Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-02-2014, 09:24 PM
workinprogress

The meaning behind seemingly random encounters with people you once knew

Do you ever proverbially bump into people that you haven't seen in years in strange places or in ways that seem extraordinary?

In the last week, this happened to me, both times I "bumped' into a person I worked with years ago and in both encounters I met them by taking an alternate path than the one I intended.

The first time, the subway train I was taking shut down and I decided to take another one on the opposite side of town. The second time, the post office was too crowded, so I decided to go to one out of the way.

In New York City, it seems random that this would happen twice in one week. Has this happened to you guys and what's the significance behind encounters like these?
Old 20-02-2014, 10:18 PM
livingkarma

I've had it happen 3xs in my life ...
I thought each was rather amazing considering the location of where we reunited as well as found it interesting that had I not met these people previously my life may not have turned out the way it did at one of the happiest times of my life ...
All 3 were a great indication that I made all the correction decisions in keeping myself on the right path ...

My first encounter was in Dallas, TX w/an ex-co-worker from NM ...
The second was an old friend I hung out w/in my early twenties from NM; we ran into one another in a mall in LA where we had both moved to years ago ...
The third was a HS classmate from NM I met up with in a convenience store in the high desert of CA while traveling through ...
Old 22-02-2014, 03:44 PM
Guide
Yes, it's happened to me as well. Rather than go into details on each experience, as the meaning for such encounters I imagine are personal to each situation.

Speaking generally, for me it was because we had something to learn from each other. So meanings: it may have meant a long lasting relationship, a kinda flag/marker stone, a cute heads up, or an important lesson that would fundamentally change my life.
Old 22-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Royalite

Yeah, quite often I bump into these people who somehow they actively work to find me and contact me. But I figured it was to show me that I can't go back. That connection isn't there. I think it's just to show me how far I've come and what things might've been like had I stuck around.
Old 22-02-2014, 11:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by workinprogress
Do you ever proverbially bump into people that you haven't seen in years in strange places or in ways that seem extraordinary?

In the last week, this happened to me, both times I "bumped' into a person I worked with years ago and in both encounters I met them by taking an alternate path than the one I intended.

The first time, the subway train I was taking shut down and I decided to take another one on the opposite side of town. The second time, the post office was too crowded, so I decided to go to one out of the way.

In New York City, it seems random that this would happen twice in one week. Has this happened to you guys and what's the significance behind encounters like these?

workinprogress - It seems that the more I thought about how much I wanted to avoid a particular woman, the more I would run into her. This is someone that I didn’t care to see. That happened so much that I had to just put that person out of my mind altogether in order to stop the not-so-chance meetings. I attribute these repeated run-ins to the Law of Attraction whereas like attracts like and that focusing on either negative or positive thoughts brings about just that. Honestly I harbored negative thoughts toward this person because of the severe grief she caused and so the tension between us was on my mind quite often.

I think what is significant about these events, whether or not it’s positive or negative, is there is something about ones relationship with another that hasn’t been worked out either in lessons learned or even karma. Perhaps there is unfinished business.

Blackraven
Old 23-02-2014, 03:05 AM
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinprogress

Craziest one was running into an old karate instructor in some random small town in the literal middle of nowhere. Haha, I gotta tell you that was a trip. As for significance, it caries any significance you assign to it.
Old 24-02-2014, 02:49 AM
workinprogress

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven

I think what is significant about these events, whether or not it’s positive or negative, is there is something about ones relationship with another that hasn’t been worked out either in lessons learned or even karma. Perhaps there is unfinished business.

Blackraven

Thanks, I had a similar thought. I recently left my job which is why I think encountered people who used to work with me, one at my most recent employer, the other from a job about ten years ago.