Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-01-2012, 04:57 PM
journeyofone

Tingling during meditation

I have never really meditated other than a few times in group led meditation (short) and had a few things happen that I would like to share and find out if others have had similar experiences.
I noticed this past time that my lips started to tingle for a very short time- through the rest of the evening I felt a slight pressure (not quite tingling) at the back of my head. Also, during the meditation I felt an incredible warmth on both sides of my (mid) shoulder blades.

Aside from any medical issues - are these some common things that can happen when meditating?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyofone
I have never really meditated other than a few times in group led meditation (short) and had a few things happen that I would like to share and find out if others have had similar experiences.
I noticed this past time that my lips started to tingle for a very short time- through the rest of the evening I felt a slight pressure (not quite tingling) at the back of my head. Also, during the meditation I felt an incredible warmth on both sides of my (mid) shoulder blades.

Aside from any medical issues - are these some common things that can happen when meditating?

Probably not common, but that was the experience as you experienced it.

Meditation makes perception more honed, sharper and keener... people tend to notice more subtle sensations, so your experience is a positive sign.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Master

Anything is possible when meditating. Lately when I meditate I feel a pressure on the top of my head. It feels like something is pressing down on my head. It does not worry me. I think it is my mind. If I concentrate I can easily feel that sensation on that area. The more I concentrate on it, the more I can feel it. I do not know why I do it. I cannot gain anything from it.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Anything is possible when meditating. Lately when I meditate I feel a pressure on the top of my head. It feels like something is pressing down on my head. It does not worry me. I think it is my mind. If I concentrate I can easily feel that sensation on that area. The more I concentrate on it, the more I can feel it. I do not know why I do it. I cannot gain anything from it.

So many tell me there is a sensation on their crown that wasn't there before. That is quite common among meditators.

There is nothing to gain from it in particular... but it is part of becoming sharper and more deeply aware.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Master

That is interesting.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:16 PM
santacruz18

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy

I had the pressure on the top of head last week when I asked for my guadian angel to come forward and give me a sign. The pressure lasted quite a while. I was paying so much attention to it my mind kept chattering about it (LOL) Then I got a cob web "thwack" to the side of my head. had this many time. It's so interesting, no fear.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:44 AM
heysoulsister

I faciliate meditation groups and from my experiences, what you are feeling is quite common...especially in the group scenario where the energy is flowing freely.

If you are sensitive to energy then tingling may be your body's way of accepting healing, it could simply be spirit gently nurturing you during your meditation. I often get tingles when I feel angels around me and especially warmth on your shoulders - would indicate to me that angels were definitely present with you during your experience.

The pressure at the back of your head may be your energy centre (crown chakra or third eye) opening up during the meditation.

Try not to be fearful of the experience just go with it as everyone's experience is different. By allowing the energy to flow, you will be able to meditate more easily and quickly than resisting the energy flow.

Meditation is amazing for self awareness so well done for getting into it....hope you continue to have great experiences....

Love & light.... :)

Last edited by heysoulsister : 04-01-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:11 AM
More In Common

I've felt similar tingling but in different areas of the body during meditation and from what I hear/read it's quite common.
I agree with the previous statements that it's most likely a sign of increased awareness, perception of subtle energies and sensitivity to normally-imperceivable physiological processes.
Good luck with your meditation!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:26 PM
LuvChild

I have never felt tingling, but since my first time trying meditation, I do experience spontaneous muscle movement, my head will turn side to side, and sometimes in a circular motion. It's been doing it since day one, and I've read online to just let it happen, it's just my body releasing tension. So I've come to expect these movements when I meditate.

Once I did have a tingling sensation shoot from the base of the back of my neck up to the top of my head. That felt really cool. I would love to experience that again. If anyone has any idea what that may have been about, I'd love to know your thoughts.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvChild
I have never felt tingling, but since my first time trying meditation, I do experience spontaneous muscle movement, my head will turn side to side, and sometimes in a circular motion. It's been doing it since day one, and I've read online to just let it happen, it's just my body releasing tension. So I've come to expect these movements when I meditate.

Once I did have a tingling sensation shoot from the base of the back of my neck up to the top of my head. That felt really cool. I would love to experience that again. If anyone has any idea what that may have been about, I'd love to know your thoughts.

The particular sensation occured, so be it. That is the reality as it happened to you, and it isn't 'about' anything really, it just is.