Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Guide

Being muffled?

When you pray to spirit guides or to your god/goddess do you ever feel like something is being shoved in your mouth?

I tried to pray last night but while I was doing that it felt like something was being shoved into my mouth, and the top of my head was hurting... And it felt like something was pressing up on my back too... I currently feel sick in my stomach... Not sure why, and the more I pray the worse it gets.

Is that normal?

How to I make it go away?

Ps. Idk if this is the right place to put it but I am trying to get in touch with my spirit guides and/or goddesses kuan yin
Old 02-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Master
Not sure I understand the mouth part, but top of head and back could be crown chakra and backside of heart chakra. When feeling it for the first time is feels very strange and I've felt it as you did. Generally tho its tingly sensation instead.

My best guess is your chakras are starting to open and you are becoming aware of them, meaning you are getting an answer to your prayers if you've been asking for spiritual developed type help.

Pressure on/in mouth is likely to be another answer. See....you can't hear god/godess, guides/angels ect when your talking! lol Or thinking for that matter. So Google chakras and teach yourself about them if you don't know and start learning how to shut the voice in your brain off so you can HEAR. Meditation works well for learning how to stop the babbling voice of 'you'. It's a learned behavior accomplished with practice and doing it is the gateway to many, many abilities.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Guide

For the mouth part... It really feels like someone is stuffing like.. A sock or some kind of gag in my mouth? Does that make sense?

And I know I can't hear or see them, but I do feel them. The last time I prayed before bed, I woke up super warm, and I felt alot of love in the room and my back felt like it was on fire. But right now all I feel is sick in my gut, and my mouth and throat feels like there is something stuck inside it like a gag, I swallowed.

Either way I felt very uncomfortable while praying.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Master
Yea, research chakras and start learning how to control them and get comfortable with them. You have a lot of Awakening symptoms. DOn't get lost in the details or FEAR, think big picture on this.

As to the gut part, your solar plexic chakra is there, just where the rib cage meets - when its open it's easily mislabeled as heart burn or indegestion.

The sacral chakra is two finger widths below your belly button, when it's open it can feel like constipation, or did for me. If both are open at once you could feel everything down there is just kinda weird or unsettled.
Until you learn more that is. Eventually you get very happy when you feel them open, it's kinda like hearing your heart beat - proof everything is working right. They have always been opening and closing and doing their thing, just like heart and lungs and intestines, but because it's energy they move instead of air/blood or poop, you've not noticed before. The very definition of Awareness is to become aware of the subtlties. You are doing that now. =)

Basically the body has a very limited way to percieve things. Think about colds, flu's, typhoid, dysentary, west nile fever, bird flu and so on...they all have nearly the same symptomology. Maybe one has aching bones another not, conjestion or not, headache or not - but in the over all picture the differences are minor. Make sense?

When we first start becoming aware of our chakra's its the same, we don't have any frame of referance so interpret it the same as other things we've known. Educating yourself is what will help you sort out what it what.

I still think the 'sock in mouth' feeling is your Guides talking to you. Telling you "Put a sock in it!" lol Guides can be hystrical sometimes.

I spent nearly a month lost every day that I got in my car in my own town on my own local streets with a GPS going! Finally I just pulled over and started laughing from deep inside. When I could finally speak, through gasping for air, I told God/Universe/Creator "Yea I KNOW I'm Lost do you have to show me so literally?!" and dissolved into laughter again.

The point is we're really hard headed in the beginning of our opening to higher levels of consciousness and awareness so our Guides/God/Creator/Source/HigherSelf (whatever it is thats trying to help us) has to give us some blatantly obvious clues to get through to us. Some day you'll learn how to not go into fear first thing when you feel any little new different thing and be able to get the message thats coming in for you right away and when that happens you'll look back at the 'sock in the mouth' time and have a good chuckle with the Universe over it. =D

Time for you to start meditating too. Meditating is the opposite of praying. In praying your are busy talking and not listening, in meditating you are 'listening' and not talking.
Start researching meditating - first hint is Stop Thinking and Talking! Go to No Mind. Learn to stop your brain from prattling on like a talkitive 3 year old narriating every second.

