is becoming pleasantly surprised by the "no need" to support them with adjustments. I know its because I am doing the work to sustain a healthy mind body system. My body recognises these affects and does it's thing to be more in harmony with my efforts.

I understand. It sounds very empowering an a good tool to support you through your process. Self love is a major tool of empowerment. The deeper we go into that core of self worth and self love, the more open we become to those seeds of potential we each are within.

I am a living example of someone who has crawled through all these layers and found myself again in everyway. I continue to open my seeds and build a continued healthy mind/body system, which is very exciting..
The body knowing what it needs and healing itself is a theme being reinforced in my therapy. But it doesn't happen if it's not allowed, given the space and assistance to work it's magic. I was restricted by my ignorance but by a chance encounter of good fortune started seeing a therapist. That's when the healing really started taking off. I may be trying Holotropic Breathwork soon, which seems to do some very deep cleansing. People who've done it regularly report astounding life changes. I'm glad to hear you've come so far and found yourself. I'm excited to see what potential come from me in all this. Miracles can happen. I know this because I looked at my shame with compassion the other day, something I never fathomed possible.
Old 23-12-2017, 06:25 AM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Neato..

Bless you yours and in to the super suit Can handle. For ever

I mean it.
Old 23-12-2017, 06:29 AM
Master
[quote=Seawolf]Thanks for the encouragement, a healing path has been a long time coming for me.[quote]

We are all on that path, each alone and in our own ways, but also together as we all have that in common.

Quote:
I'm thankful for the rise of good therapy, and people like Bessel Van der Kolk and their studies that raise awareness. To me brain damage is when there's been so much trauma that it's expected all the time and nothing good can be accepted due to the established pathways, yet this can be changed.

Indeed, trauma can be a time in the past which sets of a domino effect, and sometimes we have go back into the memory to recollect (in both meanings of that word) that part of ourselves we 'covered up' at that time. We generally find our past self-figure is resentful about being left there ignored and forgotten, so it takes time to cultivate that forgivness and trust needed to 'work as a team' as you put it.

Quote:
An old dog can learn new tricks if the method is sound. I've come to see the physical as the most mystical and spiritual thing in life, with much left to understand about it, and as we learn more we'll see just how spiritual the brain and body are. It's the idea that we have a handle on it that causes us to seek answers elsewhere. I doubt we know even 5 percent of ourselves.

Well yes, as most people's conscious awareness is only perceiving at the hard solid level of our living, well, lifeform. In my meditations I look into the details of the bodys sensations and over time becaume more conscious on a subtler level. Things get caught in the body, too, so as I went into it I found how hard tightened sensations relate to stuck psycho-emotional stuff, the body being its manifest form. Because my own path was psycho/physical in this way, I relate to the yoga aspects of the healing, and how the healing is working multidimentionally across the mind/body. The spiritual aspect is what you call your loving self, which is the observational quality of 'knowing' without value judgment, to see all things in loving kindness.
Old 23-12-2017, 08:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Indeed, trauma can be a time in the past which sets of a domino effect, and sometimes we have go back into the memory to recollect (in both meanings of that word) that part of ourselves we 'covered up' at that time. We generally find our past self-figure is resentful about being left there ignored and forgotten, so it takes time to cultivate that forgivness and trust needed to 'work as a team' as you put it.
The idea that fear, shame, guilt was my brain trying to protect me was my first step in this relationship. If I'm in fear, shame and isolation, less chance I'll get hurt more. Guilt was laid heavy on me early in life, used to control, and now it tries to protect me from more guilt. Guilt to protect from guilt.. not an easy concept for me. Even though my understanding is limited as this is still new, I get that the brain is simply trying to protect. I remember to thank it when suffering. I'm reminded of the Ho'oponopono prayer, which was intended towards the inner child .."I love you, thank you, I'm sorry, please forgive me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Well yes, as most people's conscious awareness is only perceiving at the hard solid level of our living, well, lifeform. In my meditations I look into the details of the bodys sensations and over time becaume more conscious on a subtler level. Things get caught in the body, too, so as I went into it I found how hard tightened sensations relate to stuck psycho-emotional stuff, the body being its manifest form. Because my own path was psycho/physical in this way, I relate to the yoga aspects of the healing, and how the healing is working multidimentionally across the mind/body. The spiritual aspect is what you call your loving self, which is the observational quality of 'knowing' without value judgment, to see all things in loving kindness.
The Adverse Childhood Experiences study shows that trauma can affect the body. Somatic Experiencing is a one new therapy that focuses on the body and releasing trauma. I experience this, the limbs want to go in chaotic motions, as if fighting. The result is gradully less time spent in fight, flight, or freeze mode. These are responses in the old brain, which is why trauma affects basic function like breathing and sleep. It doesn't know we're safe, there's always danger, the world is always about to end.

