Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 27-01-2018, 03:20 AM
Master
Can an online friend be a best friend ?

Do you have friends online , who you have never seen in real life, but they are important to you and you do feel a connection to them ?
Old 27-01-2018, 04:47 AM
Knower
Absolutely. I have a friend who has dreamed about me before we met, our friendship has been solely online, and they've been one of my best friends for almost 10 years now.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:18 AM
Lorelyen

Depends on the qualities you ask for in a friend/best friend. If mutual support features high, probably not. It's very easy to pretend agreement with someone on-line and particularly social media but they remove spontaneity from interactions which can be so important to some because it's people's immediate reactions that tell you so much about them.

However, I confess having not "made friends" on line for a decade and a half so things may have changed. I wouldn't have called friends I did meet as potential real friends. Just non-hostiles. You can't pop into the café, the pub, go shopping with them, visit them in their homes on a regular basis and stuff.
Old 27-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Depends on the qualities you ask for in a friend/best friend. If mutual support features high, probably not. It's very easy to pretend agreement with someone on-line and particularly social media but they remove spontaneity from interactions which can be so important to some because it's people's immediate reactions that tell you so much about them.

However, I confess having not "made friends" on line for a decade and a half so things may have changed. I wouldn't have called friends I did meet as potential real friends. Just non-hostiles. You can't pop into the café, the pub, go shopping with them, visit them in their homes on a regular basis and stuff.

I've met one of the most important people in my life online and we've been authentic with eachother from the very first day... Going on year five now and our friendship is stronger than ever. We've also met in person and spent quality time together, which only reinforced our bond.
Another person I've dreamt about a number of years ago, prior to meeting online, is also an extremely important part of my life...

In both my cases, the love is as real as it gets.
Old 27-01-2018, 12:26 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith33
I've met one of the most important people in my life online and we've been authentic with eachother from the very first day... Going on year five now and our friendship is stronger than ever. We've also met in person and spent quality time together, which only reinforced our bond.
Another person I've dreamt about a number of years ago, prior to meeting online, is also an extremely important part of my life...

In both my cases, the love is as real as it gets.

That's nice. These things can (of course) turn out well but I believe it hinges on actually meeting and spending time with the person.

I tend to draw a distinction between a love relationship and a best friend (on or off line). They can occur in the same person, yes, but often they're different. I suppose my soul mate is a best friend - same gender, obvious emotional ties through the affinity, mutual confidantes, nothing physical about it. We can trust absolutely (at least, that's how it's been so far and hopefully will continue).
Old 27-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have some that I have never met but we have been there in support of the other in very difficult times in our lives. That bond is the same as meeting them and having them near to us.

Some I have done readings for to connect to passed loved one's and in helping with that energy they have been able to move forwards and even at times meet and marry someone to share their continued life with.

Others that I have never met I have been able to get free from abusive relationships and be able to move into a space where they are safe from harm and build a life.

The best on line meeting is the man I met here on SF and well married. Him I brought into the physical life space.

Lynn
Old 27-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Master
Angelic Star,

I've found many friends, online, on-paper, and on-life....and some even in this awesome forum.

...and more here: https://www.positivityblog.com/friendship-quotes/

Your friend is your needs answered. He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.
Khalil Gibran

....and if one finds such qualities in a friend, one marries her, as I did. Now, we've sown and reaped one another for over 32 years! (smile)
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 27-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Master
yes thy can ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 28-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Master
Well I have awesome connections both online and offline. As a sensitive, ultimately it's about energy, and that you can tell during your conversations with others.
It's not like I get along with everyone online, but some are just cut out to be better friends for me than the rest. And since friendship isn't without communication, it can start online where there is no other way than communicate, share feelings first itself.
A friend to me is someone who might be very different to me in so many ways, but can still be most compatible to me.

People get catfished though and that's scary....
Old 03-02-2018, 06:15 AM
Guide
Yes! We wrote the sweetest letters till it slowly withered away over time