Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 18-02-2018, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I'm happy with my sign. I just believe Virgos often are poorly represented. There needs to be a better analysis getting rid of the old archetype of "Virgo The VIRGIN ". Is the symbol of the Virgin unhelpful in depciting this sign ? there is this book I want to purchase "Born to Be Together" by Terry Lamb in which the author describes this sign as Virgo the Harvester.
I never associated Virgo with virgin. I've also come across the description of harvester. I like it.
Most Virgos I know aren't pleasant or easy people (mental or personality disorders, emotionally unstable, or tyrannic dictators). These Virgos all have some form of victim mentality. At the same time, some of them are very loving and caring, in spite of their other side or issues.

My daughter in-law, however, is a wonderfully different Virgo. Very sweet, committed, dedicated, fun, very loving and caring, outgoing although she used to be very shy and insecure. She's a September Virgo. I wonder if there's a difference with August Virgos?
Old 20-02-2018, 04:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Yep

I get along ready well with Aquarian's... never met one who I don't like
They always get me... and my sense of humour which must confront some people who don't like to he confronted haha.

Aquarian's seem to see the bigger picture and understand exactly where I am coming from...

I'm a virgo and I am happy. my sign works perfectly to show me how to ground my other charts aspects. It is a perfect fit for what my soul is desiring to learn and in this life.
I like other virgos who I've met as well... they are usually funny, intellegent, grounded, and thoughtful to other's.
Empathetic as well but in a different way to the empathy of other signs...
I 'sense' the inner workings of others but I do not get caught up with taking in their emotions. It helps when relating to other's... it almost has a transmutable quality to it... I'm not scared of people's shadow side... I sense what's going on but I can let it all wash over me without judgment or the burden of taking it into my energy systems.
I can feel and sense whats going on but I find it easy to let the emotions pass through me... it's hard to explain.
Ps.
If we cannot love ourselves exactly as we are than what hope do we have?!

Virgos get a bad wrap - it is a wonderfully balancing sign to my water ascendant and water rising signs ... it teaches me how to ground, to build structure yet remain flexible and gives me a stable foundation for the influence of those water signs to emerge and express safely in this life through me.
Old 20-02-2018, 06:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Geezzz fairy... haha you've had some negative experiences there.

I used to only see the negative traits of specific people in specific signs. Geminis and Scorpios to be precise
Which was actually very telling as I have my own gemini and Scorpio influences in my chart and I was learning how to embrace both the positive and negative aspects of those signs within myself
My shadow side and also my souls potential in this life.

The thing I like about astrology is the more we begin to understand and embrace both the positive and negative traits of ourr charts - the more which we can learn both why we are here and how our soul wishes to learn to express itself in this life.

I was very critical of my gem and scorp aspects but... the more I embrace them the more I see how perfectly fit they are for me to achieve my souls potential expression in this lifetime.
And whilst embracing all of that it allows me to really put my sun sign to work... and let those positive traits emerge and really assist me on my life's path.

So all this makes me wonder just what may be getting reflected back to you... seeing all this negative stuff in virgos... perhaps there is a deeper message here for YOU.

Remember sun sign is typically what our soul wishes to learn in this life, express and what energy it wishes to refine... so of course as we settle in to our signs having to learn the lessons which go along with them the 'negative' aspects will express... the trick is to learn how to utilise the energy of the sun sign to help the soul to refine it's expression...
So for me that translates to learning how to balance my expressive Scorpio rising with my emotional moon side in gemini... learning how to effectively communicate (gemini strong suit) my passions and emotions (Scorpio ascendant) and ground it all under virgo... give it a safe and stable foundation for my most authentic expression to emerge and play.
Old 20-02-2018, 06:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Ps...
This coming from a self critical... emotionally unstable tyrannical virgo dictator Hahahahahaha

Just love yourself whatever your god darned sign...
As bizarre as you may think your chart may look... it is perfectly suited for your souls needs.

With love from the Virgo Dictator... overlords hehehe we've come to overthrow your world by demanding all the pillowcases and linen be organised by size, colour and threadcount hahaha.
Old 20-02-2018, 07:50 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
I remember talking to Sagittarius who said about her Virgo sister , and she said that ' She is always right '. That's because they can be very acute in their observation and it is very natural for them, almost like gut/ instinctual rather.
I get that a lot, although people are not always ready to admit it lol. I can tell that it often annoys some of them, but it's just the way Virgos process information. We notice so many details and nuances, and dissect everything logically before reaching the conclusion. Also, if I'm not 100% sure of something I just don't vocaize my opinion (unless I'm really pressured to answer), which makes me statistically more prone to being right when I do say something
Old 20-02-2018, 08:21 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
So for me that translates to learning how to balance my expressive Scorpio rising with my emotional moon side in gemini... learning how to effectively communicate (gemini strong suit) my passions and emotions (Scorpio ascendant) and ground it all under virgo... give it a safe and stable foundation for my most authentic expression to emerge and play.
Hey, emerald! Scorpio rising here too, Aries Moon though. I thank God for Virgo Sun plus a couple of other planets, otherwise I'd be all over the place!
Old 20-02-2018, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by excusemydust
For us Virgos, this is all that needs to be said.

Quote:
Virgos get a bad wrap - it is a wonderfully balancing sign to my water ascendant and water rising signs ... it teaches me how to ground, to build structure yet remain flexible and gives me a stable foundation for the influence of those water signs to emerge and express safely in this life through me.
With love from the Virgo Dictator... overlords hehehe we've come to overthrow your world by demanding all the pillowcases and linen be organised by size, colour and threadcount hahaha.
haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat
Also, if I'm not 100% sure of something I just don't vocaize my opinion (unless I'm really pressured to answer), which makes me statistically more prone to being right when I do say something
Old 20-02-2018, 08:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Cool

Quote:
Hey, emerald! Scorpio rising here too, Aries Moon though. I thank God for Virgo Sun plus a couple of other planets, otherwise I'd be all over the place!

Haha... thank goodness for virgo sun... come to save the day (while in a perfect and practically tailored and ironed cape... cut off at the waist and fitted around the waist so it doesn't cause an accident whilst flying).

I'm really grateful and amazed how smart our souls are... Scorpio rising??? Get some flexible and grounded virgo in ya! Match made in heaven (or hell if your learning how to get on your feet).

I'm not sure fixed taurus would work so well in my sign as it is not as flexible as Virgo which I really need the flexibility with Scorpio ascendant and Scorpio in Pluto plus Sagittarius and Leo in alot of other houses... seeking to be seen!
Praise the grounded virgo goddess ! She is like the sensible and grounded mother... to my crazy, passionate and impulsive inner child chart haha.

My partner is taurus sun, cancer moon and Leo ascendant... which seems to fit almost too well... our charts are sexy together haha.

Chill out virgo haters... there is more to us than meets the eye hehe
Old 20-02-2018, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Geezzz fairy... haha you've had some negative experiences there.

I used to only see the negative traits of specific people in specific signs. Geminis and Scorpios to be precise
Which was actually very telling as I have my own gemini and Scorpio influences in my chart and I was learning how to embrace both the positive and negative aspects of those signs within myself
My shadow side and also my souls potential in this life.

The thing I like about astrology is the more we begin to understand and embrace both the positive and negative traits of ourr charts - the more which we can learn both why we are here and how our soul wishes to learn to express itself in this life.

I was very critical of my gem and scorp aspects but... the more I embrace them the more I see how perfectly fit they are for me to achieve my souls potential expression in this lifetime.
And whilst embracing all of that it allows me to really put my sun sign to work... and let those positive traits emerge and really assist me on my life's path.

So all this makes me wonder just what may be getting reflected back to you... seeing all this negative stuff in virgos... perhaps there is a deeper message here for YOU.

Remember sun sign is typically what our soul wishes to learn in this life, express and what energy it wishes to refine... so of course as we settle in to our signs having to learn the lessons which go along with them the 'negative' aspects will express... the trick is to learn how to utilise the energy of the sun sign to help the soul to refine it's expression...
I'm not anti Virgo, I had a reasonable amount of Virgos in my life and at some point I noticed a similar trait among them. I wondered about them as they're supposed to be a very good match for Taurus.
I once read that each sign has to learn things from their sign, the good the bad and the ugly. Each sign holds a lesson which is why you chose that sign.
So I believe there's people who've learnt (most of) those lessons and people who haven't. I suppose the first represents the more positive traits of the sign, the latter the more negative ones.
I think I mostly met Virgos who were part of that last group. Except for my daughter in-law.
Why should they have a bad rap? I think Scorpios hold that 'rank' as they always get a lot of flak. They seem to be everyone's nemesis. But if that's the case, I believe even that is divinely orchestrated. Not that they are bad people, but since they seem to rattle most people's cages one way or another I think they're meant to be teachers for the rest of us.
In the thread on Leos they too get a bad rap. The way I see it, Leos are good example of having learnt the sign's lessons or not, because Leos are such prominent strong characters. They stand out, good or bad. Because of their natural power and charisma the less empowered ones can be real a-holes whereas the empowered ones are the most radiant, loving people -and very loyal partners.

As for the rest, I'm thoroughly enjoying my daughter in-law and how well she matches my Capricorn son. She resonates with me really well, I really love the girl to bits and it's wonderful to discover a different type of Virgo, hihi. And lord knows how many other nice Virgos I've met in life. After all, you don't always know ppl's sign.

As for what I have to learn from them... I think the ones I knew triggered me on the aspect of not working on your own issues, not taking responsibility for them (victim mentality). I don't like that. And maybe also to accept it when people choose to not do that and simply move on to others if that is better for me.
Moving away from situations and people that don't resonate (basically letting go) is a big thing for me. I think that's what I had to learn from these Virgos.
Thank you!

Old 20-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
I get that a lot, although people are not always ready to admit it lol. I can tell that it often annoys some of them, but it's just the way Virgos process information. We notice so many details and nuances, and dissect everything logically before reaching the conclusion. Also, if I'm not 100% sure of something I just don't vocaize my opinion (unless I'm really pressured to answer), which makes me statistically more prone to being right when I do say something

Yeah , Virgo can be self effacing. I have virgo ascendant, I don't know if this makes me have some virgo traits because I can be critical too, and mostly about my own self though.
I am glad because as a sensitive this makes me very grounded or I don't feel my feet would be on ground at all.
I feel like earth signs are more naturally grounded than other signs.
In any case I don't mind the virgo criticizing if ever they do that is, I don't seem to notice that much. I think it can be quite over rated that way.
If you think of the vindictive signs and bitter signs lol haha, I don't think I have problem with Virgo.