Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 16-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
you are wise, and gifted. i'm in agreement with most of your thoughts here,
with minor exceptions. where you've said "the reason behind getting
triggered in the first place is because the person is driven by their
perceptions of the world"... i believe that we can choose to NOT be 'driven
by perceptions'. if our motivations are our motivations, we get to choose
them, they are not provided for us by some computer programmer; we are
not robots.
"[God doesn't judge evil] because he knows it is only an illusion or misunderstanding
by the human mind that will be healed in time." with respect, i perceive you as
attempting to delay that healing process. for the healing to occur in time means
that it is accomplished within the framework of time... not at some point beyond time
(where such a healing is not needed). the moment of time which meets with eternity
is now; it's always now [not some later date].
In some ways our mind is like a computer program that has been written when we are young and unaware of our 'self'. We respond automatically based on decisions and learning that were formed at a very young age and the responses, despite our consciously wanting to chose a loving response may still be reactionary. If we are nurtured well as a baby we are more likely to be very trusting people as adults. If we weren't we will very likely be more cautious and defensive. The world is or isn't safe based on early experience. It is also why addicts find it so hard to stay sober. They want to but something is driving the need to self medicate. Some thought they are not clear on that hurts too much to face. Many abusive people are truly remorseful that they hurt their loved ones but in the heat of the moment their painful thoughts and feelings get the better of them. If we don't know what that thought or belief is, things like we are worthless, we are incompetent, we are bad, the world is out to get us so we need to strike first, people are the enemy, we need to win at life. All those beliefs point towards a defensive nature and one that can be challenged when someone triggers us to feel those things, that we are bad, to blame, wrong, incompetent, a loser. We then have to fight to make it not so and in the process we wind up off loading our painful beliefs onto others. That pain gets released on the ones we feel safe releasing to. As an example, if a person is raised by someone who is always blaming them for everything under the sun they may grow up resenting any implication that they are at fault. Just give a whiff of accusation that they did something wrong can send them into a tailspin. The comment may have been innocent and not even intended to blame but the person takes it as blame and flies off the handle. There is a trigger, whether it from the person being attacked or from another source that they then use as fuel to attack someone they see as a safe target later on. The point being, if people felt loved, appreciated and worthy in their beliefs they would have no need to hurt another.

Time is a human construct. The purpose of time is to give our experience context. There is a great quote by Franz Kafka that pretty much sums it up for me. The meaning of life is that it stops. Yes, the healing happens within this world of time because that is where 'evil' stays. If we don't accomplish it one life, we pick up where we left off the next. But for this life to have impact, for the negative behavior to be so intensely powerful as to be seen as 'evil' there needs to be something to lose because of it so time was created to give the illusion that things are life or death, there is an end point otherwise we would view everything in life from our soul perspective. Nothing is really the end of the world because we are eternal beings made from love. But that also means we lose the motivation to try and strive to work towards something better because there is nothing pressing that needs to happen right now. We created a world with time related consequences because there really aren't any in the after life. But our soul knows we have as many lives as we need to learn the true lesson of human life. I can't personally say what that is but I know time is a valuable component that gives this place gravity, no pun intended, and impact.
Old 16-02-2018, 11:17 PM
Gracey

Horace and Michelle, Loved reading your words.
Old 17-02-2018, 02:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
well I just can't help but throw in 2 cents lol!

