Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-03-2014, 07:14 AM
Nature is divine

I'm confused???

I am an ex christian and I have been an atheist for a few years now. However, lately I've been feeling a strange connection to Hecate. I don't know why and I guess I was just posting this to see what other people think it could mean. This troubles me because I believe in spirits but gods aren't something I can wrap my mind around, yet the connection is still there.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:07 AM
Master

Why don't you read about Hecate and do some research about her. As well, if you meditate, ask to talk to her in your meditations.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:30 AM
Nature is divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Why don't you read about Hecate and do some research about her. As well, if you meditate, ask to talk to her in your meditations.

I've been doing research, but I haven't thought of trying to communicate with her during meditation. That sounds like a good idea, thanks.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:37 PM
TheCloud

How did you first become aware of the connection, and what aspect of Hecate do you feel connected with?
Old 12-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Master
I think it is worth investigating within yourself. I liked the meditation suggestion. Although I would just suggest just using it as a tool to try to sort out what you are experiencing.
Old 13-03-2014, 06:38 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature is divine
I am an ex christian and I have been an atheist for a few years now. However, lately I've been feeling a strange connection to Hecate. I don't know why and I guess I was just posting this to see what other people think it could mean. This troubles me because I believe in spirits but gods aren't something I can wrap my mind around, yet the connection is still there.

The Christians teach redemption. So do the beliefs of many of the old gods. Most of us see the idea as applied to ourselves though when there is a much more significant and far reaching purpose. In Christianity we hear about baptism and new beginnings. The Greeks learned from Hecate some quite definitive and specific associations, people and animals in the earth and much about fresh starts (new beginnings) wherein the many work for harmony. In the first case this is posited as a personal goal. In the second, the older, it is more about how each of us interacts with the whole of the living being of the planet.

Do you see any connection between these two religions? I do. Humanity is placed on earth with a purpose which will be fulfilled when the entire globe and all who ride upon her are cleansed to begin anew. In the far ancient days this universal, divine purpose was embodied in the presence of various gods. Later when Jesus came to change things new emphasis was placed on the individual. Even God was now singular, not plural. In the future a new religion will replace and update all that went before. This will be after the planet is made ready. In the meanwhile it is for all of us to do what we can in preparation for that great event. It might be true that you are thinking of this old Greek goddess because of some innate impulse. If this is so then perhaps you would benefit from looking ahead for a reason. I think it is likely that if and when you do this you may come to a newer realization regarding the role of the indivitual in God's purpose for the world. I would suggest that you look for a common goal which is facilitated by the wide variations in religions. This is what I do. Don't forget that religions are of the earth only. They do not exist in the spirit world (heaven). Why? Because in heaven we are free of the locked doors and shuttered blinds of the earth and have no need for them.

Maybe what I say is true. Maybe it's hogwash. What do you think?
Old 13-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Nature is divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCloud
How did you first become aware of the connection, and what aspect of Hecate do you feel connected with?

I became aware about it maybe a month ago, though I've read that she is associated with black dogs and I remember once when I was a younger, I saw a black dog sitting on my legs and it quickly disappeared but I remember it had blue eyes and its tongue was sticking out. But that could've had nothing to do with her. I feel connected to her because of her association with magic and the moon.
Old 13-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
I like your thinking Bartholomew.
Wise words indeed.
Old 13-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Saragh

Bartolomew, you make some good points and I have seen this too. There is a higher consciousness so far beyond human religion, but very real.
Old 13-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Nature is divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

The Christians teach redemption. So do the beliefs of many of the old gods. Most of us see the idea as applied to ourselves though when there is a much more significant and far reaching purpose. In Christianity we hear about baptism and new beginnings. The Greeks learned from Hecate some quite definitive and specific associations, people and animals in the earth and much about fresh starts (new beginnings) wherein the many work for harmony. In the first case this is posited as a personal goal. In the second, the older, it is more about how each of us interacts with the whole of the living being of the planet.

Do you see any connection between these two religions? I do. Humanity is placed on earth with a purpose which will be fulfilled when the entire globe and all who ride upon her are cleansed to begin anew. In the far ancient days this universal, divine purpose was embodied in the presence of various gods. Later when Jesus came to change things new emphasis was placed on the individual. Even God was now singular, not plural. In the future a new religion will replace and update all that went before. This will be after the planet is made ready. In the meanwhile it is for all of us to do what we can in preparation for that great event. It might be true that you are thinking of this old Greek goddess because of some innate impulse. If this is so then perhaps you would benefit from looking ahead for a reason. I think it is likely that if and when you do this you may come to a newer realization regarding the role of the indivitual in God's purpose for the world. I would suggest that you look for a common goal which is facilitated by the wide variations in religions. This is what I do. Don't forget that religions are of the earth only. They do not exist in the spirit world (heaven). Why? Because in heaven we are free of the locked doors and shuttered blinds of the earth and have no need for them.

I think its possible. But I can either never find a religion that I think suits me, or I think too many suit me. A lot of religions have the same common goal: bettering yourself, and I guess that's my goal too. So I try to study bits of different religions.