Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-06-2019, 11:57 AM
Ascender
The Warrior Spirit.

Most of my life, I have been relatively passive, submissive, putting others needs before mine, out of cooperation and compassion. But often I have feel as though I have done so at a cost as in being perceived as stupid, or weak.

Sometimes I feel I am not taken seriously by my peers because I am considerate of their feelings, and don't brag very often. Sometimes I feel like I suppress my potential.

Last night I had a dream in which I was standing behind a castle garden surrounded by walls. An old man stood before me. He said the castle was under attack. As he spoke, in one hand he held a sword and in the other hand a ripe fruit of some kind. He asked me to choose one. And I for some reason, chose the sword. But as I did, I felt clear desire to fight, nothing else. I wasn't concerned about hurting anyone, only to win.

I woke up feeling powerful, and strong.

Which makes me wonder if maybe part of spiritual growth is also about embracing the warrior spirit.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Master
Hey Flex-Girl..

It seems you are becoming aware of the need to take care of yourself, more assertively so..
This is a good development for any of us if it appears we are lacking it..

Your compassionate and cooperative side however is not “weak”, it’s as much a strong part of who you are as is standing up for yourself..
Old 01-06-2019, 07:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Most of my life, I have been relatively passive, submissive, putting others needs before mine, out of cooperation and compassion. But often I have feel as though I have done so at a cost as in being perceived as stupid, or weak.

Sometimes I feel I am not taken seriously by my peers because I am considerate of their feelings, and don't brag very often. Sometimes I feel like I suppress my potential.

Last night I had a dream in which I was standing behind a castle garden surrounded by walls. An old man stood before me. He said the castle was under attack. As he spoke, in one hand he held a sword and in the other hand a ripe fruit of some kind. He asked me to choose one. And I for some reason, chose the sword. But as I did, I felt clear desire to fight, nothing else. I wasn't concerned about hurting anyone, only to win.

I woke up feeling powerful, and strong.

Which makes me wonder if maybe part of spiritual growth is also about embracing the warrior spirit.

Being passive, submissive and putting the needs of others before our own needs can be both a positive and a negative thing.

It is positive when we are empty in ourselves, free from personal desires, and motivated by the aspiration to serve others. In this case, the idea of being submissive is that we live in a state of surrender, trusting the universe to guide us.

It is negative when we put the needs of others before our own needs due to subconscious feelings of unworthiness or wanting to please people to avoid rejection. In this case, the idea of being submissive is born from a sense of inferiority, an inability to acknowledge that we are worthy as people.

And sometimes we suppress our potential because we are afraid to stand up and be powerful. If we are powerful then we are noticed, and if we are noticed then some people may not like us, probably because we will be reflecting something in them.

As part of our growth I think we all have to embrace the spiritual warrior within. This does not mean that we go out and fight others, but instead we conquer our own lower nature. This is the entire story of the Bhagavad Gita. And the sword is often used to illustrate this, as we learn to wield the sword of discrimination to cut through all the illusions that bind us.

Peace.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:37 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Hey Flex-Girl..

It seems you are becoming aware of the need to take care of yourself, more assertively so..
This is a good development for any of us if it appears we are lacking it..

Your compassionate and cooperative side however is not “weak”, it’s as much a strong part of who you are as is standing up for yourself..

Thank you Altair. This is so true. It really does take strength to be compassionate. But I also need to stand up for myself.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:04 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Being passive, submissive and putting the needs of others before our own needs can be both a positive and a negative thing.

It is positive when we are empty in ourselves, free from personal desires, and motivated by the aspiration to serve others. In this case, the idea of being submissive is that we live in a state of surrender, trusting the universe to guide us.

It is negative when we put the needs of others before our own needs due to subconscious feelings of unworthiness or wanting to please people to avoid rejection. In this case, the idea of being submissive is born from a sense of inferiority, an inability to acknowledge that we are worthy as people.

I have always trusted the universe and it's always worked out for me. It's just that I sometimes feel selfish in certain situations, if I think too much about myself. I was raised by my mother to think of other people first (mostly her) or that's how a lady is supposed to be. I was always taught to play nice, to share, and be quiet

Surprisingly I am not so much afraid of confrontation so much as fear of hurting others. As a some examples, whenever I have a party, instead of having fun with people I really want to spend time with, I try to spend my time with everyone so no one feels left out, but then after, I feel disappointed. I am also that way when I play games with other people, as though I don't want to hurt their feelings by winning while they lose. Often l let them win, when I feel I could have beaten them.

Quote:
And sometimes we suppress our potential because we are afraid to stand up and be powerful. If we are powerful then we are noticed, and if we are noticed then some people may not like us, probably because we will be reflecting something in them.

This really speaks to me. I am averse to power. I don't like it when people place me above themselves, just as much as I don't enjoy being put beneath anyone. I prefer to treat others as my equal.

Quote:
As part of our growth I think we all have to embrace the spiritual warrior within. This does not mean that we go out and fight others, but instead we conquer our own lower nature. This is the entire story of the Bhagavad Gita. And the sword is often used to illustrate this, as we learn to wield the sword of discrimination to cut through all the illusions that bind us.

Peace.

Well said.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:56 AM
Lorelyen

I think there's a warrior in us all. Unless we're happy just to be doormats we need to, have to, assert ourselves at times. iamthat got it about right in the spiritual sense. I've heard of the Bhagavad Gita (obviously, being a fan of Hatha Yoga) but don't know what it has to say - it does however reflect the wisdom on the Tree of Life, balancing the warrior with compassion/benevolence/grace.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:00 AM
Master
You sound very similar to me. I was always more passive than the aggressor. But what I did learn about being that way is I just pick and choose my battles. If you fight every little thing the fights means nothing. If you fight what for only what you feel is right, it means everything. Other people and yourself take notice. Then respect is earned ,not fear by yourself and others. A warrior don't fear themselves. In most cases you are, your own worse enemy. There's a huge difference between fear, and respect. Both start from within.