Not sure why possession had to be thrown in though.
you've made an investment, and i'd like to see you gain from it.
consider the dream as relating a portion of the story about human evolution.
this 3D realm is like a testing ground, where souls evolve, and learn how to.
the truth of things is that all souls are pure and holy, due to their being
directly created of source energy.
the process of incarnation has involved 'crossing the veil', wherein
remembrance of our [direct] connection to Source has been forgotten.
this has been an experiment; for the purpose of learning.
many, many of us have felt compelled to search around for some missing
component to 'complete' ourselves. we've sensed an imbalance within,
and sought to correct it by acquiring some unnamed vital ingredient.
it was a trick.
wholeness exists within.
the 'evil entity' of the dream was an additional factor, blended into our
essence. it is/was a program which perpetuates the sense of separation
and keeps the soul in darkness, forgetting it is connected to all.
the 'evil entity' programming may promise some the powers imagined
as necessary to find completion, or it may provoke attacks on others
[actually our brothers... ourselves] who are believed to threaten well-being.
it's all a part of the experiment. choosing to identify oneself with that
programming keeps a soul in darkness, unevolved.
Old 17-02-2018, 04:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
In some ways our mind is like a computer program that has been written when we are young and unaware of our 'self'. We respond automatically based on decisions and learning that were formed at a very young age and the responses, despite our consciously wanting to chose a loving response may still be reactionary. If we are nurtured well as a baby we are more likely to be very trusting people as adults. If we weren't we will very likely be more cautious and defensive. The world is or isn't safe based on early experience. It is also why addicts find it so hard to stay sober. They want to but something is driving the need to self medicate. Some thought they are not clear on that hurts too much to face. Many abusive people are truly remorseful that they hurt their loved ones but in the heat of the moment their painful thoughts and feelings get the better of them. If we don't know what that thought or belief is, things like we are worthless, we are incompetent, we are bad, the world is out to get us so we need to strike first, people are the enemy, we need to win at life. All those beliefs point towards a defensive nature and one that can be challenged when someone triggers us to feel those things, that we are bad, to blame, wrong, incompetent, a loser. We then have to fight to make it not so and in the process we wind up off loading our painful beliefs onto others. That pain gets released on the ones we feel safe releasing to. As an example, if a person is raised by someone who is always blaming them for everything under the sun they may grow up resenting any implication that they are at fault. Just give a whiff of accusation that they did something wrong can send them into a tailspin. The comment may have been innocent and not even intended to blame but the person takes it as blame and flies off the handle. There is a trigger, whether it from the person being attacked or from another source that they then use as fuel to attack someone they see as a safe target later on. The point being, if people felt loved, appreciated and worthy in their beliefs they would have no need to hurt another.

Time is a human construct. The purpose of time is to give our experience context. There is a great quote by Franz Kafka that pretty much sums it up for me. The meaning of life is that it stops. Yes, the healing happens within this world of time because that is where 'evil' stays. If we don't accomplish it one life, we pick up where we left off the next. But for this life to have impact, for the negative behavior to be so intensely powerful as to be seen as 'evil' there needs to be something to lose because of it so time was created to give the illusion that things are life or death, there is an end point otherwise we would view everything in life from our soul perspective. Nothing is really the end of the world because we are eternal beings made from love. But that also means we lose the motivation to try and strive to work towards something better because there is nothing pressing that needs to happen right now. We created a world with time related consequences because there really aren't any in the after life. But our soul knows we have as many lives as we need to learn the true lesson of human life. I can't personally say what that is but I know time is a valuable component that gives this place gravity, no pun intended, and impact.
i need to reject your composition, in it's entirety.
it's not composed in such a manner that i might tweak it here or there to
make it palatable; it forms a whole that doesn't lend itself to picking and
choosing portions from it. the thesis of the first paragraph appears to be
advocating disempowerment. the power of choice is not seen as present...
it is dependent on something established in the past; choice is a program.

the second paragraph is dominated by the highlighted quote, which, quite
frankly, i find to be utterly insane. to be honest, i've yet to find a statement
of the meaning of life which feels good to me. the best i recall hearing was
from bashar, who'd said something like: "the meaning of life is that there
is no meaning"... which rings hollow to my ear. i think the problem is that
meanings are something provided to something else, to provide clarity to
that other thing. there is no other thing for life to provide clarity to...
life is all that there is. life is eternal. death is the illusion. maybe "the
meaning of life is to love" could be a motto to live by? although it may
appear to be setting life in service to love, i rather feel that the two
terms are practically interchangeable. life and love are synonyms,
practically (or perhaps "in practice").
Old 17-02-2018, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i need to reject your composition, in it's entirety.
it's not composed in such a manner that i might tweak it here or there to
make it palatable; it forms a whole that doesn't lend itself to picking and
choosing portions from it. the thesis of the first paragraph appears to be
advocating disempowerment. the power of choice is not seen as present...
it is dependent on something established in the past; choice is a program.

