Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 13-12-2019, 01:12 AM
Newbie ;)

Past Lives & Regression Therapy

Hello all!

I am new to the idea of past lives and reincarnation and I am interested in learning more about it.
I was wondering if anyone had ever partaken in Past Life Regression Therapy?
If so did you find it distressful at all? How did you handle any of the negative emotions that may have come along as a result?
Finally I would love to know more about about how remembering your past lives affects your current life, if at all.

I would really love to hear anything anyone has to say! Thank you!!
Old 13-12-2019, 05:43 PM
Master

Many years ago I had hypnotic past life regression, mainly out of curiosity rather than wanting to resolve any particular issues. It was interesting, and I saw episodes from three supposed past lives. I cannot say that they were definitely past incarnations, but some of the details surprised me and they were not necessarily things I would have chosen if I were simply imagining what my past lives might have been.

Not everyone is a natural subject for hypnosis. Some people go deep into trance and experience everything as if it were happening. Others may only go into a light trance and just receive general impressions. An analytical person may question everything rather than letting go and flowing with the hypnotic process.

I suppose I was an average hypnotic subject. When I was told to go back to a life of significance I initially had a very clear impression of each of the three lives. But part of me was questioning and analysing. The hypnotist asked me questions about each life and answers came to me, but I was never deeply immersed in the experience. After looking at each lifetime I was told to go forward to my death in that lifetime and that was interesting. It wasn't at all distressful and there were no particular negative emotions.

I wouldn't say that these past-life memories affect my current life in any way, but as I said, I was mainly motivated by curiosity. What I saw does explain some of my interests and experiences in this lifetime, and I am glad that I did it but I have felt little desire since to undergo further regression.

Peace.
Old 14-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Newbie ;)

You may enjoy learning about two different healing modalities.

The first is called "Deep Memory Process." It is a form of past life regression therapy developed by Roger Woolger, PhD. My wife has been trained in his teaching and I have undergone perhaps a dozen sessions with her as her "guinea pig." These sessions can be quite intense, but have helped me uncover much buried trauma. Whether the experience is a true past life or a manifestation of the unconscious is debatable, but the results are undeniably positive: reduced anxiety, improved sleep, general increase in health and happiness.

The second is called "Family Constellations," and is based on the work of Bert Hellinger. It's not a past life regression, but rather a group exploration of the ancestral influences on a person's life. I have participated in several dozen family constellations and have seen first hand the benefit to many people.

You may find it useful to find practitioners of either of these in your area.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanUKY

Hi,

I took a time travel class once. It was more like an exercise in guided meditation than regression therapy.

There was a series of visualization exercises leading to an encounter with each person's Experience Coordinator. Just knowning we have such a being involved with us can be a revelation. At that point we ask our coordinator for insights relating to some current life issue and/or concern. The coordinator would then select for us a past life experience which would assist us with that.

I had a number of amazing experiences doing this exercise.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 01-01-2020, 06:55 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Many years ago I had hypnotic past life regression, mainly out of curiosity rather than wanting to resolve any particular issues. It was interesting, and I saw episodes from three supposed past lives. I cannot say that they were definitely past incarnations, but some of the details surprised me and they were not necessarily things I would have chosen if I were simply imagining what my past lives might have been.

Not everyone is a natural subject for hypnosis. Some people go deep into trance and experience everything as if it were happening. Others may only go into a light trance and just receive general impressions. An analytical person may question everything rather than letting go and flowing with the hypnotic process.

I suppose I was an average hypnotic subject. When I was told to go back to a life of significance I initially had a very clear impression of each of the three lives. But part of me was questioning and analysing. The hypnotist asked me questions about each life and answers came to me, but I was never deeply immersed in the experience. After looking at each lifetime I was told to go forward to my death in that lifetime and that was interesting. It wasn't at all distressful and there were no particular negative emotions.

I wouldn't say that these past-life memories affect my current life in any way, but as I said, I was mainly motivated by curiosity. What I saw does explain some of my interests and experiences in this lifetime, and I am glad that I did it but I have felt little desire since to undergo further regression.

Peace.

Friend,

How did you select a therapist? I find it hard to know whom to trust. I tried hypnotherapy once, and even asked about this, but the therapist didn’t go there with me.