I love the yoga I discovered. It's definitely helped me quite a bit, and its seems to be making changes in the brain, opening the heart, calming. It reduces ptsd symptoms, and apparently opens the mind to all kinds of new things. At the end of a set of exercises we feel the entire body as a whole, and go beyond the body to 'experience our own infinity' even though I still don't get that part. I heard a talk about we are the objects we percieve, so maybe that something to do with it.
Old 24-12-2017, 04:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Sometimes in life the dance gets intense for us as individuals. Sometimes we have to go alone, sometimes together. I realized something over the past six weeks that even though this journey of self awareness and awakening, requires us to dig deep, listen and move ourselves if we can ongoing into such profound change and movements, its a lonely journey at times. You know reading through your post, it kicked something inside me, showing me how hard it can be, when there is only you pushing through, finding answers, dealing alone, taking new action, being responsible for yourself. I have people around me who care and support, but at the core of this process, I realized I been doing it alone for so long. No matter who I pray too, chant too, read from, connect too, be a part of, its ultimately myself facing and moving through everything. Some people as I mentioned some where else, just live and get on with it, some of us go through profound conscious walks, we deal hard, we cry hard, we have to sort through everything alone to find what we need. I remember for weeks through that six week process, continually saying out loud to myself, "I am tired".

And then I realized why.

Something changed in that time as one I should add. I understand. "There is love" that supports us in ways that we need when we go alone through the process of this deep and difficult journey. Its a love that carries us in ways we cant carry ourselves. Sometimes it is a simply thing. Sometimes more profound. And I also understand, "And there is love".

In the "and there is love" there is an awareness that through the ability to open and express yourself as love and express emotions, something begins to lighten up inside you.

Self love is an ever deepening process as you know, consciously looking and doing for yourself to find an internal point of peace and harmony with your life and balance. Allowing you to do things more effortlessly and lightly, less taxing, heavy and difficult for yourself. More lovingly for yourself, because you reach that deeper level of love that reflects and really feels loved. And wants to love in return because of that deepening of self love.

I know you struggle through so much of the journey. I get it, it can be a long hard road of recovery and reconnection, once you understand and have let go of what you know your not, what contains you, it does get lighter and easier.

Lets celebrate your new step of recovery for you. God knows I know you deserve it.

Disconnection was hard process within me, reconnection was even tougher for me. The two go hand in hand.

Reminds me of this quote I have hanging in my kitchen.

"And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb"
Thank you.

I've been taking some time offline to focus on writing my book. I'll be taking more net breaks now for some clarity.

Yes, I only have my past experiences and the words of God and my guides helping me out.

I'm in the middle of writing a sacred tome on Tantra, incorporating everything I have directly learned...the floor plan of the Borobudur Temple in Java based on Sri Yantra...the interplay of Ganesh and the Red Dakini in Muladhara Chakra, how to practice Nadi Shodhana correctly, the link between the Six-pointed star and Sanat Kumara, the hidden teachings of Hermes Trismegistus, the occult meaning of Christmas and some stuff about freemasonry, how to practice Kechari Mudra and inner Trataka to hear the 'unstruck sounds' made by the Anahata Chakra, the sekala and niskala practices of Balinese Tantra, the nadis in the brain and how to activate them and a treatise on Goddess Worship...it's all coming together and fitting quite nicely.
Old 24-12-2017, 06:15 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you.

I've been taking some time offline to focus on writing my book. I'll be taking more net breaks now for some clarity.

Yes, I only have my past experiences and the words of God and my guides helping me out.

I'm in the middle of writing a sacred tome on Tantra, incorporating everything I have directly learned...the floor plan of the Borobudur Temple in Java based on Sri Yantra...the interplay of Ganesh and the Red Dakini in Muladhara Chakra, how to practice Nadi Shodhana correctly, the link between the Six-pointed star and Sanat Kumara, the hidden teachings of Hermes Trismegistus, the occult meaning of Christmas and some stuff about freemasonry, how to practice Kechari Mudra and inner Trataka to hear the 'unstruck sounds' made by the Anahata Chakra, the sekala and niskala practices of Balinese Tantra, the nadis in the brain and how to activate them and a treatise on Goddess Worship...it's all coming together and fitting quite nicely.