the second paragraph is dominated by the highlighted quote, which, quite
frankly, i find to be utterly insane. to be honest, i've yet to find a statement
of the meaning of life which feels good to me. the best i recall hearing was
from bashar, who'd said something like: "the meaning of life is that there
is no meaning"... which rings hollow to my ear. i think the problem is that
meanings are something provided to something else, to provide clarity to
that other thing. there is no other thing for life to provide clarity to...
life is all that there is. life is eternal. death is the illusion. maybe "the
meaning of life is to love" could be a motto to live by? although it may
appear to be setting life in service to love, i rather feel that the two
terms are practically interchangeable. life and love are synonyms,
practically (or perhaps "in practice").
Regardless of your ability to be open to the possibility that what I've said has some truth to it, they are my beliefs based on personal experience and I stand by them. I had a disempowering upbringing. It wasn't my parents intention but it happened because of how they were raised. As much as I would like to and have every right to chose to feel confident in my abilities I continue to respond time and time again from worry, self doubt and indecision. As much as I would like to choose to not struggle with depression I can't just choose to not have it. It's taken a lot of effort, work and self reflection to get to a point of shifting many of the lies I adopted as a child that I was operating on auto pilot to most of my life. It's easy to say I chose only positive responses but it's a whole other thing to do it in all ways, every time. possibly the main challenge this life is to wake up to our subconscious programming and chose a more positive way for ourselves but until we are woke enough, as the new saying goes, we operate based on habitual responses to early experiences often wondering why the heck we can't change.

The point of the quote is that the meaning and value of this life is because it is temporary, it stops. If we had all the time in the world we would be less likely to apply ourselves and there would be little consequence. The fact that life stops, we cease to be the human personality we are, is what gives this life and being who you are this life precious value and meaning. It may not be the ultimate purpose of life but it does give it meaning/value.
Old 17-02-2018, 03:39 PM
Master
"Regardless of your ability to be open to the possibility that what I've said has
some truth to it
" ~ Michelle11
perhaps you'd meant to say "inability"? if so, i prefer the typo.
i believe that there were many true things in your composition,
but on the whole they were used to bolster [self-] deception.
"they are my beliefs based on personal experience and I stand by them." ~ Michelle11
beliefs may be changed. you've based these on 'personal experience',
which is to say 'past observations'. if and when you make observations
that provide you with greater understanding, you are free to alter beliefs.
at first, i'd considered the "I stand by them" to be saying you feel yourself
as 'stable' while astride those ideas... but i'm just now sensing you as being
"defensive" about that belief structure you've created.
"I had a disempowering upbringing." ~ Michelle11
that (partial) idea is disempowering... it [mis-]places responsibility somewhere
else. there once was an ugly duckling, it was raised in a particular fashion.
eventually, it realized that despite it's upbringing as an ugly duckling, it was
in actuality a beautiful swan.
"...parents intention...I would like to...choose to not struggle...effort..." ~ Michelle11
rabbit hole.
i could examine each point with you if you like. do you sense that doing so
might be a benefit? overall, through all those challenges you've faced, that
is where you've learned your skills and honed your craft. your talents were
developed in response to those tests.
"It's easy to say I chose only positive responses" ~ Michelle11
i believe that Michelle11. it IS easy for me to say that you have chosen
only positive responses. that's what choice entails. in all ways, every time,
all choices are made with the intent of the best possible outcome.
"The point of the quote is that... this life... is temporary" ~ Michelle11
the 'life' of being a pawn to external forces is temporary. i can believe that.
the state of being, where disempowerment is the rule, is indeed a temporary condition.

Old 17-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
You know Horace, my need to defend my perceptions is my problem, your need to correct people of theirs is yours. I have no interest in getting into an argument or debate. We all have a right to our beliefs and perceptions and at times they will not match up. And so with that I will say I am at a place of agreeing to disagree with you. Take care.
Old 17-02-2018, 07:47 PM
Master
i do not sense you as needing to defend your perceptions.
i don't see the problem.
i do not sense a need to correct anyone about anything.
such is not a purpose i have sought to fulfill.
i have no interest in getting into an argument or debate.
i fail to understand why people project "argumentative" on me.
[i am uncomfortable with the label. yet, i will fight to protect
the truth, as i see things, and will accept the designation if
it serves to engender a 'greater peace' somehow.]
i share my perspectives with loving intentions.
i had thought we were engaged in a loving discourse.
Old 18-02-2018, 02:37 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
Horace and Michelle, Loved reading your words.

well, i take back my words now.
Old 18-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
well, i take back my words now.
lol.

i love you Gracey.
i'd thought it particularly gracious of you to open this space and allow the
conversation to unfold. thank you.