Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 22-03-2013, 09:25 PM
lily of the valley

HOW DO I FIND MY SPIRIT GUIDE?

Hi everyone,
I have no clue as to how I would go about reaching out for my spirit guide. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 22-03-2013, 09:45 PM
nishnash

Hi Lily,

I am in the same boat. This is all new to me, but it is something I would be interested in as well. I am going to start looking into it and will keep you posted if I find some good info :)

nn..
Old 22-03-2013, 10:06 PM
lily of the valley

Thank you so much nn, looking forward to hearing from you soon. I too will do my research and we can compare notes, I really need a guide in my life right now!
Old 23-03-2013, 06:56 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Your guide might be around you now and working in your life even if you don't realize it.
Old 23-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Experiencer
That's true, Lady.
I once did a really nice meditation intended to find our animal guides. It started with us concentrating on relaxing, then we'd see ourselves in a beautiful place of our choice with trees and nature and explore this place. This gets us to work on our instinctive visualization. Then the meditation went something like "now you see your animal guide come to you from behind some trees to your right. See what your animal is, what is it telling you? Spend the next minute with it". It turned out that mine is a butterfly. It made total sense to me. But I think we have many loving spirit looking after us. Some may be in our life, as Lady suggested, some are angels and some are enlightened spirits. The more enlightened the spirit, the more souls they look after, both incarnated and non incarnated. At the top we have God, who looks after us all.

Well, that's my belief anyway. :-)

Cheers!
Old 23-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Pathfinder

There are lots of self-guided meditations you can look up on google and youtube. As for me when I first learned about spirit guides I acknowledged her presence and gave her a name sincw I didn't know what it was yet. In time she showed her true self to me and told me her real name. If you don't succeed in meditations it may just be that they feel you aren't ready yet. But when you do finally meet them its an amazing experience. :)
Old 23-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Suspended
Do a Vision Quest!
Old 26-03-2013, 02:53 AM
Pathfinder

what when you can't meditate. Myself i fall asleep if i do. :)
Old 26-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelilahD
what when you can't meditate. Myself i fall asleep if i do. :)

Then do a Vision Quest!
Old 27-03-2013, 01:15 AM
Master

It you look through previous threads in this section, there are many on this same topic, which could be why you are not getting to many responses, so search through the old ones, and you may find what you are looking for.

I agree with Lady, your spirit guide is with you all the time. It is just a matter or wanting to meet them. If you put the intention out there, you will be led by them on a journey to find them. Books will appear, impulses will appear, things will occur to you to try.

Thunder Bow - how do you do a Vision Quest and why? I am curious. I channeled a spirit a while back who felt very old and very wise, an Indian gentlemen who I was channeling for someone else, and the ...power...I felt from him was incredible. He came to me later on, and said I could channel him for myself and we have hung out briefly a few times. I did not get a name, but the word Shaman. I have some Indian blood, my great grandmother was Indian, so I don't know it that qualifies me at all to do a vision quest, but it sounds intriguing....I hope you don't mean, go out in the forest for a week with no food ...LOL....something I could do at home on my couch would be nice...currently have shingles of all things, and time on my hands ....