Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Newbie ;)

Meditation induced anxiety?

Hi guys! When expanding on my spiritual path and in an aim to higher my vibrations and become closer to my guides I decided I wanted to try meditation. However whenever I try, around 2 minutes in just as I get relaxed I get this awful feeling someone is watching me or stood near me and I get a rush of anxiety and have to open my eyes. I’ve tried music, lighting candles, pushing past it and telling myself not to look but I can’t help it. I’ve never had a negative paranormal experience and my house where I have lived for 20 years doesn’t have activity so I don’t think it’s to do with this. Has anyone else had a similar experience, know what might be causing it and how I can overcome it?! I find it bizarre that it’s meant to be a relaxing process yet it causes me such anxiety?
Thank you!
Old 05-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Master

You say that you "get this awful feeling someone is watching me or stood near me and I get a rush of anxiety and have to open my eyes."

Does this presence actually feel threatening or does it feel like a benevolent presence? The fact that you feel anxious may be more about your own fears than any real threat.

After all, you do say that your reason for meditating is to raise your vibrations and become closer to your guides. Is it possible that this entity watching you is actually a guide, waiting to make contact with you?

Peace
Old 05-12-2019, 11:47 PM
Master
Have you thought that you may be going out of body? Then the fear is bringing
you out of it. Asking a friend may also help ~ they may pick up on something
that's in your blind spot.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:37 PM
Master

I was thinking also that it might possibly be a guide. Another way to do this is with eyes open, focus on something you love, and just keep to a deep gentle loving heart centered breath
Old 07-12-2019, 04:33 AM
Master

I suggest to reach out to whatever it is and maybe innerly ask it. Sometimes fears go easily once we face them... if it says it's a guide try to test it. Think of your happiest and most loving moment and project that energy at it to see what happens.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
I suggest to reach out to whatever it is and maybe innerly ask it. Sometimes fears go easily once we face them... if it says it's a guide try to test it. Think of your happiest and most loving moment and project that energy at it to see what happens.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie1396
Hi guys! When expanding on my spiritual path and in an aim to higher my vibrations and become closer to my guides I decided I wanted to try meditation. However whenever I try, around 2 minutes in just as I get relaxed I get this awful feeling someone is watching me or stood near me and I get a rush of anxiety and have to open my eyes. I’ve tried music, lighting candles, pushing past it and telling myself not to look but I can’t help it. I’ve never had a negative paranormal experience and my house where I have lived for 20 years doesn’t have activity so I don’t think it’s to do with this. Has anyone else had a similar experience, know what might be causing it and how I can overcome it?! I find it bizarre that it’s meant to be a relaxing process yet it causes me such anxiety?
Thank you!
Do a cleanse before your session and try again.A salt bath will do the job.
It could be many things.You have to experiment a little.It could be your ego trying to ressist to the deeper states you're reaching.Are you an anxious person in general?
Old 20-12-2019, 03:32 AM
Master

why are people so dead set on not being anxious. lol. But I guess I shouldn't complain...