Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 31-01-2013, 05:06 PM
snowtiger

Can I trust my guides again?

Bit of a complicated question. Please bear with me.

So, my Ascension buddy and I went thru a lot of very bizarre experiences, some of them physically and emotionally taxing to the point that it was very difficult to live our normal day-to-day lives. During this process, which lasted over a year, we heard very clearly from our guides about what was going on and when we could expect things to happen, and we trusted them completely. For a long time, everything was spot-on accurate. (Before you ask, they were definitely of the Light, so it wasn't like we were "tricked" or anything.) However, especially towards the end, we were getting seriously frustrated by the lack of things we'd been promised actually manifesting after all the work we'd put in. They kept saying there were 'unforeseen delays' or 'something went wrong.' But, seldom did they explain what happened, or give a way we could help to get things back on track. Eventually it felt like they were dangling a carrot in front of us, promising us stuff that would never happen or was far in the future, saying it was 'close' or 'soon' just to keep us doing the work. After the Dec. 21 letdown, we'd finally had enough and asked them politely to either put up or shut up - follow through on what was promised, tell us exactly why the delays and when that would be resolved once and for all, or leave us alone, since we'd kept our part of the deal without fail, doing what was asked every time with minimal complaint, and still they had yet to keep their word.

Well... rather than explain things, they left us alone. Neither of us have heard a thing since then. And, we were okay with that; it was nice to have a vacation from the spiritual 'work' for awhile. Our psychic gifts also turned off. I gotta say, it was nice being 'normal' for a few days.

Then a few days ago, something happened physically that was exactly like what happened before, at a very inconvenient time, and it shut me down for over an hour - I couldn't even move. The pain lasted for several hours afterward. This came with no warning and no explanation from the guides (I finally consulted my higher self & got some idea of what it was). Just silence. When we had asked to be left alone, I said if they needed to do something like that again, at least let me know beforehand so I know what's going on, but that didn't happen. So... what the heck?

I'd like to be able to trust the guides again. I'd like to get that relationship back. And, I'd like to know what's going on; I'd thought my part in all this was over. But I don't know how to establish trust with beings I feel like lied to me or, at best, led me on with pie-in-the-sky promises.

Is anybody else having a similar experience with their guides, with them being wrong and not explaining, or feeling let down by them? Can the relationship come back from that?
Old 31-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Fae2573

I had something similar and just posted about it but my post would not go through. It's a long story but after years of being loving, of the light, leading me and guiding me gently to let go of my past and be the person God wants me to be my guide got ****ed off at me. Some of you may say he was not a guide but a demon, trickster, evil spirit. I just don't know. He's been with me for at least two years and has always tried to get me to believe that I have a beautiful soul, that I am "of God," and that I will spiritually counsel people in the future. He wanted me to get back to being creative, told me my art is my "magic and manifestation."

What did I do? Fell in love with a married man. Drank too much. Acted like a hussy for the first time in my life. Ignored my gifts, my life, nearly lost my job. I was lead into situations that made me decide between right and wrong and I chose wrong every time. I became a person I did not like and did not know.

And right after the first of the year, after 12-21-12, my guide EXPLODED on me. He turned all tough love and told me every single thing I hate about myself as truth. He messed with my mind, manipulated my reality and lead me on a wild goose chase with the married man until I thought I was going out of my mind. My guide told me if I did "A, B & C" that the married man would leave his wife for me- and I did everything my guide told me to do, no question. Part of my lesson- to be DISCERNING and not believe anything without question, not even my guide {I was told this by my guide often in the end- that he was testing me to see how many lies I would believe before using the sense God gave me to be discerning.} In the end I brought the man very close to me, pushed him away, and nearly lost him altogether. He thinks I am crazy but is still my friend yet oh boy- yeah changed that relationship which needed to be changed. Um- married is married for a reason. My guide told me, "Yes I lied to you and I will again. I did it to get him out of your life because he is bad for you and it's killing you." But the catch is I did NOT have to do what my guide told me to. I chose to follow his advice.

