Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Seeker

What is considered "Angel Worship?"

This wasn't something I'd ever considered until I was conversing with a friend and telling him about how I'd prayed and was healed of an issue I'd been having. I haven't suffered from that issue to this day.

I'd prayed directly to Raphael.

I'm not terribly religious, but he was, and he instantly replied with, "That sounds like angel worship."

From his tone, I was left believing angel worship is a bad thing in the eyes of God/Christianity, as he understands it.

Last night, my boyfriend was sorting through piles of papers, deciding which to keep and which to throw out, and randomly in there was a collection of psalms, which I asked for, so I had something to occupy my time. Second page was Psalm 91 and:

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Which got me to pose the question to him. He is also more spiritual than religious, but suggested that praying directly to the angels can't be any more blasphemous than praying to the saints or the Virgin Mary.

So, I'm posing the question here: What is Angel Worship and is it bad? Is it okay to pray directly to the angels?
Old 15-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Whenever i address the angels, i always use God and/or Holy Spirit in front of them. (like Dear God and Archangel Michael and Archangel Raphael ....)

When you talk to other Angels, then always consider the presence of Archangel Michael first.

You do not pray to the Angels, as your payers shall be directed always to God, the Holy One, the Loving One. He is the one who can answer your prayers, because only he is the Cause(r) of everything - even of you.
You can use Angels to help you in your prayers, and you do not want to confuse them with God.
Because you shall not have any other God's, neither make one. (this statement indicates that you can make 'other' God)

Trustworthy Angels will direct your prayers to God anyway (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael etc), but you need to ask them once to do so (in case you forget to put God in front).

You can ask God to send you only trustworthy Angels, and then they will be in charge of your ways, because God will be in Charge.

I see the Angels as my Helpers on contacting God in times when i'm unable to do it directly, because my state would not allow direct communication with him. (anger, fear, sadness,confusion etc)

May God bless you.
Old 15-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Master

God alone is to be worshiped. Angels worship God and reject any worship that is directed to them.

I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”
Revelation 22:8,9 ESV

Your boyfriend was right when he said praying to angels was no more blasphemous that praying to saints or to the Virgin Mary. It is equally wrong to pray to them.
Old 16-09-2018, 02:49 AM
Seeker

Awesome! Thank you both for your advice and responses, and that verse.
Old 16-09-2018, 03:01 AM
Suspended
Seeker

In past, when I had faith in God, that He is the Creator of Life, I used this prayer. Pretty nice still. It was the time when God's satanic spirits made attacks on me. Occasionally, powerful angelic spirit (I'm pretty sure Michael) came to protect me, but not every time. It's pretty sad what happened to archangel Raphael, he/she (I'm not sure is Raphael masculine or feminine) kind of fell in desperate, lost faith in life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhC00LMbWbQ

e: There's no angels anymore, not even those who protect and heal little children. They've all been kind of separated to different "dimension", to perceive different view of world what we are perceiving. I always liked angels, especially the younger ones. But they're not necessary in real life, and their judgement will be merciful, so don't worry.