Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 31-01-2020, 02:59 PM
Master
I just finished the Malta Exchange by Steve Berry.

What a wonderful story of historical fiction, starring my favorite character Cotton Malone.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:01 PM
Pathfinder
"The Guardian" - Persus;
"The return of the sacred knowledge of katara" - Alexander Milanov;
"The gran piano of the Angel" - Vasil Pekunov;
"Create with Faith & Love" - Diana Mechkova;
"The Sacred Quest" - Ronna Herman;
"You - the manifestation" - encyclopedia Cogitality;
Old 12-07-2020, 04:01 AM
Seeker

The Mind-Gut Connection: How the Hidden Conversation Within Our Bodies Impacts Our Mood, Our Choices, and Our Overall Health

Mind blowing!
Old 12-07-2020, 02:17 PM
Ascender
Shakti Gawain - Creative Visualization

Adelaide Bry - Directing the Movies of Your Mind

Unleash Your Inner Psychic

I get most of my books from torrent sites - I get a lot of them on mp3 as audiobooks
Old 14-08-2020, 11:57 PM
Knower

Within the plethora of material that exists on the CE4 phenomenon, Unholy Communion (2010) is a rarity, as its take on the Grays and their ilk is one highly critical of the motivations of these entities.

Unholy Communion was authored by David Ruffino and Joseph Jordan; the latter, a pastor and member of MUFON at the time this collaborative effort was published.

This fascinating and one-of-a-kind book tells of their appearances at UFO conferences; in attendance to present their own (unpopular) take on Alien Abductions; of the existence of counseling and crisis centers for victims of the experience.

Many have been taught that the so-called visitors are spiritually advanced beings, whose overall purpose here on earth is to facilitate mankind's evolution. There are those who even look up to these nonhuman creatures in an idolatrous manner, viewing them as our potential saviors.

The authors of Unholy Communion beg to differ.

What these authors have unearthed is the commonality among many Alien Abductees (AAs), of their at one time or another having dabbled in the occult, whether via the Tarot or the Ouija. In the cases of which no previous occult interest has been found in the memories of the experiencer, the tracing of one's family history has uncovered parents who were either involved or had an interest in such matters.

Ruffino and Jordan reject the ancient astronauts theory, which alternative thinkers like von Daniken and Stitchin have proposed; firm they are in their belief these otherworldly visitations of yore having been supernatural in nature as opposed to interplanetary.

Here, I had always assumed that, for the sake of argument, if one was to accept the Genesis account as true, that the sin of the first human pair must have ended up corrupting all intelligent life forms in the universe, and not just earthly descendants: hence, the reason for the Lord's divine plan to create both a new heaven (i.e. outer space) as well as a new earth -- so as to restore universal creation to perfection and put an end to entropy. The authors disagree, and conclude that mankind is the only fallen race and therefore, by extension, the only intelligent species inhabiting the cosmos. (Personally, I'm not so sure of that.)

Do these alien visitors know God? Do they ever speak of God? Ruffino/Jordan note that they do not, and observe how they instead preach an alien gospel, whereby one can supposedly attain christ consciousness and either become "a" god or "the" God. This was the sin of pride that befell Lucifer.

The ETs, the authors comment, are the inspiration behind environmentalism, in which mother Gaia is worshipped instead of the Creator, and via the channel of New Age doctrines, a one-world religion is envisioned, in keeping with their nefarious NWO agenda. (Whether the literate and articulate ministers of this "alien" gospel are intelligence agents in disguise, working in lockstep, or unwitting conduits of this agenda, is anyone's guess.)

At the very core of the alien gospel, according to the authors, are lies and deception. These beings, the authors opine, are from a spiritual dimension, what with some of their activity not obeying the laws of physics. Many AAs report being taken to underground bases where men in military fatigues are sometimes present, or to submersible vehicles within the watery abyss.