And the #1 thing to get a handle on when awakening is your fear. There's nothing to Fear. Everything is unfolding perfectly and in Divine Order. Hush the little 3 year old scardy-cat brain up. =D Get good at hushing it up, it forever tries to rise up and take over and it stands right by the FEAR button ready to push it at any little blip on the radar. Silly thing.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Guide

I meditate nearly everyday, that's what I do before bed so whatever haunts me in the day doesn't haunt me at night. I rarely do prayers... Havent prayed for 2 years, and before that I never prayed! Didn't believe in higher junk never did.

And I have read the awakening symptoms and chakras...

Well if anything I think I should pray more. I've only prayed like 2 days out of my whole life. I did pray like once or twice with my mom... But I was only parroting what she said out loud. But I never remembered the words or took it seriously. Kind of like the USA national anthem you recite in class.

I have noticed I tend to Astral project when I meditate. Or at least i start seeing the room I meditate in. And sometimes I will feel stuff around me... Like cats, people, a fuzzy lizard shaped thing. I also sometimes smell stuff like flowers, incense but it's mostly sulfur and something burning... It's been smelling like wood and smoke alot lately... I don't like it cause I think the house is burning down but its not... And no body was cooking at the time or a few hours earlier. (parents sleep during day and brother doesn't cook) the only person that cooks in the day is the lady that cooks for my grandpa but it usually smells like food not burning stuff... And I don't smell any burnt stuff in the kitchen. Either that or no one is home but me for several hours when I start smelling that smoke and wood. Or just general burning of something.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Master
things you 'astro smell' so to speak are information for you, could have been a cabin there once where an interesting story unfolds that you might wanna see cause it has a clue for you or any number of things, you have an interesting clue, go explore it. I went to Corral Castle in Florida recently with a group of friends all with different abilities, we picked up all kinds of things without meditating even.
Afterwards we all compared notes, it was like everyone putting thier puzzle pieces on the table and putting togehter and puzzle. The results suprised us, turned out we cracked part of how ole Ed built deminsional portals! That he could wasn't even mentioned anywhere...one of the clues was I smelled smoke from a wood burning stove. Another person realized the windows int eh tower were aligned to specific stars, another kept getting flashes of a room filled with smoke/mist/fog and another kept seeing a wall with moonlight falling on it, and another was seeing contraptions set on the window sills and so on. Turns out he was using moonlight to illuminate specific designs in the middle of the room to 'draw' what was needed to open a multi-deminsional portal. This was his way of traveling the astro plains.

Anyway the point here is to not be afraid and engage all these extra sensory perceptions with interest and intregue and become your own Sherlock Holmes or Nancy Drew and explore this new exciting Mystery you've been given!

The more you use your talents the more they grow ad morph into higher level things or new ones open up. Invision what goes into learning to play an instrument, then reading music, then learning other instruments until you can play anything in teh orchestra, then image being the conductor...then imagine being a composer! There's just no end to it as far as I can tell, I'm about 9 instruments in now and able to switch to various types of abilities as needed to find clues ... it's really rather exciting!

Or concider yourself on a multi-awareness savenger hunt in the Multi-verse!

Have fun!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseAwakening
When you pray to spirit guides or to your god/goddess do you ever feel like something is being shoved in your mouth?

I tried to pray last night but while I was doing that it felt like something was being shoved into my mouth, and the top of my head was hurting... And it felt like something was pressing up on my back too... I currently feel sick in my stomach... Not sure why, and the more I pray the worse it gets.

Is that normal?

How to I make it go away?

Ps. Idk if this is the right place to put it but I am trying to get in touch with my spirit guides and/or goddesses kuan yin

You could simply ask them to back off and approach you more slowly. The body reacts in so many different ways... anyway, I've had success with just asking for a little space when needed.