Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
In my way of thinking the body-mind will do what the body-mind will do. The choice we have is how we relate to the varied and different states. Jon Kabat-Zinn phrases it as "being in wise relation to experience".

By the way, I just noticed your sig is from Eclipse.

In my way of living, I can't separate what I am from the mind-body, so there is no choice in feeling as I do .. I think the main point here is why there is the urge to detach oneself from how they feel .

Like said, I get it in that if one becomes saturated in grief or is depressed to such a degree that there feels like no way out of it, but to detach from all emotions as something to strive for has never made sense to me because for most they can feel different from day to day anyway just like the weather changes day to day to various degrees ..

I would say there has to be a bee in the spiritual bonnet that reflects an understanding that detachment is more spiritual than diving in head over heals in love ..

I don't personally buy it that one experience is over and above another ..

One begs to question from the very off, why would one want to detach, I dare say that somewhere down the line there is something that one is trying to change or escape from, because if there was initially a free flowing life experience then the thought of detaching from life's emotions would never enter their minds .

Being in someway detached 'whatever that actually implies' doesn't make one more advanced or spiritual than the dude that is healing from a broken heart .. Some dudes never get over certain experiences had, it doesn't mean they are in some way negatively attached to the emotion, it's just some peeps take longer to process life and sufferings ..

In a way the more sensitive you are the more effected you are, and just because one is more effected, it doesn't mean they are more attached .

x dazzle x
Old 15-11-2019, 01:37 PM
JustASimpleGuy

My impression or interpretation is detachment isn't about not feeling emotions but not compulsively overreacting to emotions. It's about understanding them and being in wise relation and choosing positive action in response. I don't think we can not feel emotions aside from suppressing them which is an unhealthy way to be.

In my younger years I was oversensitive and in my middle years I tried to shut them down, neither approach working well for me.
Old 16-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
My impression or interpretation is detachment isn't about not feeling emotions but not compulsively overreacting to emotions. It's about understanding them and being in wise relation and choosing positive action in response. I don't think we can not feel emotions aside from suppressing them which is an unhealthy way to be.

In my younger years I was oversensitive and in my middle years I tried to shut them down, neither approach working well for me.

I agree that detachment is not about not feeling per se but anything that doesn’t happen naturally in this emotional way really goes against the grain in my book .. Trying to manage emotion in certain way’s only comes about because of sufferings had ..

This is why a peep who is saturated in love and joy doesn’t practice detachment form that emotion, in essence one can’t get enough of it ..

x daz x
Old 16-11-2019, 02:54 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like

This is why a peep who is saturated in love and joy doesn’t practice detachment form that emotion, in essence one can’t get enough of it ..

x daz x

So true.
Old 16-11-2019, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
It seems that meditation is somehow helping me to deatch from my own emotions, I am able, sometimes, to step aside from the flow of my emotions and be in a place of emptiness where there are no emotions, there's absolutely nothing there.. The thing is that I don't really like this, a life without emotions is like the food without taste or it's like the food without salt.I only want to deatch myself from the negative emotions that are not letting me to enjoy life, but to deatch from all... I do not want this.. How can I experience the human love if I detach myself from all emotions? Believe me, it's working, these recent days have been really strange, I can really step aside and feel nothing but this nothingness is pure emptiness, there's nothing there, absolutely nothing.I never truly experienced the human love, you know, the love between a husband and a wife, and now, with this detachment, I may never ever experience it.. This is a very pessimist view, I know, I know.
Why don't you use that point of 'emptiness'?From what i've read,it's the beginning of everything.Test it by calling angelics,or find a way to make use of it.
Old 16-11-2019, 09:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Why don't you use that point of 'emptiness'?From what i've read,it's the beginning of everything.Test it by calling angelics,or find a way to make use of it.

This is what I'm using, it does wonders, when I feel very depressed, I meditate for about 20-30 minutes and then I feel as if I woke up after a very pleasant sleep.I just did this some hours ago and now I am very productive and I can go on with my work, for me, this is a blessing from Heaven, this is why I've said that meditation is probably the best thing I discovered in my entire life.

I think I was afraid that I am going to lose my identity but this was just a childish fear, I am still me.

One more time I have to say that, people, if you are depressed or sad ( and not only ) just meditate, do this daily, you will feel much better.It can happen instantly or it may take some time for the mind to adjust, it took me several months to actually feel the benefits.

Old 18-11-2019, 09:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
This is what I'm using, it does wonders, when I feel very depressed, I meditate for about 20-30 minutes and then I feel as if I woke up after a very pleasant sleep.I just did this some hours ago and now I am very productive and I can go on with my work, for me, this is a blessing from Heaven, this is why I've said that meditation is probably the best thing I discovered in my entire life.

I think I was afraid that I am going to lose my identity but this was just a childish fear, I am still me.

One more time I have to say that, people, if you are depressed or sad ( and not only ) just meditate, do this daily, you will feel much better.It can happen instantly or it may take some time for the mind to adjust, it took me several months to actually feel the benefits.

I started meditating seven years ago because I was depressed, anxious repressed emotionally, detached from my body and suicidal...after a few years I realised that I actually had PTSD from childhood trauma.

My meditation kicked off a very painful dark night of the soul and partial kundalini awakening. I was ready for it as I was ready and determination to shift and transmute the trauma in this lifetime.

I just want to put a well-meaning disclaimer on this particular comment just in case someone is reading who may like to start a meditation practice for depression or anxiety or trauma that it can sometimes be a catalyst for deep pain and supressed trauma to rise to the surface to be felt and healed and so if that happens...
Remember to take a loving, kind and compassionate approach for oneself and put necessary supports in place if need be
Old 04-12-2019, 07:28 PM
Experiencer
This is very interesting. I'm new to meditations just over a year in, but I use it to get in touch with my true emotions. Meditations have reversed my emptiness.

It would seem that detachment comes with surrender, but there are emotions associated with surrender, right?

Thanks for giving me something to think about.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:03 PM
JustASimpleGuy

The real meaning of detachment is detachment from outcome. Don't do because a good outcome is anticipated and don't don't do because a bad outcome is anticipated. The prior is a setup for letdown and the latter a setup for missed opportunity.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:22 AM
If I were feeling nothing...and wanted to...all I would have to do is go 'home' to my family of origin...
I would most certainly feel things!!
I would be kicked into a world of feelings, fast.
The birthplace of mind.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru