Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 01-01-2020, 05:40 AM
Paulf

Healing recommendation

Hi all. I am having a very hard time at the moment coping with a pokie addition that I have had for 20 years. There have been a few breaks from it every now and then either from hypnosis or attending GA meetings. I have tried hypnosis a few times but only one person every worked for me and she is way too far from me to visit now and of course with a gambling problem you are usually short on funds anyway. I am so sick of this and the damage it has done to my life and even my future and I am not sure why I cannot break free from it. I also wonder if this could be something I was meant to experience in this life or if it has taken me of the path. Any advice would be welcome and if possible please send some healing my way.

Thank you very much, Paul.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:06 PM
Guide
Hi Paul, awareness does not help? In case you don't know, awareness is: Awakening to the fact that I am, you are, all this beauty, this planet, the nature, is. It is a shocking experience.

Or, having a dog or cat, might also be helpful. Animal therapy works wonders!

Cheers,
green1
Old 02-01-2020, 07:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulf
Hi all. I am having a very hard time at the moment coping with a pokie addition that I have had for 20 years. There have been a few breaks from it every now and then either from hypnosis or attending GA meetings. I have tried hypnosis a few times but only one person every worked for me and she is way too far from me to visit now and of course with a gambling problem you are usually short on funds anyway. I am so sick of this and the damage it has done to my life and even my future and I am not sure why I cannot break free from it. I also wonder if this could be something I was meant to experience in this life or if it has taken me of the path. Any advice would be welcome and if possible please send some healing my way.

Thank you very much, Paul.
I have a 'friend' that is hooked on gambling. He is positive he is a winner even though he has lost just about everything he had.

One person stopped after the cards turned on him and then they pursued him home. This went on for about 3 months. It all stopped when he stopped gambling.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 02-01-2020, 08:36 PM
Experiencer

I can relate with you to a degree since I love poker and travel to Vegas a fe times a year to play. I see so many of the same faces every year when I visit Las Vegas and a lot of times I wonder why they return when they are so bad. You mentioned that you're often short on money, which indicates that you don't typically win. Maybe focus on this, focus on the fact that you barely win, which ultimately means you're NOT A GOOD PLAYER.

A lot of players who don't win blame everything except themselves for their losses. The other player is an idiot and caused me to lose... or the cards just didn't go my way... I had a run of bad luck, etc. Some people even go as far as to blame the dealer, which has nothing to do with the outcome of a hand.

The fact of the matter is, if you're hedging your bets on a low probability odd, then you should see it as odd that you win a certain hand. Instead, you probably just focus on those random hands that you win by pure luck and think that makes you good.

Once you figure out you're not as good as you think you are. Maybe even accept that you're a bad player... then, it may be easier for you to quit.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:25 AM
Paulf

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers, Paul
Old 06-03-2020, 10:30 PM
Pathfinder

Try eating dark chocolate between meals. Once upon a time, a heroine addict was cured using this method.