Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-12-2013, 12:01 AM
shinenz

I believe we choose our parents/this life etc. I wish I could remember more, or maybe I haven't simply tried the right way. I clearly remember seeing my mother in labour, I was above her, just sitting ( well hovering kind of) and waiting patiently, with great sense of calmness. So I obviously knew what I was about to enter/do for the next 79yrs on this planet. Why I say 79, is I have already seen and recently passed, my half way point in life. I'm not meeting all my life's challenges head on, sometimes opting to avoid difficult decisions that could cause major upheaval. So whilst I am aware of some lessons I need to learn, others have passed, and some yet to come. My sister is downs syndrome, i'm sure her, our family all had something to learn from this. My sister isn't unhappy, and whilst I have been around physically/mentally challenged people through out my life, in either a home environment, or my working life ..... I tend to think that yes this could very well have been a chosen path for this life. I'm sure the valuable lessons we learn, or don't learn have a very significant outcome for us
Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
well, you don't have to swallow anything that, to you, doesn't taste of truth. it seems the majority of folks on this forum believe in the standard linear reincarnation theory with it's cruel attending dogma of "karma accumulation" BUT the popularity of a belief doesn't necessarily indicate that the belief is an absolute universal truth. i'm just offering an alternate view of the reincarnation theory which allows for the learning from "past lives" without taking on the "sins", guilt and punishments for acts that one hasn't, in fact, committed.

Hey again IQ, Can I ask where did you come by this idea about things, was it from something you read or heard? Id love if you don't mind sharing to hear more about your thoughts on this, and how they came to be :) It interests me because of a fleeting thought I had about it all, maybe a few weeks ago when someone was talking with me, I just remembered thinking bout the idea of akashic records, and it made me think about how I feel we access source out there alone, the oneness kicking in again haha! in many different areas with things this has changed my view points, so with guides and everything to be honest but that's not for this post! But would very much enjoy listening to you regarding threads topic as its something ive never even come close to finding an explanation for, and must confess I never really tried to hard, but I adore having my mind made to think about something id pretty much given up on ever feeling an understanding with :)
Thanks in advance :)
Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 04-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
Hey again IQ, Can I ask where did you come by this idea about things, was it from something you read or heard? Id love if you don't mind sharing to hear more about your thoughts on this, and how they came to be :)
I love how things fall together, not long after posting this thread someone replied to another thread id written with a link, within that link was this by frank keppler, never heard of him but he has some interesting thoughts from what ive skimmed through ..
'Focus 4 of consciousness holds what you might call our individual Primary Essence. Each individual is a focus of his or her Primary Essence. Stemming from each of our Primary Essences, if you like, are many, many other focuses. A person may have thousands of other focuses who are experiencing physical lives, both in our physical world and in many other physical dimensions too, but these other focuses are NOT us. But they are directly connected to us, if you like, as they are a focus of the same Primary Essence.

We can MERGE with these other focuses as they are of the same Primary Essence and they can MERGE with us. When I say merge I mean we can search within us and experience them. They are, most certainly 'other lives' and other lives we can merge with and experience. But they are NOT us. They are other focuses of our Primary Essence.

Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 05-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
I love how things fall together, not long after posting this thread someone replied to another thread id written with a link, within that link was this by frank keppler, never heard of him but he has some interesting thoughts from what ive skimmed through ..
'Focus 4 of consciousness holds what you might call our individual Primary Essence. Each individual is a focus of his or her Primary Essence. Stemming from each of our Primary Essences, if you like, are many, many other focuses. A person may have thousands of other focuses who are experiencing physical lives, both in our physical world and in many other physical dimensions too, but these other focuses are NOT us. But they are directly connected to us, if you like, as they are a focus of the same Primary Essence.

We can MERGE with these other focuses as they are of the same Primary Essence and they can MERGE with us. When I say merge I mean we can search within us and experience them. They are, most certainly 'other lives' and other lives we can merge with and experience. But they are NOT us. They are other focuses of our Primary Essence.

Loopy

yep! that's about it. not sure how i, personally, came to that theory. i just pondered my way to it, i suppose. i mean, there's too many instances of "past life memory" to dismiss the reincarnation concept entirely so i figured there had to be a more accurate way to view the experience.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Thunderbird

I'm not that knowledgable on different religions or other beliefs on the subject I don't read anything on it either. So can anyone tell me if there is a belief structured around this. We have a higher self that sends a part of its self with a type of amnesia to many life possibilities. The reason is to have the possibility to learn lessons over time so we can evolve. The end result is so that our higher selves evolve to a point that we can exist within a linear time existence together and not destroy it in the process because our level of evolution gives us the ability to control the environment around us.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM
Thunderbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
This is a question that is asked a lot do we choose our lives parents etc.well im not of the belief that we do i remember being born and not wanting to come back into this world,let alone live the life i have had and the parents either. this is something i say all the time.i nearly died at birth and have had NDE also.but im still here.as for regression i have had it done mine was done by a hypnotist all it revealed to me was what i already knew anyway.past life regression can help in many cases gives you an insight into why certain things happen etc.

Namaste
Unless the reason you came into this life is because you didn't want it. There is one of those paradoxes again can't escape them.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 AM
Guide
I have always wanted to know if we chose the life to be born into and even know what will happen. My husband has a very hard time with this aspect of reincarnation, because from the age of 3 up until he was 17, he was severely abused physically by his stepfather. He can't wrap his mind around why he would chose that, and I simply tell him I'm not sure what to believe either.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:57 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976
I have always wanted to know if we chose the life to be born into and even know what will happen. My husband has a very hard time with this aspect of reincarnation, because from the age of 3 up until he was 17, he was severely abused physically by his stepfather. He can't wrap his mind around why he would chose that, and I simply tell him I'm not sure what to believe either.

Hello

I would look to the life lessons that while its a bad experience shaped him into the person he is today. At times its those life lessons early on that 'gift' us in the path we end up on in the adult years.

I for so many year's thought it cruel for me to be placed in a home where I could not talk about what I would see and experience. I am a Medium/Psychic and I had a bad childhood and teen years from trying to figure it all out. What I know now is that I had to have that life path of struggles to do the work I now do with people both living and dead. I at times take on the work no one else wants.

I have a friend that was burned at 4 and spend a year in hospital, from there he was placed back in the family home only to be abused yet again and finally taken away. From there it was bouncing to home to home...never fitting in. It has only been recently in the past year that he is settling into accepting that it make his path....in life to the wonderful man he is today. He too asked WHY me many times.

We have to expereince things for our Soul at times that seem to be not what anyone should have to but it all defines whom we are in how we come a stronger person from it.

Lynn
Old 10-12-2013, 04:28 AM
Guide
I agree with you, very much so. My husband is not quite ready, I think, to hear those words. He's still healing. One day, I know he'll see it.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976
He need not wrap his mind around why he chose his life because may be he did not choose his life. There is nothing to gain by choosing to believe something or the other. It is better to wait for truth to reveal itself than to rush to believe something because someone says so.