Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-04-2019, 12:35 PM
Master
How do you manage to find life spiritual?

There are so many influences at work which seem to stop life being spiritual. It is like I exist within a void which repels light. In many ways life seems very profane.

How do you manage to keep your life spiritual? Do you find it comes naturally? With me it is a constant struggle.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:10 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
There are so many influences at work which seem to stop life being spiritual. It is like I exist within a void which repels light. In many ways life seems very profane.

How do you manage to keep your life spiritual? Do you find it comes naturally? With me it is a constant struggle.
Your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. If you define what is Spiritual, by extension you define what is not Spiritual. Oh, and 'profane' and 'light'.

Life hasn't stopped being Spiritual, you've chosen to stop seeing it.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. If you define what is Spiritual, by extension you define what is not Spiritual. Oh, and 'profane' and 'light'.

Life hasn't stopped being Spiritual, you've chosen to stop seeing it.

I don't agree. Sorry.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Master

Quote:

At heart there is a centre of stillness which is naturally peaceful, joyful, loving and compassionate. Resting in this centre, all of life becomes an expression of spirituality. Nothing is profane. The challenge is to find this centre and then learn to rest within.

Peace.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:49 PM
Master

Remembering the miracle of this all.

I remember reading once that each one of us that is currently incarnating are extremely brave ones to come to such a conflicting environment to learn. I remind myself of that on occasion. Just sitting on a bench and watching people go by, I say, "Wow!" to it all.

The fact that we are all here interacting on a unconscious level even though consciously we are not aware of such interaction. Another, "Wow!"

And lastly, having read Ainslie MacLeod's book The Instruction and understanding now the age of the souls all here. Some new souls, some middle age souls and some old souls. Another, "Wow!"
Old 05-04-2019, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:
By constantly seeking to discover who I really am. And then by trying to act from my (inner) essence.

It has taken a long while to get a clear picture of who I am. I am centered by default now so it is no longer a struggle to act from my essence.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm not even trying. What's the benefit of being spiritual anyway? I have bigger personal concerns to deal with than transforming into some positivity guru and spread fake light/love in a world that's already fallen.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:30 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
I don't agree. Sorry.
You don't have to apologise Honza.

When there's a conflict between influences at work and Life being Spiritual there's something going on - being in this forum is Spiritual to you (I'm assuming) but the influences at work aren't aren't, so who makes that choice? Who says this is Spiritual and that isn't?

So All That Is, isn't?

Quote:
By not creating the separation in the first place, by delving a little deeper into understanding the reasons I perceive 'this' as Spiritual and 'that' as not Spiritual - Spirituality is where you choose it to be. If we are all aspects of Source, what does that mean?
Old 05-04-2019, 11:22 PM
ImthatIm

When you can find peace within, then others can be what they are, and your still at peace.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:30 AM
Master
Just words from a newbie

So, this is just my experience. Being spiritual teaches me a new way to walk. I see it as learning to walk in grace, balance and beauty. The forum is my classroom, where I learn lessons and pick up tools. I learn to recharge here. I learn how to protect myself. I have to be open to recognize the lessons. I have to chose to be willing to learn the lessons. I have to be discerning and able to recognize which lessons fit me for where I am. (Learning to walk, before I can run kind of thing) I have to be willing to put these lessons into action, every moment of every day.

Today I failed my lessons. I person came into my world and yelled and swore at me. I did not learn the lesson of love. I tried to explain and use logic and it all spiraled back at me and kicked me in the back side.

Does that mean I failed at learning to be spiritual? Heck no. I just didn’t pass the quiz. Will I get a whole bunch more quizzes? Yes! I needed to re-learn the lesson. I needed to learn to slow done and think of a better way. The world is my classroom.

Does it feel bad sometimes when I miss the mark? Yep! But I have the choice to cry in my oatmeal or get up, dust myself off and try, try again.

For me it is about free will and learning to trust intuition and letting in other possibilities.