Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 14-04-2012, 07:33 AM
12padams

12padams - I'm A New Skeptic

Wow, probably not a good way to introduce myself but I have come here to see what you all have to say. I am not going to just say "your wrong" about everything but I won't suddenly become a believer if something slightly coincidental happens.

In case your wondering today marks the day that I have become a skeptic, before this I took coincidental things too seriously. Basically I put all my hope into a small group of people and a date (today). I'm told the thing I was waiting for will happen in September but I am not a person who likes changing dates. If it does happen though I will no longer be a skeptic...

Just to prove I was once a believer you can check out this post I made on a skeptic forum a while ago in order to prove to them that amazing things really do exist but look at me now... I am the skeptic :)
forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=1047.0 - a post of mine before I was skeptic

Currently I am a phase researcher (a scientific name for astral projecting and exploring the astral dimension). Your probably thinking... Wait you can astral project yet at the same time your a skeptic of its existence... Well yes I am. I currently am very similar to William bulhman or Robert Monroe (without spiritual beliefs). I make plans and perform experiments in the astral dimension (I call it the phase). None of my experiments so far have proven that the astral dimension is anything more than a mind creation however.

In case your wondering... When I am in the astral dimension it feels and looks exactly like real life. I can run, fly and touch things as if they were really there and existed in another dimension. I have done heaps of cool things in the phase but nothing such as shared experiences (except for 3 years ago with someone I met on these forums-I lost my account in 2009 due to data lose), telepathic links or seeing things that are really happening in real life.

I currently write eBooks about my experiments/experiences which are all available for free (posting links should be ok right since its not adverting/commercial stuff). The book I would recommend reading if your interested is "Teenage Phase Adventures" because it has all my plans then experiences perfectly set out to read. My other book "Entering The Phase - A 17 Year-Olds Journey" is not recommended unless you wanna skim read it. It has basically everything I have ever done including just my general dreams so don't bore yourself with that unless you really want to. Here's a link to my blog so you can choose which of my FREE books you want to download:
forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.0

If anyone can prove to me that astral projection can be used to see things physically or meet people astrally then I will:
- Become a believer
- Write about it in my books (your name will be recorded and what you did)
- Convert a whole forum of skeptics to believers (Lots of people read my books)

Good Luck everyone! I hope my stay here will be positive and maybe sway me away from my skeptical beliefs :)
Old 14-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Master
Hi and welcome 12padams, yes I am a skeptic also, I have invited people to come to my place and tell me about a certain thing that I had placed somewhere, well of course no one could do it, so I'm still a skeptic, hope you like it here.
Old 14-04-2012, 07:54 AM
12padams

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi and welcome 12padams, yes I am a skeptic also, I have invited people to come to my place and tell me about a certain thing that I had placed somewhere, well of course no one could do it, so I'm still a skeptic, hope you like it here.

Looks like a will remain a skeptic... I will listen to you all but I need proof to believe you.
Old 14-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Master

Welcome to the forum!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 14-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Administrator
Hi 12pAdams

Welcome to Spiritual Forums

Namaste
Old 15-04-2012, 05:01 AM
ladylight

Greetings Adams. May you find all your seeking for.

Blessings!
Old 15-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Master
Welcome 12!

How can you be sure you have explored the real astral, and not a just dreamworld created by yourself?

(what I mean by that is that no matter how much you test or explore you are still going to be stuck in that created world, so how can you prove it to yourself the real astral exists?)

Hope you will start a thread in the AP folder soon
Old 16-04-2012, 07:20 PM
12padams

Quote:
How can you be sure you have explored the real astral, and not a just dreamworld created by yourself?

I have yet to see anything proving a "real astral" apart from the fact that the people I talk to respond to me with replies I don't expect. Where I come from though this is explained away since your subconscious mind can create things your conscious mind doesn't know about.

Anyway I will eventually begin posting in the ap section but I am being a little hesitant because I am worried about something disproving the astral being real occurring which will make me lose the 0.1% belief I have left that the whole astral isn't just a mind creation.

Check out my blog in the second link of the first post and you will discover that I am going to start my second book soon which involves befriending someone in the astral I have never seen before and using them to help me. They will pull me out nightly and show me how to do things in the astral. It will be cool to have a few tours. Eventually I plan to team up with them to kill the creature in my hallway that has haunted me astrally and last of all... Can they awaken in my physical body rather than myself? Let's find out :)
Old 16-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Experiencer
I remember reading some suggestions by Robert Bruce about astral research and I've wondered if anyone like yourself has tried them. Just for the record, while I've have occasionally astral projected, I can't do so intentionally or often.

Anyhow, returning to Bruce's observations, his point is that while there is a layer of the astral that is closely connected to the physical world, it is NOT the physical world. And the more you move around, or travel distances, or go through doors or walls - the more likely you are to venture farther from the physical to the point that little of what you experience will correlate well with the physical world.

Bruce suggested setting up a "target" for an astral projector in such a way that it is in the same room, or around an open corner, but not visible to the projector. In this way, the projector need only move a very short distance, and NOT through walls or doors, to view the target.

Bruce thought the possibility of success in an experiment such as psychoslice suggests - involving cross-country astral travel, without slipping too far away from the physical, was pretty much hopeless.

My personal interest in the astral isn't to gather useful information about the physical world. It's simply a fun place - whether it's a mental creation or not. And even the most avid defender of the reality of the astral would admit (I believe) that enormous amounts of it ARE mental creations.

P.S. Several times when I've astral projected, I have observed scenes that I thought were in the physical world, but when I checked them on coming back to the body, they weren't. However, in several cases, what I saw turned out to be a scene of what that location would look like in the very near future (several days).
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 16-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Master
The only time I looked into use of targets was Susan Blackmore's book, but I could see the flaw straight away, number sequences, these are no good IMO, seeing as the astral body is connected to the dreaming physical and maybe can also be sleeping or half awake itself, image distortion occurs, so think large shape sequences would be better targets eg Circle/square/triangle.

Think it was in Muldoon and Carringtons book where heused thirst to trigger projections and the astral went to the sink for a drink, so if this method is used then the targets could be placed where one usually gets a drink from .

(he also thinks he may have started a metronome moving in another room , and believes it started after he returned to his body , so maybe the astral is slightly ahead in time compared to the physical?)

Still, how do you know you are dreaming or actually awake in the astral, and this specific astral too? I don't know, personally I think I have managed it but rarely and the scene is very mundane.greys and black and white, why should it be colourful, especially at night/early morning??