Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfellawhitefella
say what fish person ?

A nice haddock and fish,

just lately

have I told you?

Old 21-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Moon Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
You can't teach an old dog new tricks...

A leopard cannot change its spots...

Are we able to change our very nature/personality/essence/whatever you wish to call it? What do you think?

Can we become who we think we are not?

Should we? For what means?

We wouldn't want you any other way Squatchit - you are who you are and that's why we love you!

And I don't think we can really change one self. If we become who we think we are not, isn't that just wearing a mask? And when you don't live your true life things just don't really work out - its when we start living our true path things just start falling into place.

I think it's more helpful to spend time understanding ones self and making the most from the aspects you like and working on the areas you find less desirable. I always say that my greatest potential lies just outside of my comfort zone, and it's always that part of me that I'm working on that make me push my limits. So surely, even our less-loved aspects, are still a positive thing?

Moony
Old 21-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Master
Yeah I change, like at work I'm a bit more aware and observant of all around me. At home I'm more like relaxed and not too observant. Some days I'm in a great mood and funny other days I'm not.
I can change my behaviour but not my personality.
Spiritlite.
Old 21-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Ivy

Well I am leaving now, but heres a thought to leave you with. Who we think we are is often created by who we have around us.....sometimes simply by moving to another group of people we reflect a very different light....and encounter very different reactions.

By trusting your inner voice and not the outside voices to tell you what colour to be....you come to realise that colour is just a trick of the light.

Also, your contemplation here might be connected to the experience when you saw the many different moments simultaneously... it may have had more of a message in it than it was given credit for... http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5605
Old 21-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I don't connect with others too well. And I often wonder whether I am able to change my spots and do so. What would that take? Do I need to change (my spots?)
Squatchit,
I agree with Moon Willow - that you are great just the way you are! (imagine the song by Billy Joel, "Don't go changing, to try & please me...") I love your sense of humor & as Kapitan mentioned in that other thread Heather posted, you are very down-to-earth, which I appreciate too.

Still, you mentioned that you don't connect with others too well... is it that you don't feel connected? I can relate with you. It is rare when I deeply connect with someone. Usually it's just superficial chit chat. I don't think you need to change, but I think it is helpful to have a large reservoir within (of thoughts, feelings & experiences) from which to draw... & to be reciprocal - share & listen... to relate & connect with others. Then the magic of who you are will do the rest! And you are a priceless gem!
Old 22-11-2010, 02:33 AM
meta_synthesis

Quote:
You can't teach an old dog new tricks...

A leopard cannot change its spots...

Are we able to change our very nature/personality/essence/whatever you wish to call it? What do you think?

Can we become who we think we are not?

Should we? For what means?

Frankly the question is confusing to me. It makes no sense. I can't make anything out of it.

Who would change oneself? How would that work? Say I decided to turn myself into a camel, and then I found myself as a camel. What is it that WANTED to and DECIDED and thus CHOOSE to turn oneself into a camel? Something that was not the camel. Something more fundamental to ones being. Something that is still there.

So you need to be more specific. Are you talking about changing your APPEARANCE? If you are, why would you want to change it?

Or is it something else? "Who we think we are not" ?? Did you have something in mind?

Should we? Well, isn't that up to the person who is on the fence? For what means? Why are you asking us? Any reason to the person is sufficent, I am sure.

I am really confused.

Maybe you aren't my Truth. You're very confusing to me. Maybe I was drunk? lol
Old 22-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Master
People can change but it has to come from within.

As for your natural rhythm of interaction... I just don't know. But I personally think you are awesome the way you are.
Old 22-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Master
oh and also i do beleive people can change bad habits into good ones and good ones into bad but in my opinion I still believe people are the same people deep down inside.
Hope that makes sense I'm really tried right now.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Master
Chameleons

The Chameleon dragged me into the thread.
I was called a Chameleon some year ago, after a young lady in one of the forums looked at my energy, and wanted to know who and what I am, since every time she looked at my energy she saw something different. She assumed I must have something to hide, and all that have something to hide, can not be "good", or of the light. I have to admit, I am not of the light but neither am I of the dark, and besides, if her intentions where pure, I wouldn't have to resort to the Chameleon tactic.

In respect to changing, we are changing all the time, constantly.
We might not notice it, since the present perception of oneself seams to be overwhelmingly permanent.
Old 22-11-2010, 06:20 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
By trusting your inner voice and not the outside voices to tell you what colour to be....you come to realise that colour is just a trick of the light.

That I like. Safe Journey, Heather.

We change every day, sometimes a few times every day. We are father/mother, brother/sister. friend, colleague...... We read something in here and we react it it one way or the other..... It's no wonder our energies change. Depending on what role we play we say/do accordingly, it's not about the leopard changing its spots though it's about aspects of ourselves. It's when we try to be someone we're not that the trouble begins, like coming on here and trying to sound so full of wisdom. People see through that come time.

Be yourself, Squatch - it's really the only person you can be.