Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 21-06-2016, 10:01 AM
Master
Life after death...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68

Would love a clear communication from my mum, like you read in books but so far nothing concrete. I know there's the usual time is different over there arguments but still, its frustrating!

I'm not one who subscribes to silly things like white feathers or robins appearing etc

Anyway you science thread guys, what do you all think???

Not sure if I could be considered a science thread guy, so I hope no one minds me adding a few thoughts here…

I’m of the opinion that life after death is more likely: than not… As for the attributes or abilities we are provided with (i.e. - communication with spirit(s) for example) in each of these new eras - that - I would imagine - changes to a different range of talents in some cases, although the list is more than likely to contain a number of previous privileges, that have not been fully accomplished and/or put into practice during a particular, former life cycle: for one reason or another…

On the other hand (in line with my extraneous thoughts that we only get answers, when we can accept and live the eventual outcomes) I can only assume that such is the reason we cannot always accomplish some things: that our hearts’ desire…

I also have other speculative thoughts and ideas regarding reincarnation and it’s step by step continuation and outcomes… I’ve touched on this in another topic…

Just a few thoughts to ponder on…

Robbie….

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 22-06-2016, 03:32 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Im really interested to see the views on this one; its a topic that first brought me to the site in the first place

There are some great posters on this particular forum but I rarely see them on the Death & Afterlife one. I would love to hear their views on this topic especially the science aspect of it (if there is any )

Me, I guess im 60/40 in favour but been feeling very sceptical of late.

Would love a clear communication from my mum, like you read in books but so far nothing concrete. I know theres the usual time is different over there arguments but still, its frustrating!

Im not one who subscribes to silly things like white feathers or robins appearing etc

Anyway you science thread guys, what do you all think???

Perhaps we're not looking at this conundrum from the correct vantage point?

The question is asked from the vantage point of being the body, which I understand is basically empty space.

The ancients (spiritual masters) tell us that there is no birth and no death, that in truth nothing is ever born and nothing ever dies. Now, if this is true then the question itself (what happens after we die) is false to begin with and cannot be answered. Basically, the question is asked by the One Mind to itself, which cannot know anything other than itself because it is all there is, so it couldn't know that it doesn't ever die. How could it? So the question is asked in complete innocence by the One mind, and who is it asking, itself, and who is answering it, itself, as there is nothing else but the One Mind.

This may explain why there are "ghosts" of the "dead" on the "other side" which there really are no ghosts, no death and no other side but rather as vibration increases/decreases so does perception of Mind, thus 3rd, 4th, 5th dimension reality which is really Mind in altered states of its own consciousness.

Thus we are not bodies with a mind of our own, but rather the One Mind experiencing reality through the bodies. When the body ceases the signal does not.

This side is Mind, that side is Mind, ghosts are vibrational frequencies arising within the One Mind so how could it not hear/see what is actually itself projecting alternate realities within itself?

I know this is far fetched.
Old 22-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Within Silence
Perhaps we're not looking at this conundrum from the correct vantage point?

The question is asked from the vantage point of being the body, which I understand is basically empty space.

The ancients (spiritual masters) tell us that there is no birth and no death, that in truth nothing is ever born and nothing ever dies. Now, if this is true then the question itself (what happens after we die) is false to begin with and cannot be answered. Basically, the question is asked by the One Mind to itself, which cannot know anything other than itself because it is all there is, so it couldn't know that it doesn't ever die. How could it? So the question is asked in complete innocence by the One mind, and who is it asking, itself, and who is answering it, itself, as there is nothing else but the One Mind.

This may explain why there are "ghosts" of the "dead" on the "other side" which there really are no ghosts, no death and no other side but rather as vibration increases/decreases so does perception of Mind, thus 3rd, 4th, 5th dimension reality which is really Mind in altered states of its own consciousness.

Thus we are not bodies with a mind of our own, but rather the One Mind experiencing reality through the bodies. When the body ceases the signal does not.

This side is Mind, that side is Mind, ghosts are vibrational frequencies arising within the One Mind so how could it not hear/see what is actually itself projecting alternate realities within itself?

I know this is far fetched.

Very interesting. Sound a lot more believable than that we have this duplicate ethereal body residing within ourselves :-)

The only thing is these scenarios, where there is only the One Mind then after we leave our bodies, does that mean that we lose our individuality?? To lose that would might as well be extinction.

Fortunateley, mediums, hypnosis & NDE/OBE accounts (IF truthful!)all stipulate a personal survival, it does concern me though - I don't want to end up like The Borg!!!
Old 22-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Very interesting. Sound a lot more believable than that we have this duplicate ethereal body residing within ourselves :-)

The only thing is these scenarios, where there is only the One Mind then after we leave our bodies, does that mean that we lose our individuality?? To lose that would might as well be extinction.

Fortunateley, mediums, hypnosis & NDE/OBE accounts (IF truthful!)all stipulate a personal survival, it does concern me though - I don't want to end up like The Borg!!!

The One Mind is infinite expressions, or what we call personalities/individualities.

Just as we all have varying thoughts and personalities/individualities which all arise within the mind. In fact it is these preprogrammed thoughts/beliefs/perceptions/imagination etc. which sets all of us apart is it not? Yet, if you could look in me, thoughts would arise in the same method from the same "unknown" place that they do in you, which is what I refer to as the One Mind.

So, the "personal" survival is the One Mind receding from one form/body, i.e. one "persona" which in fact means "mask" and transmigrate into another. This is expressed in the statement: "What the caterpillar sees as the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly"

What is voice but sound, what is sound but vibration, thus speaking is but air passing past vocal cords causing vibration which is manifested as sound. This works the same for every human being, just in varying frequencies/pitches/vibrations. What I'm pointing at are the similarities of humans, and that everything we say (sound) and do (movement) comes after something prior to them. What is that something prior? the One Mind...IMO. You could call it whatever you like.

