Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Guide
Quote:
There is much to this story but it is to be learned in other places, not here. Too complex.
I understand, there are some things which it's better to experience first hand. But thank you for taking the time and posting your reflections on the subject. I can see how it could easily turn into a novel.

Quote:
A fun thing to remember here is that we've all heard of ancient and/or modern aboriginal peoples who worshipped a sun god. Well this spritual sun is exactly what the sun gods are. How often do we think that the old humanity had a greater understanding of such things? Then religions came along and re-educated us all into forgetting.
I never thought about the sun god in that context, cool.

I've found that the limited ancient texts I've accessed to be quite resourceful for lack of better words. It's funny what you say too, about forgetting, it totally reminds me of a couple techniques I learned in regards to how we are one, I never thought about applying something in a this way(mostly just played with it or used it for a greater understanding of the many expressions of consciousnesses (sp?)). Luckily those treasures of the past weren't lost, nor are we limited by time or space and they are accessible for all.

Before I disappear, I'm going to wrap this up and say thank you to all for posting, it has been very inspiring and educational. Big for everyone!
Old 17-03-2014, 08:50 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
I understand, there are some things which it's better to experience first hand. But thank you for taking the time and posting your reflections on the subject. I can see how it could easily turn into a novel.

I never thought about the sun god in that context, cool.

I've found that the limited ancient texts I've accessed to be quite resourceful for lack of better words. It's funny what you say too, about forgetting, it totally reminds me of a couple techniques I learned in regards to how we are one, I never thought about applying something in a this way(mostly just played with it or used it for a greater understanding of the many expressions of consciousnesses (sp?)). Luckily those treasures of the past weren't lost, nor are we limited by time or space and they are accessible for all.

Before I disappear, I'm going to wrap this up and say thank you to all for posting, it has been very inspiring and educational. Big for everyone!

There are other references to "sun gods" in earthly traditions too. Don't the Christians call Jesus the "son of God" (sun of god or sun god)? Long before Jesus lived on earth other, older religions revered the son of god too. It seems like the oldest peoples on earth were more fully aware of the spiritual nature of just about everything and that, as time goes by, man tends to personalize these, giving faces to them. As this happens the truths which lay behind are replaced, regalated to mere superstition, or denied altogether. Human beings are fearful creatures but truth can never be known to a mind which so limits itself. This is an idea which motivates me to search always...

Blessings...