Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:52 PM
auricman

Heart

i need a bit of advice
my heart is very fradgile at the moment and i want to know how i can strenthen it again.
i love my girlfriend so much iwould die for her but at any slight chance that something goes wrong (like i won't beabel to see her for ages) my heart breaks and it takes a while to fix itself leaveing me in pain. and this is happening alot latly :cry: (i guess this is the price for a long distance relationship)
so anyone got any sudgestions on how i can either permantly fix this probelem or to strenthen my heart?

lookin forward to your advice

Auricman
Old 06-01-2006, 12:07 AM
howiemac

Re: Heart

one thing to think about Auricman: focus on on the real meaning of true love - true love gives without taking - true love is selfless, and very powerful - true love fills you with joy, and your joy will radiate to all around you

it is almost universal now for people to confuse attachment and desire (even need) with love - attachment and desire are negative things, focused on the self - they will bring you down

nobody on this planet is perfect, and we all experience attachment and desire to some extent - it is easy to give advice, and far more difficult to follow it - but hopefully a clear realisation of the true nature of your feelings - what is love and what is selfishness - will help you on the way to dealing with your situation....

focus on the positive, your love for her, not on the negative, your feelings about yourself.... then when you do see her, you will be meeting her with a truly positive and loving energy. Quality of time spent together counts far more than quantity!

:)
Old 06-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Space_Man

Wise words, howiemac...
Old 08-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Poppies

Yep, that was beautifully written, howiemac! :)

Auricman
You sound very insecure... and I know from experience, that insecure people tend to project their 'needs' on others - and they look to others to make them feel more secure.... I know... because this is something I tend to do!

howiemac's wise words are very appropriate here:
Quote:
focus on the positive, your love for her, not on the negative, your feelings about yourself.... then when you do see her, you will be meeting her with a truly positive and loving energy. Quality of time spent together counts far more than quantity!

Try to identify what feelings come from your insecurity... they don't make you a 'bad' person... but try to separate them from your feelings about her.... then focus on the positive - on what you have with her - rather than on what you don't have with her... or what you feel insecure about....

I know this sounds easy, but what you do have is precious - when you're not with her, look at this precious thing... and treasure it... don't let it become tarnished by doubts and insecurities...
Closed Thread