Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-01-2020, 03:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Meister Eckhart illustrates the height of western non-dualism. This is why he is largely impossible to understand with our usual dualistic mind. When Eckhart says, “I pray God to rid me of God,” our logical mind would see this as nonsense! It takes unitive consciousness to discover what Eckhart means. There is no concept of God that can contain God. Your present notion of God is never it. [1] As Augustine said, “If you comprehend it, it is not God.” We can only come to know God as we let go of our ideas about God, and as what is not God is stripped away.

Before transformation, you pray to God. After transformation you pray through God, as official Christian prayers always say: “Through Christ our Lord. Amen!” Before radical conversion, you pray to God as if God were over there, an object like all other objects. After conversion (con-vertere, to turn around or to turn with), you look out from God with eyes other than your own. As Meister Eckhart put it in one of his Sermons, “The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God’s eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” [2] All we humans are doing is allowing God to “complete the circuit” within us—until we both see from the same perspective. [3] This is the “mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:16), which will be experienced as a “spiritual revolution” in thinking (Ephesians 4:22).

https://cac.org/meister-eckhart-part-ii-2015-07-16/
I have read this...a few times and I still think it is nonsense.

He is praying to a concept to rid himself of the same concept he is praying to.

I totally understand the whole argument from a non dual perspective, which is why I cannot understand it when related within a dualistic framework.

Wouldn't it be better just to say "neti neti" and refute the existence of God to nullify all concepts and perceptions until God reveals itself as existing beyond them?

Maybe I am missing something.
Old 29-01-2020, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Neti neti.

And

Mind of the mind. Eye of the eye. Ear of the ear.
I shall also do a totally unexpected of me thing here and correlate Corinthians with the Kena Upanishad:

""Not that which the eye can see, but that whereby the eye can see: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which the ear can hear, but that whereby the ear can hear: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which speech can illuminate, but that by which speech can be illuminated: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which the mind can think, but that whereby the mind can think: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore"". - Kena Upanishad 1:5 - 1:8
Old 29-01-2020, 06:07 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I shall also do a totally unexpected of me thing here and correlate Corinthians with the Kena Upanishad:

""Not that which the eye can see, but that whereby the eye can see: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which the ear can hear, but that whereby the ear can hear: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which speech can illuminate, but that by which speech can be illuminated: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which the mind can think, but that whereby the mind can think: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore"". - Kena Upanishad 1:5 - 1:8

Oh my Gosh

I feel it

Thank you so much, Shivani Devi, O Thee Goddess

Jl
Old 29-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You can look up a certified hypnotherapist, but carefully check their references first. You can also try self-hypnosis (I recommend LeCron's book "Self-Hypnosis".

I don't know if meditation + affirmations, or prayer work. They don't reliably put you in the right trance.

I found last night some videos that would perform hypnosis just by listening them, this man who created them has millions of views and I said to give it a try, I had no expectation and to be honest, I had an eye of disbelief about this thing.

I experienced right away a major decrease in my depression and in my anxiety, as if someone came and took away that inner torment. It started with relax your body, slow breath, walk down a staircase and finally arriving at a beatiful garden, and then many many affirmations.

The thing is that I heard those affirmations all night in my dreams and I had many many dreams about them and their impact on me, as if my mind was still in trance while I fell asleep.
Old 29-01-2020, 01:30 PM
Depression? St John's Wort, standardized, everyday and wait to see
what happens on the 21st day!
If you're lucky maybe on the 20th day! Ha

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-01-2020, 07:06 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I have read this...a few times and I still think it is nonsense.

He is praying to a concept to rid himself of the same concept he is praying to.

I totally understand the whole argument from a non dual perspective, which is why I cannot understand it when related within a dualistic framework.

Wouldn't it be better just to say "neti neti" and refute the existence of God to nullify all concepts and perceptions until God reveals itself as existing beyond them?

Maybe I am missing something.

“Wouldn't it be better just to say "neti neti" and refute the existence of God to nullify all concepts and perceptions until God reveals itself as existing beyond them?”

Yes ... but Eckhard also wants for others to be able to understand the fact that it’s alright for them to have some type of “Neti Neti form of prayer,” too.

So he mentions this ...

“We can only come to know God as we let go of our ideas about God, and as what is not God is stripped away.”

It’s your basic “No man can serve two masters argument.”

Romans 8:7 - “because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God, for it does not obey the laws of God ...”

So if it’s a “more lawful” form of prayer, then what are we really holding on to? ;)

Of coarse, one could argue that to hold onto this too is of little value, so perhaps that too should be stripped away. But towards the end of the post, Eckhard reaffirms the fact that there “might’ be some value when he uses the word “circuit” ... an “Eclesiastical” concept.
Old 30-01-2020, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Meister Eckhart illustrates the height of western non-dualism. This is why he is largely impossible to understand with our usual dualistic mind. When Eckhart says, “I pray God to rid me of God,” our logical mind would see this as nonsense! It takes unitive consciousness to discover what Eckhart means. There is no concept of God that can contain God. Your present notion of God is never it. [1] As Augustine said, “If you comprehend it, it is not God.” We can only come to know God as we let go of our ideas about God, and as what is not God is stripped away.

Before transformation, you pray to God. After transformation you pray through God, as official Christian prayers always say: “Through Christ our Lord. Amen!” Before radical conversion, you pray to God as if God were over there, an object like all other objects. After conversion (con-vertere, to turn around or to turn with), you look out from God with eyes other than your own. As Meister Eckhart put it in one of his Sermons, “The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God’s eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” [2] All we humans are doing is allowing God to “complete the circuit” within us—until we both see from the same perspective. [3] This is the “mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:16), which will be experienced as a “spiritual revolution” in thinking (Ephesians 4:22).

https://cac.org/meister-eckhart-part-ii-2015-07-16/

This is an awesome post. What more can one add to it?
Old 30-01-2020, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I've heard that this man had depression for 27 years and one day he woke up and the depression was gone, what is his secret formula, I wish would happen to me too.

Your thinking of Eckhart Tolle.
This is Meister Eckhart
Old 30-01-2020, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
This is an awesome post. What more can one add to it?

Thank you, he's definitely an awesome mystic

My favorite quote is,

' The eye with which I see God is the same with which God sees me. My eye and God's eye is one eye, one seeing, one knowing, and one love.'
Old 30-01-2020, 10:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Your thinking of Eckhart Tolle.
This is Meister Eckhart

I understand!