In the Bible, entities of this nature are referred to as principalities, who have either been on Earth or reside in the vicinity of it, at least since the dawn of civilization. Does the Breeding Program which Genesis alludes to continue to this day, in the form of alien-human hybrids, bred to do the bidding of their fallen masters?

It's of interest to note that at least one UFO researcher, the late John Keel, in his later years had confessed to his feeling that ufology was just another name for demonology.

The authors are self-identifying Christians, so already this book is sure to turn off the majority of potential readers. But when Unholy Communion is read with an open mind, it certainly presents a strong case for its position.

The chapter-length testimonies of various AAs included near the end of the book are especially telling. These are people who, rather than shrugging off their violative experiences and giving in to Stockholm Syndrome, had simply wanted their terrifying encounters with the Grays and their ilk to end. Their success in finally ridding their lives of the ET presence, they say, can be credited to a powerful source and one source only: Their having called on the name of Jesus.

Make of this what you will.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:36 PM
Knower

There's a scientific law which states that energy cannot be destroyed and we know that consciousness is a form of energy.

The naturalist, however, would have us believe that self-awareness expires at the moment of physical death.

There are even certain followers of the Bible who believe this heresy, what with the doctrines of soul-sleep and annihilationism being rather patently unbiblical. These ones opine that such a teaching of an immortal soul conflicts with the idea of a resurrection. What need would there be for one to be resurrected if they are truly dead?, they question. (They point to the passage at Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 as scriptural backing for this belief.)

Solomon B. Shaw's Dying Testimonies Of Saved And Unsaved is a classic work within the literature of after-death studies. This deeply absorbing read was first published in 1898, and yet is not about NDEs but their precedent anomalies, if you will: namely, deathbed visions. The book is a collection of testimonies of what various people have both seen and heard while in the final stages of dying.

One reads of hardened sinners and atheists, expressing their regrets at the lives they led and offering confessions and recantations, respectively. One also reads of witnesses to agape mouths and wide-eyed, transfixed stares of those who supposedly met their unpleasant, eternal fate, instantaneously, upon their transition from a physical to a spiritual body.

In modern times, NDE researchers in general tend to dismiss negative accounts in favor of the Omega philosophy where each and everyone receives a free pass to the pearly gates. Interestingly, Christ talked more about the fate of those on their destructive paths than he did of the afterlife of those on the straight-and-narrow road which leads to paradise.

There are over 200 testimonies contained in this book, some of which are faith-strengthening and others of which may have one immediately taking up exercise and a healthy diet in order to prolong the inevitable.

During the time these testimonies were recorded and collected, it was quite common for people, the aged, to pass away in their bed-chambers, away from the (most likely dismissive) ears of hospital doctors and nurses.
Old 27-07-2023, 12:45 PM
Knower

I would like to highlight a publication that has been in print for some time but is fairly new to me.

Otherworld Journeys (1987) is quite possibly 'the' most important book on near-death experiences ever published, and I state this sans hyperbole.

For decades, make that centuries, prior to medical science and Raymond Moody's Life After Life, there has existed within literature many an afterlife narrative; accounts dating back to medieval times and even earlier. There are the more familiar stories, such as the Egyptian 'myth' of Thoth with its weighing of souls on scales, or Plato's references to Hades.

A substantial portion of Carol Zaleski's Otherworld Journeys, however, concerns itself primarily with medieval and relatively obscure 'return from death' testimonies, culled from various sources of the period, including a look at a fascinating extracanonical text which expands upon the Apostle Paul's out-of-body trips to the celestial (and abyssal) realms, as only briefly alluded to in Scripture.

Whether it's the disturbing 'afterlife' account of a 6th-century hermit as told by pope Gregory the Great or the equally unpleasant 'afterlife' experience of a man named Drythelm as told by an 8th-century scholar named Bede, the common thread uniting all these multiple medieval narratives is a shared imagery, if not topography, highly suggestive of a postmortem world far removed from the warm and fuzzy, soul-inclusive stories common to our predominantly secularized culture. (Think Bosch.)

