Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-04-2017, 10:08 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by warebehr
To add a little to this,

In the Bible, in Luke 17:21 Jesus spoke: "The kingdom of heaven is within you."

Considering the concept of heaven is largely thanks to the Christian religion, Jesus seemed to speak in a way that seems very aligned with Buddha.

I believe the utility of Christianity has taken the truth a bit off-course when it comes to heaven and the afterlife.

Rather than accepting what Christ actually said, many will defer to heaven as a reward for actions. I think this is largely due to the nature of humanity - which is an innocent thing, but it still complicates matters.

I believe Jesus was an enlightened man, like Buddha, who showed the world that they are wrong about God as they know it. He had to speak in parables because the audience would not accept the straight truth, and this is where the never ending circle of interpretations started.

In becoming aware of this process, I have been able to identify the utilities in religion, apart from the truths, and I do this by looking for the kingdom of heaven within me.

We have a lot to thank christian religion for......not.