Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-01-2020, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Mediumship has been relevant to my Spiritual Journey and in many ways has been the mainstay, so I have spent time with development classes that have been hosted by people of repute.
The reference there is "higher telepathy" NOT mediumship, and it's higher than psychism so if "higher telepathy" is mediumship then you are still incorrect. Telepathy is different to mediumship, mediumship involves being a medium between Spirit and someone else. If you actually spent time looking at how mediums work - or by all means visit the mediumship forums - you'll find that mediums work both with Spirit and someone else. I'm guessing that Alice Bailey isn't doing readings for another party, and therefore isn't mediumship. Since she also mentions automatic writing - which I have also done - and had written her first book after that, I'm guessing that it is telepathy between her and Spirit for the purposes of giving her information for her nook. Not the same at all.

Technically, what you wrote sounds correct.

Hazrat Inayat Khan, the Sufi Master, points out that communication with spirits can be done without an intermediate Medium. However, I would assume that most people would be challenged to do so.
Old 22-01-2020, 02:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Thanks for the reference - I had not come across this. A couple of quotes from The Intermediate Zone:

These powers are latent in all men but active in few. To seek them before we have sought the divine Soul itself is a premature, unwise, and often dangerous enterprise.

... Or there is the opposite danger that he may become the instrument of some apparently brilliant but ignorant formation; for these intermediate planes are full of little Gods or strong Daityas or smaller beings who want to create, to materialise something or to enforce a mental and vital formation in the earth life and are eager to use or influence or even possess the thought and will of the sadhak and make him their instrument for the purpose. This is quite apart from the well-known danger of actually hostile beings whose sole purpose is to create confusion, falsehood, corruption of the sadhana and disastrous unspiritual error. Anyone allowing himself to be taken hold of by one of these beings, who often take a divine Name, will lose his way in the yoga.

Peace

I just read the initial letter regarding Aurobindo's Intermediate Zone. What caught my attention most was:

"It is only when he is able to draw back (whether at once or after a time) from his experiences, stand above them with the dispassionate witness consciousness, observe their real nature, limitations, composition, mixture that he can proceed on his way towards a real freedom and a higher, larger and truer siddhi. "

Having been raised Roman Catholic with an "infallible Pope" whom I did not consider to be "infallible", I have consistently taken a "weigh and measure" approach with everything, including my guru as she well knew, and am not blinded by dazzling experiences or the so-called "miraculous".

You quoted: "These powers are latent in all men but active in few. To seek them before we have sought the divine Soul itself is a premature, unwise, and often dangerous enterprise."

I fully agree that one must be pure and "have sought the divine Soul" itself before seeking such things. Hence, I have focused on purification and being still while remaining mindful of whatever manifests.
Old 22-01-2020, 02:45 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Technically, what you wrote sounds correct.

Hazrat Inayat Khan, the Sufi Master, points out that communication with spirits can be done without an intermediate Medium. However, I would assume that most people would be challenged to do so.
Thank you.

Most people have the ability to communicate with Spirits, the main barriers are the lack of inclination - but that's individual choice - or fear. The people that are challenged are the ones that would go to a medium where the medium acts as a go-between, essentially, usually between them and their 'deceased' Loved Ones. Sometimes they're looking for 'divine guidance'. The ones that can communicate directly with Spirit I would imagine would use what I was taught to use, which is a Spirit link. That is a direct link to Spirit and 'bypasses' any energetic/psychic bodies or abilities. It's a state of consciousness. Usually those that do are one of the 'clairs'.

The reason I use the word 'medium' myself is that when I do communicate directly with Spirit it's on the behalf of someone I'm having a reading for, usually. Sometimes I also receive 'unsolicited' or unasked-for information and although I was taught that it's a no-no, I'm quite comfortable with it. I also have some Spirit kids that come around, and often I can hear their laughter.
Old 22-01-2020, 04:43 PM
janielee

Quote:
I just read the initial letter regarding Aurobindo's Intermediate Zone. What caught my attention most was:

"It is only when he is able to draw back (whether at once or after a time) from his experiences, stand above them with the dispassionate witness consciousness, observe their real nature, limitations, composition, mixture that he can proceed on his way towards a real freedom and a higher, larger and truer siddhi. "

Thanks, that’s a good quote.

JL
Old 22-01-2020, 06:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The reference there is "higher telepathy" NOT mediumship, and it's higher than psychism so if "higher telepathy" is mediumship then you are still incorrect. Telepathy is different to mediumship, mediumship involves being a medium between Spirit and someone else. If you actually spent time looking at how mediums work - or by all means visit the mediumship forums - you'll find that mediums work both with Spirit and someone else. I'm guessing that Alice Bailey isn't doing readings for another party, and therefore isn't mediumship. Since she also mentions automatic writing - which I have also done - and had written her first book after that, I'm guessing that it is telepathy between her and Spirit for the purposes of giving her information for her nook. Not the same at all.

Yes, the standard idea of a medium is a person who enables communication between the physically dead and the physically living. The medium acts as an intermediary.

If the source of the communication is on the astral plane (which is where the physically dead probably are) then this for me is lower mediumship. Once the departed person has progressed beyond the astral plane they have less interest in communicating with those left behind on the physical plane.

If the source of the communication is functioning on the higher spiritual planes then this for me is higher mediumship. The intention is not to communicate with particular individuals but to pass on information for a wider audience.

But that is just my perspective. Your perspective is different.

Peace
Old 22-01-2020, 06:13 PM
Master

Quote:
I love your approach to all this. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you. Glad that it resonated with you.

Peace
Old 23-01-2020, 12:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Sounds like your describing the ‘greater pool of consciousness’ where everything created arises from. Your in it adapting as it.

I suppose in time that vortex will become your ‘expansive self’ without the need to be plugged in. You’ll be ready and fully charged..��

yes. everything arrises from it. and why my focus is on it rather than what is. when it comes to my practice. those experinces cemented what was theoretical to really is from my viewpoint.

i agree there is much room for growth for myself based upon such experinces. bliss and silence is by no means an end but only a new beginning. where that power is infinite i think. one can become more in depth but an end? i dont personally believe so. which is great news to me. so as i become more plugged in, in time. perhaps never fully. but im cool with that.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 23-01-2020, 03:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
But that is just my perspective. Your perspective is different.

Peace
What I have is a completed mediumship course and first-hand experience, as well as having worked with other mediums. Practising medium means I have actual practical experience, not a belief nor an opinion.