What we refer to as I is but the One Mind not knowing who/what it actually is. Of course this is MHO, as how could I actually know for sure?

This (below) may help shed some light on what the word "Personality" actually is referring to.
Etymology of the words "persona" and "person"

ED offers the general 19c. explanation of persona as "related to" Latin personare "to sound through" (i.e. the mask as something spoken through and perhaps amplifying the voice), "but the long o makes a difficulty ...." Klein and Barnhart say it is possibly borrowed from Etruscan phersu "mask." Klein goes on to say this is ultimately of Greek origin and compares Persephone.

person (n.) Look up person at Dictionary.comearly 13c., from Old French persone "human being, anyone, person" (12c., Modern French personne) and directly from Latin persona "human being, person, personage; a part in a drama, assumed character," originally "mask, false face," such as those of wood or clay worn by the actors in later Roman theater. OED offers the general 19c. explanation of persona as "related to" Latin personare "to sound through" (i.e. the mask as something spoken through and perhaps amplifying the voice), "but the long o makes a difficulty ...." Klein and Barnhart say it is possibly borrowed from Etruscan phersu "mask." Klein goes on to say this is ultimately of Greek origin and compares Persephone.

Thus we see the persona-lity is but the mask of something prior to it, something hiding behind it, that which speaks through the "persona."
Old 22-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Ascender

Just a heads up, there is a full upload on Youtube with English subtitles of The Astral City Nosso Lar. Its a full length feature film depicting the afterlife as based on a well known medium/channeler. Cost a lot of money, I believe

It may not be there for very long, ive downloaded it myself so I wouldn't drag your heels if you want to catch it

Heres a link
https://youtu.be/3LNpwWrHHuk

And a free & safe tool to download it off Youtube
http://www.clipconverter.cc/
Old 22-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Master

There is an aspect of being alive which doesn't often get discussed - if ever.

This is the way we all manage to accept life as being something we take for granted almost as if we know what it's all about and don't have to ask.

A baby comes into the world, bubbles and sqeaks, evolves, learns, grows, peforms quite amazing things, invents, produces, multiplies and then slowly dies. We take all this for granted. No-one (or very few) stands up and says 'Isn't this something tremendous, this l i v i n g , this being a l i v e in a world in which 'I' experience consciousness'. We can ask ourselves how this can happen and yet we continue to massacre thousands of people every year. Could it be that inside ourselves we know that we always get 'another chance at life', that we are imbued with this knowledge? That we have insight and know that it's all part of evolution. Not only physical evolution but spiritual (for want of a better word) too?

Basically it must be so, just as the earth turns, knowing it'll be going into darkness and then into light but not changing in any way except for being worn away by wind and storm. Our winds and storms are the daily fears, dangers, joys and pleasures which we accept in most cases without moaning. Just as mountains are shaped by the conditions to which they find themselves exposed, so are we.

If the universe oscillates, vibrates and turns then we do too.
Old 22-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Pathfinder

In terms of science, 'life' would likely have to be defined within biology. And within the realm of biology once something dies it just dies because the biology of the organism itself is dead. There is no life after that other than what might feed off of the body and live on with a piece of the original.

So looking at it a little more philosophically, one can see that within Physics an 'individual organism' is not entirely and completely individual from its environment, which includes other organisms. But 'life' in this case becomes a fuzzy definition where individuals and things blend together and what is 'alive' is not entirely separable from anything else.
Taking this further one can therefore determine that if one thing dies but not another thing then the first thing is not entirely dead because some of those fuzzy lines still remain. But suffice to say that the organism is 'dead' as it is known to us. The individual entity is no longer the individual organism that we once knew it to be. It is changed.
The further and further we push this abstraction the closer we get to arriving at the understanding that physics itself is about change in all things, in the entire universe. And knowing that biology has to necessarily follow physics without exception, we understand that biology itself therefore becomes somewhat fuzzy.
And further still, at the quantum level we learn that even reality itself is fuzzy. That what we know as discrete objects are actually composed of non discrete objects. Constantly changing and universally linked non discrete objects.

Inevitably we arrive at one Truth, that all things are part of a singular whole which is the universe. And that nothing within this universe can exist without every other element in that universe. That it is all, in fact, one universal entity without many different elements inside of itself that are constantly changing.

One could even throw in an understanding of time into the mix to get an even stranger understanding of this universe. Time itself didn't always even exist! Therefore one must conclude that all things are perpetually One and whole without time. And that time itself is but one of the many elements within this Whole.

All in all, what does this mean for life and death?
I can't say, but it makes for a good discussion, doesn't it?
Old 30-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Ascender

Only when we understand LIFE might we have a chance at understanding DEATH

And I don't think that will happen anytime soon
Old 30-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Only when we understand LIFE might we have a chance at understanding DEATH
And I don't think that will happen anytime soon
You may find out more within moments of passing -on from this focused containment called physical engagement. Whether we figure things out while physically focused or not makes little difference to the manor in which the nature of reality conducts itself. So "understanding", in this sense, is a means of us entertaining ourselves over something that has little bearing of it's actual unfoldment. Lucky for us, nature is not awaiting what we mentally come up with. :)
Old 30-07-2016, 08:45 PM
Ascender

You seem quite grounded in things, Organic born

Do you think we really get this reunion back with loved ones, in a physical body (or at least the vestige of one)??