Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 25-10-2018, 05:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Help in remembering my dreams. Help please

I only get little bits and pieces of my dreams unless it is a vivid lucid dream then I can recall most of it. I read that writing down what you remember could help. Is that true? Anyone have any other tips or tricks?
Old 25-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Guide

Sometimes my dreams are very vivid and I remember the whole dream, then other times I recall only bits and pieces of it. For example, I'll meet someone in my dream and have a very detailed and important conversation, I wake up and remember nothing about this very important conversation other than it was important and what the person looked like. From what I've been told these kinds of dreams are for your soul to remember and are not to be understood on a conscious level when you are awake. While I can appreciate this as a reason for us not recalling our dreams, it's still frustrating!

I started a dream journal just over a year ago. I would write down anything I could remember even if it wasn't detailed. Just recently I went back to my first entry in the journal and read through them all and used a highlighter to highlight common signs, symbols and people I dream about most often. It starts to tell a story through common themes and symbolic meanings that repeat and I can see the bigger picture of what my dreams are trying to tell me. I do a lot of traveling in my dream state and definitely visit other realms, it's quite fascinating.

I would suggest keeping the journal by your bed with a pen...a lot of times I'll wake up in the middle of the night and recall my dream vividly and say to myself oooh I'll have to remember that and write it down in the morning. When I wake up in the morning I forget most of it though.
Old 25-10-2018, 07:12 PM
Knower

What Lucky said. Remembering the dreams comes with exercising your memory, which you can achieve by writing down whatever you remember as soon as awake. You will start with small bits and snaps, but don't be discouraged.
I have kept a dream journal for some time now, still there are long periods of time when I wake up and can't recall anything. Followed by long periods where my dreams are vivid and detailed. I guess sometimes we need to process our life in the "background", so we need to forget. But the will to pay attention to your dreams as a source of inner wisdom is essential to start remembering them, I believe.
Old 25-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Guide

I also feel like our dreams are such a rich source of information and guidance once we get the hang of interpreting them. I'm telling you, I swear once I started this journal my dreams became more vivid...and it's similar to taking notice of signs and synchronicity in our waking life...the more you acknowledge them the more guidance you receive in both dreams and when you're awake.

Not only have I met guides in my dreams but I have also had telepathic dreams from my nephew since two weeks before his birth. It may sound crazy, but every time he is in my dream now I tell my sister (he is only one and a half), she confirms that is exactly what happened the previous night with him or how he is feeling that day. The fact that I no longer dismiss it as "just a dream", they happen more frequently and are more vivid and I truly believe it has opened some new abilities for me.

Definitely get yourself a journal!
Old 25-10-2018, 08:21 PM
Knower

Ditto. I don't know what I would do without my dreams :)
Old 25-10-2018, 08:48 PM
Master

As far as I know we dream on our individual slice of the imagination plane. Our individual subconscious controls what we experience there. Our subconscious controls what we experience when we're awake too, the difference being that when we dream our conscious is asleep, so our conscious memories, imagination and rationalization don't interfere (noise).

We get higher / internal / divine / ... guidance all the time, it is just that when we're asleep we can become more aware of it because of the less noise.

Unless so instructed, our subconscious doesn't download whatever it created into our conscious memory. The best way to give instructions to your subconscious is hypnosis. Naturally, at the moment when your conscious falls asleep there is a narrow window of opportunity to give instructions too, because that is a state similar to hypnotic trance.

You can use either one of these ways to instruct your subconscious to download your dream content into your conscious memory. Your subconscious will oblige.

Journaling attempts to do the same thing, to communicate to your subconscious your intention, just in an indirect way.

In the same way you can try to achieve dream lucidity, and incubate dreams on a specific subject.
Old 29-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you all for your help and information. Tonight I'm going to start keeping a dream journal. I look forward to the progress I can make. Tyvm =°)