That's cool that your writing a book Shivani Devi when you've done it are you going to post the link to it or something.
Old 24-12-2017, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshy b. good
Bless you yours and in to the super suit Can handle. For ever

I mean it.

The super suit. I like that. What is the super suit boshy?

I take it you mean it always.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-12-2017, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
The idea that fear, shame, guilt was my brain trying to protect me was my first step in this relationship. If I'm in fear, shame and isolation, less chance I'll get hurt more. Guilt was laid heavy on me early in life, used to control, and now it tries to protect me from more guilt. Guilt to protect from guilt.. not an easy concept for me. Even though my understanding is limited as this is still new, I get that the brain is simply trying to protect. I remember to thank it when suffering. I'm reminded of the Ho'oponopono prayer, which was intended towards the inner child .."I love you, thank you, I'm sorry, please forgive me."

It's best to understand that there's good reason to put parts away, so that sort of protection is a good thing in its own way, even though the 'hidden part' has to come out at a later time. To retrieve the hurt child as the adult who can ensure it is safe is how it goes when the child itself in the past wasn't given that kind of security.

Quote:
The Adverse Childhood Experiences study shows that trauma can affect the body. Somatic Experiencing is a one new therapy that focuses on the body and releasing trauma. I experience this, the limbs want to go in chaotic motions, as if fighting. The result is gradully less time spent in fight, flight, or freeze mode. These are responses in the old brain, which is why trauma affects basic function like breathing and sleep. It doesn't know we're safe, there's always danger, the world is always about to end.

Indeed, trauma is not only imaginary, but is an actual 'presence' in the body, so the yoga approach with the mind/body awareness would open things up somewhat at the physical sensation level. What they call 'fight or flight' (sympathetic nervous system) can be hyperactive despite there being no real and present danger. As we know, this neurology is throughout the body and brain - sensory stimulous - spinal chord - brain - response, all the same neurology.

Quote:
I love the yoga I discovered. It's definitely helped me quite a bit, and its seems to be making changes in the brain, opening the heart, calming.
Excellent. I always admired the yoga approach for it's holistic quality.

Quote:
It reduces ptsd symptoms, and apparently opens the mind to all kinds of new things. At the end of a set of exercises we feel the entire body as a whole, and go beyond the body to 'experience our own infinity' even though I still don't get that part. I heard a talk about we are the objects we percieve, so maybe that something to do with it.

Meh, I'd not be concerned with 'experiencing our infinity', and I don't see how we are objects in any sense, but the practice of balance of mind in the here and now will enable the free passing of all things. So your approach with body mind and your real living presence works across the mind/body/spirit dimensions as the 'whole you' as you actually are in real life.
Old 24-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's best to understand that there's good reason to put parts away, so that sort of protection is a good thing in its own way, even though the 'hidden part' has to come out at a later time. To retrieve the hurt child as the adult who can ensure it is safe is how it goes when the child itself in the past wasn't given that kind of security.
For me it's the foundation of releasing trauma to realize that the part is acting out, just trying to protect, that it's not something to fear, so the stored energy is allowed to safely come up and finally be able express itself. It's like a child who is finally seen, respected and allowed to safely feel the way it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Indeed, trauma is not only imaginary, but is an actual 'presence' in the body, so the yoga approach with the mind/body awareness would open things up somewhat at the physical sensation level. What they call 'fight or flight' (sympathetic nervous system) can be hyperactive despite there being no real and present danger. As we know, this neurology is throughout the body and brain - sensory stimulous - spinal chord - brain - response, all the same neurology.
Yoga does a calming affect, getting the system used to that way of feeling, building the neurological pathways of peace that are so weak. It can release some stored energy, depending if the exercise is meant for that. But the most releasing has come through a combination of EMDR and Somatic Experiencing.
Old 24-12-2017, 07:09 PM
boshy b. good

Quote:
The super suit. I like that. What is the super suit boshy?

I take it you mean it always.

Oh, that ..

A shakespeared combat crimefighter robot suit. Just the vest and helmet.

And alike your picture.

sure.