Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 06-10-2011, 09:01 AM
gem_layla16

After my Reiki Level 1

I dont want to sound like a moan, but since my level 1 attunement i am struggling to feel the energy, when i give my self treatments i dont feel alot but sometimes during the day my hands will heat up when thinking about reiki, or talking about it but then when i come to treat myself nothing, i feel like crying a bit because i really want to be good at it, i have been meditating and practicing a lot, i am just finding it hard to connect, i feel a bit of a failure.

I am trying to stay positive because i know the precepts tell me to not worry etc.

Also during the attunement i did not feel anything, my teacher said that is fine, i think i just expected to feel something as when i have had treatments they have been so strong.

Love and Light xxx
Old 06-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_layla16
I dont want to sound like a moan, but since my level 1 attunement i am struggling to feel the energy, when i give my self treatments i dont feel alot but sometimes during the day my hands will heat up when thinking about reiki, or talking about it but then when i come to treat myself nothing, i feel like crying a bit because i really want to be good at it, i have been meditating and practicing a lot, i am just finding it hard to connect, i feel a bit of a failure.

I am trying to stay positive because i know the precepts tell me to not worry etc.

Also during the attunement i did not feel anything, my teacher said that is fine, i think i just expected to feel something as when i have had treatments they have been so strong.

Love and Light xxx

Expectation can create such feelings of doubt, feeling of failure etc. But you should not worry. I often feel nothing. felt nothing during my attunment, feel sometimes during a treatment or sometimes when I am receiving. Keep practicing and try and let go of your fears. The fear may keep you in the moment of how you are feeling now.

Everyone is individual and so reiki will different both receiving and giving. Enjoy
Old 07-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Try not to force things. Take your time and let the healing do its thing. You should find the more relaxed and calm you are the better the healing. The more you practice the more you recognise the feel of the energy.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Administrator
Hello

In trying to force something one is putting up a wall to things just being free to flow.

There is no success and no failure if what one is doing comes from that place in the heart where only the purest of good ls let to enter and exit.

Energies take time and patients and Reiki takes using it and trusting in what one is giving out is working. Try to practice some on a plant or pet. Take it slow and trust in yourself.

Lynn
Old 07-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Enya

You are not alone! Many, many people don't feel much of anything when self-treating. This doesn't mean it's not working, it just means a) you're putting too much expectation on the process, b) your own personal barriers may be preventing a deep healing, c) since you're part of the direct flow, you can't feel it as well as when detached and 'outside' the experience.

The best thing with Reiki is to avoid getting too invested in sensations or outcome and just let it flow, without expectation or 'reward'. Trust the healing process.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:48 AM
Experiencer
Don't be sad. It just takes some seasoning. Even with seasoning sometimes u feel different sensations or nothing at all. Lately I haven't felt much during self treatments, however, last night I had an intense self treatment. As many have stated, it just varies. Self treat every day and u will know the benifit. <3
Old 18-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Master
The energy will go where it is needed. You are doing fine.

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 09-12-2011, 07:21 AM
lisahey

good feedback here :) my teachers tell us to align ourself and our client before and after a treatment. meaning align above and with the earth.

hold your hands in a prayer/namaste pose. point one hand up and one down while making a "swoosh" sound. then dwitch one hand down, one hand up, making the sound. then spread your hands with the sound and say or think "open to give and receive". sometimes i tell the person i am treating to say/think the same.

this technique opens both up more and quickly. sometimes when i am already treating and tell someone to have this thought, it instantly gets more intense. pretty cool!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Kristin050585

I have tried self healing but found it wasn't feeling much which is normal for most people. I used reiki on my boyfriend when he was having problems with anxiety and my hands got almost burning hot. Both of us felt it. So obviously you were attuned but I find that self treatments don't always work. Its nothing to worry about though.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 PM
shifty123

Sometimes even when I send a distant reiki healing I really don't feel much. However that doesn't mean that something isn't going on. Specially when dealing with distance healings. You're really letting what happens just happen.

Sometimes we expect things to turn out in a specific way. In reality they end up turning out or heading in a complete opposite direction.

Keep practicing. I've done well by reiki.