Thanks

Jl
Old 01-01-2020, 10:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Friend,

How did you select a therapist? I find it hard to know whom to trust. I tried hypnotherapy once, and even asked about this, but the therapist didn’t go there with me.

Thanks

Jl

Hi JL

I just happened to know someone who did past-life regression, so I went to see him.

Hypnotherapists seem to vary considerably in ability and training, so choosing one at random can be difficult.

Peace
Old 02-01-2020, 03:03 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Hi JL

I just happened to know someone who did past-life regression, so I went to see him.

Hypnotherapists seem to vary considerably in ability and training, so choosing one at random can be difficult.

Peace

Thank you, iamthat.

Jl
Old 02-01-2020, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanUKY
Hello all!

I am new to the idea of past lives and reincarnation and I am interested in learning more about it.
I was wondering if anyone had ever partaken in Past Life Regression Therapy?
If so did you find it distressful at all? How did you handle any of the negative emotions that may have come along as a result?
Finally I would love to know more about about how remembering your past lives affects your current life, if at all.

I know one woman who had a bad leg. I regressed her back to a past life just as she was getting shot in that leg from somebody on another pirate ship.

Her pain immediately went away and she could walk without a limp.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 01-02-2021, 07:41 AM
Newbie ;)

My experience is from long ago, 1986 or '87, in the middle of all things 'New Age' enjoying a huge boost in popularity. My mother and brother had been interested in several areas after my uncle's death, such as Tarot readings and Astrology charts. I actually saw something unexplainable back then, but my memory of it today is just a memory of a memory of a memory, etc etc, so I'm no longer sure it wasn't just my imagination.

I went to a psychic, local in my old hometown, first to have the medium channel my spirit guide, which was very interesting in and of itself. Lots of detail, but nothing outright and undeniably tied to me, in this life and at that moment. Things were said that might apply to me, or that could be interpreted to apply to me. When specifics were given, that supposedly applied to me directly, they were couched vaguely enough that one could take it to mean multiple things. For example, I was told (almost word for word) 'At the age of 52, you will fly over Life's adversities.' I don't know what that might mean, so for me to judge if it actually happened, I dunno. The cynic in me keeps bringing up the subject of 'cold reading,' which I learned about later.

A few months later, I revisited the same medium for a past life regression. She took me through some exercises that were meant to hypnotize me; to this day, I couldn't say if she was successful or not. I was very relaxed, eyes closed, but still aware of the room, myself lying on the couch, the medium, the room around me. To the best of my memory, she didn't suggest I access a particular life, or even type of life, or any time period or geographic location. However we got there, I began seeing details, or memories, or imagined scenes, of a single life, perhaps in medieval England or thereabouts.

I don't quite remember her exact wording, but she would guide me from 'memory' to 'memory' (sorry for the constant quotation marks; I don't mean to come across as so cynical, but my consciousness is still very much bound to this physical world...at this time) by saying something like 'And now, let's move to another significant time in your life,' leaving it to me to decide or imagine or remember what that might be.

In this manner, I went through about 5 or 6 of these significant moments. I saw myself as we normally do, looking out from our own eyes, so I could see my hands or legs, but not my own face without a mirror. I was with my best friend as a boy, later there was a celebration for a new king(?), my marriage, my life later on, my wife on her deathbed. I saw all of these scenes, and many details of the scenes. In the first scene, when I was a boy, the medium asked me to look down at myself and describe my clothing, but didn't prompt me to say certain things. What I saw in my head was vivid and real, enough that I can still see them decades later, although certainly not as clearly. I do know the pure grief I felt at my wife's death, an emotion I had yet to suffer from to that point in my life. We ended the session with tears on my face.

It seems it would be so easy to dismiss these two experiences as being taken by a faker; indeed, part of me still thinks she was a skilled pretender, a con artist. And yet...I still want to believe, another part of me does believe, that there is more to this life than our five senses and Science can show us. And so, by fits and starts, by a long winding road, I am here. A cynical believer, a scowling neophyte, but still hopeful that I'm wrong, that there is wonder waiting for me to open my eyes and see it.