In the end my guide and I, just about two weeks ago, shared a few nights of hard core "lessons" as he put me through Hell emotionally. At one point I almost passed out from shock except he caught me and told me to take a few deep breathe and come back because I was "in shock." He actually terrified me with some of his lies to the point I almost passed out. Told me I am his worst charge ever. I am a hard nut to crack. Called me horrible names, lied to me. And the very last night we spoke he told me he did it all out of teaching me a lesson the only way I know how to learn: through pain, heartache, despair and abuse. And he beseeched me to change my life and "go back to God." He advised me to get rid of all my new age stuff and turn back to my faith, which I am. He said that it pains him terribly to see how I treat myself, how I allow myself to be treated and, get this, how much abused I took from him until I finally told him I could no longer take any more abuse from him. He said, "Thank God- I've been waiting for you to finally ask me to stop instead of sitting there taking my abuse." For a split second I thought, as is my way to diminish all the pain in my life as if I deserve it, I thought "Oh this wasn't really abuse! Was it really that bad?" He stopped my thought mid-sentence and said, "Dear, if you do not think what I've put you through can be considered abuse then there is something seriously emotionally wrong with you and it causes me great pain."

He was vicious in the end but he saved me. He also lead me into stupid situations where, as he put it, I was tested and failed every test.

I am a stubborn prideful individual who was abused for almost 20 years. I may have spiraled out of control had it not been for the harsh intervention from whatever this entity was. I still don't know. I still don't know exactly what were lies and what was truth except for this:

Last thing he told me was, "Jennifer you are very loveable and I have always loved you. It has been painful teaching you this way." He also told me over and over, "Bathed by the light of the Lord." He said he was "God-energy" and even when he didn't love me because I made him mad that God always loved me. He quoted scripture that I don't even really know. And yes I know the devil can do all of this and more.

So- I hear ya. It's been one wild ride. One that any psychic would tell me is not true. That my guide is a demon or a trickster- yet... I just don't know. I was terrified for a while so I did tell him to please let me go now. I thought for sure he was a demon and only a demon. I consulted an elder in my church for advice. Now I've had two weeks to think about it. He could have sucked me down into oblivion. He HAD me. I was drowning. Oh, and I know it was for sure a spirit. He poked me with an electrical "jolt" a few times in the back and moved something in my home to get my attention. The dude could have... done very bad things to me. I am a saved Christian so not sure if he was a demon who just gave up on me or if he, as my guide, is tsk tsk tsking me right now for doubting him. All I know is he, or spirit, gave me every sign, synchronicity, dream, song on the radio, even sermons in my church to open my eyes to how I could become a better person and I ignored them ALL.

Not long ago I woke with Phillip Phillip's song "Home" playing in my mind- I knew it was a message from my guide. He wanted me to trust him but I never would, never fully. And then he opened a can of whoop @ss on me when soft and gentle finally would no longer work. Talk about confusing! Also a while back I woke with a song in my head that is not really a song on the radio. It was just in my mind. I hurried and wrote it down, the most beautiful sad country song about being unable to forget a lost love and constantly turning to another to get over the last wrong love. Story of my life and I just did not see it!

Now I do not know if I am supposed to go forward in my spirituality or "just" follow the bible. I am so confused and trying to figure all of this out. My church says this, all of this beyond the bible, is all of the devil but I just can't believe that. At the end of the day I cannot forget how eternally blessed my life is and know, in my heart, that this entity finally opened my eyes. Finally showed me I can forgive myself, stop hating myself, stop filling my insides with rotten poop about myself that is far from true. I wish I had just listened 18 months ago but sometimes we have to learn the hard way.

Funny how this timed just perfectly with your situation, hm? Funny how 12-21-12 was supposed to transform and heal and enlighten. I can't help but think that is what happened to me just in a really bass ackwards, only me because I am SO stubborn and willful and sadly, broken, manner. Well I was broken. God and Spirit have helped start to heal me.

How I feel about you and the promises from your guides is that I think with some of us they lead us in the wrong direction on purpose to test us. It's like a trail of breadcrumbs and finally it begins to feel "wrong" and they want us to pay attention to our intuition, our hearts, and not JUST them. So they lead us wrong until we figure it out. It is the only thing I can think. Anyone else would tell me to always trust my guide but mine did lie to me to get me to test myself. Maybe something similar happened to you?

I read this one other place, BTW. It was via a google search. A woman said her guide made her false promises, asked her to work towards something that never happened. Maybe preparing us for something different but better?
Old 31-01-2013, 07:02 PM
snowtiger

I had to leave Christianity a long time ago. The church doesn't exactly welcome those who are psychic (or as my childhood church called it, 'prophetic') and have metaphysical gifts, nor does it uplift women as the equals we are. Maybe Christianity is good for you and if so, that's wonderful and I wish you all the best. I just believe, personally, that it's been corrupted from its original beautiful form that uplifted people, corrupted to gain power by taking it away from others, by putting the church between an individual and God as "moral authority" and telling them how to live their lives. I'm far healthier now (what you'd call New Age) than I ever was as a Christian, finally learned to love and accept myself, and I know this is the right path for me. Again, though, if Christianity is where you feel happy, safe, welcome, and free to be more of yourself (not less), then by all means, that may well be the right path for you and God bless you on your journey. :)

