Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 24-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Master
Relaxation Is Key

RELAXATION IS KEY

There are a variety of approaches for consciously leaving the body for astral projection, and all of them depend on being able to relax deeply without losing awareness. We want to be in "Body Asleep - Mind Alert"

Here are some methods that you may practice and develop for relaxing... and relaxing more... and more yet.......

RELAXATION TRAINING

* Sit or lie in a comfortable position and close your eyes.

* Bring your attention down from your head into your lower belly, below the navel, and be aware of your breathing there.
Put one hand on your lower belly and feel the slight natural movement... out with inhale and in with exhale.

* Breathe in gently and deeply through your nose and breathe out through your slightly open lips... like a gentle sigh.
(This Releasing Breath can be used any other time also as needed.)

* Breathe in and breathe out like this for several minutes. (Notice how your mind begins to slow down.)

* Whatever you think or feel, just breathe in your belly… observe it all neutrally while you accept and let go as your begin to relax down within yourself. (Now you are in the inward alpha state.)

* As you are breathing, imagine yourself sinking down into a peaceful mountain of cloud pillows... down and down… lighter and lighter.

* Then say and visualize the affirmations you have prepared beforehand, or use your favorite meditation technique, or lift out of your body and journey somewhere… or sleep restfully.

PROGRESSIVE RELAXATION

Take your time with this for best results.

* Get in a comfortable position and close your eyes.

* Bring your attention down into your belly and breathe there for a few minutes.

* Whatever goes on in your thoughts and feelings... just accept and breathe and let go. Notice how your mind slows down.

* Continuing to breathe in your belly, and beginning with your feet, visualize warm liquid light flowing through them and releasing any tension.

* Then do the same, slowly progressing up through your ankles, calves, knees, thighs, butt and hips.

* Continue with warm liquid light flowing through your stomach and back muscles.

* Continue through and up your spine, and through your chest, your shoulders and neck.

* Continue with warm liquid light flowing down your arms, elbows, wrists, hands and fingers.

* Then continue with warm liquid light flowing from your neck up over your head and scalp, around your ears and jaw, and over your face.

* Allow the light to flow down through the center of your spine to the bottom, then all around you and enclosing your completely.

Just keep breathing and letting go.

Or... begin at the top of your head and continue slowly down to your feet and toes.

Please feel free to post your own favorite method.

Xan

Old 24-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Master

You are right Xan, relaxation is the key. Thanks for that.
Old 24-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Master
Love this,
Thankyou so much
Spiritlite.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Or... begin at the top of your head and continue slowly down to your feet and toes.
Actually, Robert Monroe suggests from top to bottom. The reason why is that you shouldn't move onto the rest of your body until you've fully relaxed everything in your head first. All of the muscles, especially the eyes, around the ears, the scalp, the eyelids, the mouth... everything. Let that feeling of relaxation sink into your head and visualize your brain relaxing.

Allow your physical brain to just feel the relaxation sinking in deeper and deeper.

THEN bring that relaxation into each muscle in your body. It'll go much smoother for you that if you went from the feet up. :)

If anyone has listened to the TMI Gateway CD's, the first three Tracks... Robert Monroe guides this particular "progressive relaxation" technique onwards to Focus 10. It's very good. :)
Old 30-12-2010, 05:42 AM
TomD

This is brilliant help! Thanks Xan!

I am always looking for helpful tips like that.
Old 30-12-2010, 10:20 AM
LadyB.

Thanks so much Xan

Your intelligent, informative and kindly put threads/posts are so appreciated on these forums...

LB
X
Old 30-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Guide
Good post Xan. I really have trouble relaxing allot. Your progressive relaxation reminds me of a practice the Golden Dawn teaches.
Old 31-12-2010, 12:06 AM
dhaga

For years, I've used progressive relaxation to get myself to sleep when I am having trouble doing so otherwise. It is a good practice to get into, even if you are not taking steps into the Astral :)
Old 31-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Master
LadyB: Your intelligent, informative and kindly put threads/posts are so appreciated on these forums...

LB... I appreciate the appreciation.

_/\_
namaste

Xan

Old 31-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Master
I have to agree with LadyB. I always anticipate your posts/replies, Xan, because they're simply so wise... no doubt you've had lots of experience.

You're like a spiritual parent to me, haha.

I'm going to try this tonight. Do you suppose this will help keep my mind away from wanting to AP? Because I read that in order to AP, you should avoid thinking about wanting to do so. I can actually vouch for this; the one time I did AP (unconsciously), I was thinking about everything else BUT astral projection.

These days, though, I can't seem to just stuff the intent at the back of my mind.

~Ev