The latter half of Zaleski's examination compares the notable differences between these nightmarish near-death reports of medieval record with those of contemporary NDE literature; the latter being, it is to be noted, largely and curiously devoid of providential judgmentalism.

No, this book was not authored by a Christian. As meticulously researched by this former Harvard University lecturer (and seeming proponent of evolutionary theory), Ms. Zaleski's academic work stands apart from others in its field and makes for required reading for anyone interested in this subject and willing to examine it from an overall pre-Moody, broader historical perspective.

In the end, the question remains: What is one to make of the striking contrast in afterlife content as evidenced in Zaleski's phenomenal comparative study? Why has the afterlife realm apparently become far more pleasant and heavenly since the 20th century, despite our generally living in a more faithless age when compared to centuries past?

Otherworld Journeys is dense and suffice it to say does not make for light reading, yet I'm glad to have discovered it.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:24 PM
Knower

Patrick Harpur is probably best known for his seminal work, "Daimonic Reality," a regarded classic of metaphysical lore.

A Complete Guide To The Soul (2010) remains my favorite work of his, however, as it speaks to me like no other book has or does; finding in it as I do a kindred soul on practically each and every leaf of my well-worn and multi-creased paperback.

No more am I on the same page as Mr. Harpur than in chapter 8, titled "Soul and Spirit" (specifically, under section heading, "Our double nature") -- its contents a profound piece of sacred text, so very dear to my heart. Verily, it was while perusing this chapter for the first time that it was confirmed for me something I'd always suspected about myself; namely: I am not very spiritual, but I am quite soulful. There is a significant distinction to be made between these two states of inner being, and it is in these cogently expressed passages that these contrasting mindsets/worldviews are explained for us.

I must confess, all throughout my life I've never been all that attracted to spirituality; more enamored I am of down-to-earth soulfulness. Talk of pneumatic transcendence, ascension, higher consciousness, the striving after apotheosis -- none of it interests me in the least. Whereas others dream of becoming pure spirit or attaining to sainthood, the soul in me longs neither to escape nor to degrade the earthly experience, but to embrace the paradoxical nature of what it means to be fully human.

It is in this in-between limbo world, so to speak, neath (spiritual) heaven and above the (soulless) abyss that we discover an enchanting middle ground, also home to the (seemingly protean) daimonic dimension. Here there are no doctrines or dogmas, no absolute truths pertaining to God or the hereafter, but only beautiful words like wonder, contemplation, imagination, and individuation. This path, Odyssean -- winding, embracing of grayness; lateral, instead of hierarchical in its understanding of the various realms and beings in existence.

A Complete Guide To The Soul is positively unspiritual in message and tone (this, not a slight but only a distinction), likely to appeal to those more than content with life's wandering journey, as opposed to questing after some ultimate and utterly unearthly destination point. It is a book geared more to those who prefer the mythical to the mystical, where enrichment is found more among soily rocks than shining stars.

I especially like what Harpur has to say, albeit in passing, with regard to nature worship/fundamentalist environmentalism -- in reference to those often literal-minded folks who make a state-like religion of Earth and, as such, are, or at least come across as, more ideologues than genuine, hands-on Gaia lovers.

Indeed, if movies like Excalibur (1981), Clash Of The Titans (1981) and Merlin (1998) speak to your very essence and infuse your bodily tabernacle with sub-celestial delight -- those cinematic gems full of myth and mist, marshes and moss -- then in said read you will likely find a dear printed companion, one to be savored like a goblet overfloweth with vintage wine.

Here's to twilight.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:32 AM
Master

Janielee……beautiful quote!
Old 02-03-2024, 02:08 PM
Master

If you like Ajan Brahms books you will probably like “The Monk who sold his Farrari”.

Talking of Ajan Brahm. He lives here in Perth and is in charge of the Buddhist Centre. I’ve been on one of his Retreats and it was awesome. The centre is packed out when he runs the meditation on Friday nights.