However, I would caution you that no guide should 'put you thru hell' for any reason, tough love or no. If you need to be gotten through to, there is always another way besides lying, berating, tricking and punishing (those methods are of the dark, not the light). Love does not manipulate, not for any reason. And if something is not done of love, it's not of God. Period. Love may tell you a hard truth to hear, but it will do so in a kind and honest, forthright way. I don't get a good feeling about this guide. Beating you up so that you hate yourself or feel ashamed is not a loving behavior; in fact, it's an abusive one. I would avoid him in the future - and any guide, or human for that matter, who treats you with anything other than mutual respect and kindness at all times.

I don't believe my guides deliberately misled me, just that either they were wrong because free will ended up changing circumstances, or that they wanted to only tell me what would encourage me & knew I'd give up otherwise - but still, I'm a grownup; I feel I deserve to know the truth, and that's why I'm hesitant to trust them again until I do. I think that's only fair.
Old 31-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Fae2573

Thanks

I feel similarly to you on both regards. I don't think my "guide' was truly of the light and I don't exactly know what to think. Sometimes I think it tried to manipulate me even more, hence pushing me towards Christianity. I regret my knee-jerk terrified reaction in burning two years of writing and disposing of all my books, crystals, etc. I am done with living in fear.

I feel rather like you in the fact that Christianity disempowers. It is controlling. It is not about the individual. I do like my church- it is a good church but only *I* can decide. I do love Jesus Christ and know he is my Savior. I guess that is part of my lesson, to decide on my own. I was feeling black and I drew a black spirit to me. But it still taught me a lesson. Spirit does work in odd ways.

I am a much stronger person than I was months back. Now I have a lot of healing to do, and I'd like to know something- all the signs, wonderful dreams, psychic guidance- could that have been another guide? This one said he'd done it all but he clearly could have been lying. Can I just know it was my connection to Spirit, God, and move on?
Old 31-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Administrator
Do any of you actually test your guides? what you have written does not sound anything like a guide would do.i have been aware of spirit from birth and have a lot of contact with my guide.but they do like us to test them to make sure it is actually them.you should ask them questions etc.but spirit or guides are not allowed to intefere in our lives.a spirit guide is there to aid you on your spiritual path, i used to help run a development circle one day a member came in and said his guide was playing tricks on him.so he explained what had happened and i said it doesnt sound like your guide.as i had seen his guide,so we always used to tell the ppl to get used to your guides energy,once you can do this you know your guide is with you without asking,as it happened it wasnt his guide that was with him at all just another spirit not so highly evolved speaking to him.so we told him to close down refrain from doing any meditation for a day or two.when he tried again he asked his guide if it was him that had spoken to him he said it was not him,he got used to his guides energy and was ok with that.apart from that guides are not allowed to interfere in your daily lives,and as no future is set in stone to tell you what was going to happen is not allowed.that is why we all have free will.

Namaste
Old 31-01-2013, 09:46 PM
snowtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Do any of you actually test your guides? what you have written does not sound anything like a guide would do.i have been aware of spirit from birth and have a lot of contact with my guide.but they do like us to test them to make sure it is actually them.you should ask them questions etc.but spirit or guides are not allowed to intefere in our lives.a spirit guide is there to aid you on your spiritual path, i used to help run a development circle one day a member came in and said his guide was playing tricks on him.so he explained what had happened and i said it doesnt sound like your guide.as i had seen his guide,so we always used to tell the ppl to get used to your guides energy,once you can do this you know your guide is with you without asking,as it happened it wasnt his guide that was with him at all just another spirit not so highly evolved speaking to him.so we told him to close down refrain from doing any meditation for a day or two.when he tried again he asked his guide if it was him that had spoken to him he said it was not him,he got used to his guides energy and was ok with that.apart from that guides are not allowed to interfere in your daily lives,and as no future is set in stone to tell you what was going to happen is not allowed.that is why we all have free will.

Namaste

As a matter of fact, yes. We did test our guides. Always. If something they said didn't come about, we always asked why. If something sounded "off," we were quick to spot it & call them on it. It's why we doubted later on. And yes, it is allowed for them to tell you things that will happen, at least in probable futures - not everything, but some things.
Old 31-01-2013, 09:54 PM
snowtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fae2573
I feel similarly to you on both regards. I don't think my "guide' was truly of the light and I don't exactly know what to think. Sometimes I think it tried to manipulate me even more, hence pushing me towards Christianity. I regret my knee-jerk terrified reaction in burning two years of writing and disposing of all my books, crystals, etc. I am done with living in fear.

