Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-02-2020, 04:18 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
so many are turning away from Christianity because of what's going on in this world. some lose hope that this world will never get better. i can understand what many are feeling. some even believe that there is No God. because if it was, these things wouldn't be happening. sadly the true one that caused so much pain. is the same one who wants us to believe that there's NO hope for peace and love, so why even bother?

all I can say is Jehovah God and Jesus sees what's going on. and they hear the MANY prayers for relief. it seems like God is taken his own precious time to some, when it comes to bring relief, but it's not that. he so wants ALL to be saved ,(Ezek. 18:23). this is why he's giving us a chance to learn the truth ,(Psa 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye). still, we have to want the truth, and MANY don't!

we say we do, but as soon as we're shown from God's words what we're doing wrong and what we need to change. we come back with either "it's the word of man." or " that's NOT what God meant." simply because truth be said, some of us don't want to change from our immoral or wicked ways of living. some of us really don't want to follow Jesus ,(Luke 9:23). so some of us are using the whole "Christian" thing as an scapegoat. either way Jehovah God and Jesus will straighten everything out soon. peace

For the last 2,000 years or so, Christians are constantly claiming that their "god" will be returning any minute now, no now, no now... over, and over, and over... the never coming "now" to make everything "right"!

So I keep wondering why they always want their "god" to do everything for them, instead of doing something themselves to make the world a better place?
Old 09-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eternal Soul
For the last 2,000 years or so, Christians are constantly claiming that their "god" will be returning any minute now, no now, no now... over, and over, and over... the never coming "now" to make everything "right"!

So I keep wondering why they always want their "god" to do everything for them, instead of doing something themselves to make the world a better place?

It isn't only Christians who have thought this way; so have Jews and Muslims.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:

The ones who are waiting for the Second Coming are usually following an Organization that preaches this belief. It could be seen as form of 'Brainwashing '. If you frighten your Congregation with ' The end is nigh ' your very likely to be able to control them and they become Putty in your hands....

' Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh '.

Jw's have 8 failed predictions regarding the end of time, I don't know how many other belief systems have got it wrong and like you can't understand why they wait for a Saviour instead of contributing to make this World a better place. Some people do take things into their own hands and help Society the best they can and this is the way IMO..... It will never be perfect but with effort little by little we can make changes for the benefit of others..
Old 09-02-2020, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

Christians, from my viewpoint, are not the ones saying they are Christians but probably are the ones who try their best to put their lives in alignment with the teachings of Jesus and his Father.

Amen ! Amen !
Old 09-02-2020, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:

During Christopher Columbus' life time, people believed the World was coming to an end. Columbus believed he would play a major role in this prophecy as mentioned in The Book of Prophecies which he 'edited'. The English translation of this work became available in the early 1990's. He used scriptures and quotes from the Old Testament, New Testament, Quran and other books to support his beliefs.

Columbus fully believed the prophetic prophecy of Isaiah was fulfilled. He wrote "I have already said that for the voyage to the Indies neither intelligence nor mathematics nor maps were of any use to me; it was the fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecy".

On Columbus' 4th voyage, he claimed he found Eden on the mainland of Central America. He was not the only person searching for Eden.

Look at the First Great Awakening (1700's) which later fueled the Second Great Awakening (1800's) with emphasis placed on Finley's Burned-Over District which brought about numerous new belief systems.

The belief in a Second Coming of Christ fueled all of these events. It is a major facet of Christianity.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:37 PM
Master
Quote:
During Christopher Columbus' life time, people believed the World was coming to an end. Columbus believed he would play a major role in this prophecy as mentioned in The Book of Prophecies which he 'edited'. The English translation of this work became available in the early 1990's. He used scriptures and quotes from the Old Testament, New Testament, Quran and other books to support his beliefs.

Columbus fully believed the prophetic prophecy of Isaiah was fulfilled. He wrote "I have already said that for the voyage to the Indies neither intelligence nor mathematics nor maps were of any use to me; it was the fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecy".

On Columbus' 4th voyage, he claimed he found Eden on the mainland of Central America. He was not the only person searching for Eden.

Look at the First Great Awakening (1700's) which later fueled the Second Great Awakening (1800's) with emphasis placed on Finley's Burned-Over District which brought about numerous new belief systems.

The belief in a Second Coming of Christ fueled all of these events. It is a major facet of Christianity.

It's a pity Columbus didn't put his Christian faith and knowledge of the Bible to better use.
Columbus and his band of violent Men brought disease, stole precious resources/gold etc : and ultimately wiped out many of the indigenous tribes. Rape and pillage was very much part of his violent ventures. He brought Slaves back to Europe from each Country he landed in as part of his bounty...
Then he has the audacity to quote verses of the bible which he firmly believed was inspired by God to support his behavior. Shame on him.

His belief in a Second Coming didn't touch his conscience when he exploited everyone he met....
Old 10-02-2020, 04:43 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
OTOH jesus was quite clear that god had 'forsaken' him in the end. So maybe there is some need to be blocked off from God after all?

Bad wording on my part that led to confusion.

I meant The God, the God for ALL, and not the exclusive Christian only "god".
Old 10-02-2020, 04:48 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
It isn't only Christians who have thought this way; so have Jews and Muslims.

I believe you. I only stick with known facts, and I am well versed in Christianity. But while there are probably many other religions with similar points of belief, I'm not well versed in them so don't want to post something inaccurate.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:58 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The ones who are waiting for the Second Coming are usually following an Organization that preaches this belief. It could be seen as form of 'Brainwashing '. If you frighten your Congregation with ' The end is nigh ' your very likely to be able to control them and they become Putty in your hands....

' Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh '.

Jw's have 8 failed predictions regarding the end of time, I don't know how many other belief systems have got it wrong and like you can't understand why they wait for a Saviour instead of contributing to make this World a better place. Some people do take things into their own hands and help Society the best they can and this is the way IMO..... It will never be perfect but with effort little by little we can make changes for the benefit of others..

Yes, you are spot on. Many congregations apm up the FEAR mongering every so often with "Hurry up and join our church NOW before it's TOO LATE, and be sure to put your money in the box, buy a secured seat on the "End Times" bus to Heaven before you get left behind when the DESTRUCTION comes!!"

Also yes, I agree, it's entirely upon everyone to make the world a better place.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:07 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:

I did not know this.

I find it alarming though how easily Christianity lends itself to justify the most horrifically cruel actions of the evilest of men. And not only justify their actions, but in thinking they will be Heavenly "rewarded" for their horrific cruelty. I think that comes from the OT "god".