Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Master
Is there a world beyond consciousness?

I deeply suspect that there is a whole reality beyond consciousness. Including beyond Universal or Cosmic Consciousness. I'm not saying this lightly in order to have another dig at I AM.

For all my life I have been aware of the spiritual world. Within that realm all manner of things happen and exist. ALL manner. It is a huge and complex reality. A reality which cannot be explained by Cosmic Consciousness alone.

I have noticed numerous times that there are things which consciousness just cannot grasp. Which it is not aware of. Things like Art, meaning, femininity, God, intuition, inspiration, creativity, humour, Love etc. etc.

Consciousness when it is in its pure state lacks depth in some way. It can be very profound but it lacks substance.

It is THIS world beyond consciousness which the Abrahamic Religions speak of and which the Eastern Religions deny exists.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 27-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I deeply suspect that there is a whole reality beyond consciousness. Including beyond Universal or Cosmic Consciousness. I'm not saying this lightly in order to have another dig at I AM.

For all my life I have been aware of the spiritual world. Within that realm all manner of things happen and exist. ALL manner. It is a huge and complex reality. A reality which cannot be explained by Cosmic Consciousness alone.

I have noticed numerous times that there are things which consciousness just cannot grasp. Which it is not aware of. Things like Art, meaning, femininity, God, intuition, inspiration, creativity, humour, Love etc. etc.

Consciousness when it is in its pure state lacks depth in some way. It can be very profound but it lacks substance.

It is THIS world beyond consciousness which the Abrahamic Religions speak of and which the Eastern Religions deny exists.

If you only suspect then why do think the Eastern Religions deny it exists.?
Old 27-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

They say they do. They say Yahweh does not exist. Christ is only Cosmic Consciousness. The personality is composed of ego. Other people are delusions. etc.

Really; I have heard the Eastern followers state many times that Cosmic Consciousness is all that is.

Old 27-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

The spiritual world is difficult to prove. I might 'only suspect' it exists; but that is because I have very little follow up or back up from anyone else.

Old 27-08-2018, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
They say they do. They say Yahweh does not exist. Christ is only Cosmic Consciousness. The personality is composed of ego. Other people are delusions. etc.

Really; I have heard the Eastern followers state many times that Cosmic Consciousness is all that is.

People who don't understand Eastern beliefs always presume
Old 27-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Master

Quote:

there is something there... people strive to go up though, and be MORE in line with the paths of consciousness... and it almost takes a daredevil to go the other way in light of the fact there is little direct knowledge about what is there...

FWIW the eastern paths can take you into the world of the unconscious just as well as the abrahamic religions, or actually even better because they have a standard way of bringing initiates through it... the only dependency is to how open the initiate is to 'new' things. But something gets lost along the way... the abrahamic religions shine because they can teach you a path to life rather than just teaching you more ways to do the same things people are always doing anyway.
Old 28-08-2018, 07:52 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

They're might be something beyond your consciousness but not beyond universal consciousness. Science has already proven via quantum mechanics there is no such thing as empty space. Consciousness might be the most fundamental thing in the universe.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:10 PM
Master
consciousness exist within the underlying realms of the physical verses
Old 29-08-2018, 02:13 AM
Experiencer

honza-perhaps if you could describe your understanding of consciousness-I looked up the definition:

"Definition of consciousness - the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings, a person's awareness or perception of something"

however, Im not certain if this describes what your asking-

The first thing I thought about was Heaven-and as I read your post further you mentioned the "spirit world"-yes I believe a spirit world exists-

There is a verse in the Bible that states,

"Ephesians 6:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
Old 29-08-2018, 08:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
There is a verse in the Bible that states,

"Ephesians 6:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

which is another in my long list of reasons for the correct path of the seeker to be downward, not upward.