I feel rather like you in the fact that Christianity disempowers. It is controlling. It is not about the individual. I do like my church- it is a good church but only *I* can decide. I do love Jesus Christ and know he is my Savior. I guess that is part of my lesson, to decide on my own. I was feeling black and I drew a black spirit to me. But it still taught me a lesson. Spirit does work in odd ways.

I am a much stronger person than I was months back. Now I have a lot of healing to do, and I'd like to know something- all the signs, wonderful dreams, psychic guidance- could that have been another guide? This one said he'd done it all but he clearly could have been lying. Can I just know it was my connection to Spirit, God, and move on?

Congratulations on choosing not to live in fear! That's wonderful. I think everything comes back to love. And Jesus basically said that loving God and loving others as you love yourself are what all the other 'laws' or 'rules' are supposed to be based on (Matthew 22:37-40). So if you love God, and you take others into consideration & don't hurt them (because you wouldn't want to be likewise hurt), you're basically good to go.

I'd go back to the love test for any prospective guides or angels (or humans). Are they consistently honest, caring, and considerate? Do they make you feel loved, or ashamed/guilty/fearful? It's the best way I know to tell who's who. Hope that helps!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Free_Spirit1983

I don't mean to be disrespectful here but one thing that rings massive alarm bells is when you say "they were definitely of the Light, so it wasn't like we were "tricked" or anything"

How easy do you think it would be for say a fourth or fifth dimensional being to trick or manipulate a human / third dimensional being..

Take a maze in a puzzle book for example - a 2nd dimensional being would have to work it's way round every correct corridor, making certain correct turnings to get to the centre. Being a dimension higher, for us to get to the centre of the maze we simply go straight to the centre, mark and x in the centre without any effort whatsoever..

They don't have the constraints we do in this dimension, this is how things like mind control or possession work for example.

Never underestimate the spirit world, they have access so much more than we can get our third dimensional brains around - the ones that want to cause us harm can do this effortlessly, it would be like placing a dot in the middle of piece of paper to them!

Take care
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Master

What Native Spirit said.

I got caught up in something similar to the OP but the timing was different. It all nearly destroyed me. I've come through, I've learnt a lot. I can relate to the dangling carrot sensation and so on.

I will never know (probably) what I was dealing with, whehter it was a low vibrational guide, a difficult and noxious entity, egoically driven forces or what.

I do a lot of channelling and that went silent for a while after the "explosion" and even now I struggle with the channel - is it ego, is it what? But that will return.

I look back and think - I am well, I am Happy, I am free from suffering.

But it's taken a while and it's all changed me and I continue to breathe through the experience and breathe in what will enhance and breathe out what debris still lies around.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Absolutetrip

I had similar issues with so called guides at times. Telling me all these great things I am going to do and be. Telling me things that come to pass that were lies. I thought they were my guides. Thought they were so called light beings there for me. Well if you believe in angels and believe some angels fell from grace than why does everyone think automatically these fallen ones all of a sudden became of a dark lower energy being? They are still angels and still made of light still really wise and powerful just not in gods grace.

Everything has an exact opposite light, dark, good, bad ect. A powerful entity can fool us all. They feed from it. The discourse and emotion is their food. They come set us up and let us fall so they can feast on the energy created from the emotional release it is pretty strong.

How do we know who is who, what is what? A guide does not tell you anything. They point a direction. That's it. They guide you toward information you must figure out. They do not tell you the future, they do not tell you what to do or what you are going to do. They do not lead they guide in a subtle manner. They demand nothing of you. I learned to use my empathy when dealing with spirit. The strongest of beings that come about not in my best interest cannot hide form my empathy cannot tell the empathic me a lie.

TEST TEST TEST. The more your vibration and light increases the bigger and nastier the beings that are attracted to you will be. More energetic food... It is up to us whether or not to engage them. Just because a spirit communicates with us does not mean we have to communicate back.
Like when Jesus returned from 40 days in the wilderness and satan engaged him to tempt him and he would not even acknowledge him rendering him powerless.

I came across this article recently and have been passing it around. We truly know who is who in our own hearts but our ego, our mind, always wanting for more than what is there. We all want to be important, needed and make a difference but what if this is for us individually? What if it is our journey and if we help others along the way that's wonderful but not 100% necessary for our growth. We can choose. It is our greatest gift. Our Free Will....

http://spiritualnetworks.com/blog/98...ls-and-demons/

Peace and light,