Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Interesting twist of words, but no: a belief system is nothing more or less than arbitrarily choosing to, say, believe David Icke's theories about reptilians, without having any experiential proof whatsoever.

Whereas intuitive wisdom is knowing that believing or disbelieving in such things makes absolutely no difference to one's inner self-development path.

Indeed, and that is one of the problems with conspiracy theories. There is little proof to support many of the claims. The reptilian royal family is an extreme example of a conspiracy theory. Other theories are less extreme and raise valid questions. Such as the other example I mentioned, the dangers of the MMR vaccination for 15 month old infants. Dismissing all conspiracy theories as being baseless is just as much a belief system as blindly accepting all such theories.

As you say, this makes no difference to one's inner path. But your original point was that yogis do not teach conspiracy theories. I would suggest that one can be a Yogi while still questioning the so-called facts which are presented in the media.

Peace.
Old 30-09-2018, 11:49 PM
Master
The teachings about a Jesus and God are totally bogus, still there are billions who belief those teachings.
The trap presented to the human race is, I (government, different institutions, MSM) call out conspiracy theory and you dismiss it as bogus.

That's the idea behind it.

At some point we all have to learn to use what is called " discernment"
Old 01-10-2018, 12:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
The teachings about a Jesus and God are totally bogus, still there are billions who belief those teachings.

This is a very broad statement. I am not a Christian and I have little interest in the Christian faith, but in the interests of balance, which aspects of the teachings do you consider to be totally bogus?

In the absence of any clarity it sounds like you are just opposing one belief with a different belief.

Peace.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:00 AM
Master
Quote:
The teachings about a Jesus and God are totally bogus
I agree with the previous poster, and your comment here is an example of the point both he and I were making a few posts back. This isn't about arbitrarily replacing one belief-opinion with another. That's not the intuitive wisdom process.
Quote:
At some point we all have to learn to use what is called " discernment"
That's a great comment; simple, clear and to the point. All of this really does this come down to one essential question: With regards to your spiritual path, are you joyfully focused on your personal inner self-development, or are you distracted and disturbed by David Icke conspiracy stories and the like, and are you able to discern the difference?

So with that then, one can confidently state that "The teachings about a Jesus and God are totally" irrelevant to one's personal inner self-development path. Period. And it can be left at that. No need to further concern one's self with whether or not such beliefs are "bogus", because it makes no difference either way.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
Recently I keep hearing about conspiracy theories and having conversations with people who firmly believe in them. A new friend I met at a local group was talking about them and it seems when someone adheres to one they tend to adhere to many. She advised me to listen to David Icke as she feels he is the main source of knowledge of these conspiracies. I had a listen and not sure how to feel now. I've never been someone who has any particular interest in these theories - I guess I'm quite trusting of how things appear to me. For example the moon landing - it had never been crossed my mind that it could be a set up. I'm not sure if I'm incredibly naïve, but I suddenly feel a bit disturbed in regard to many things in life. I'm not silly enough to believe that there is never any underlying agenda - I know that the way the media operate and also how many powers that be behave, show how much society is controlled and manipulated. But despite all that I guess I try to hold onto the goodness of things and people. Are most spiritually minded people convinced of conspiracy theories?

For some reason I've been watching quite a few David Icke videos of late...

The saying "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" comes to mind.

... David seems to go for a conspiratorial angle for almost everything and anything - because that's his job... And while some of it seems ludicrous, he's probably right about at least some of it...

So yeah, overall I regard him as a (somewhat interesting and informative) entertainer, but there's no way I'm swallowing all of his theories whole... afterall, he rarely provides tangible proof - just convenient connect-the-dot coincidences which he then draws some rather fetched conclusions about.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I saw the black helicopters once. Someplace down in florida... i was like oh my what have I done? But I'm with iamthat on this, history (and even science) isn't what they say it is but just leave it alone, there is enough within to keep me satisfied...

Oh ok, i see. Also hello every one.

Quote:
A Yogi would teach discrimation with regards to Maya, yes. As for the rest, you honestly couldn't have provided a better example of what a Yogi would not teach, and of what I was explaining. Royal Family as reptiles -- now there's some serious faith belief.The Church tells us Satan is what is really going on. You and Icke tell us Reptilians are what's going on. That's the problem exactly. All one is doing is switching out one religion, priest and set of tenets for a different one. I was trying to point that out with my comments about why external faith belief just doesn't cut it anymore in this new consciousness-Age we've entered. It's time to evolve our consciousness forward. Whereas merely exchanging/replacing one set of faith beliefs for another is sideways movement at best and even backwards at this point in our collective development.

Its not faith, people get information they process it, they see if it is what is taking place in the world, they look into things and try to make sense of things. It could be looked at as detective work in a way.

Quote:
Interesting twist of words, but no: a belief system is nothing more or less than arbitrarily choosing to, say, believe David Icke's theories about reptilians, without having any experiential proof whatsoever.

Whereas intuitive wisdom is knowing that believing or disbelieving in such things makes absolutely no difference to one's inner self-development path.

Agree with the second part of what you said here. In regards to the reptilian thing though, iv seen a few of David ickes videos have not read his books, but when he says (as mentioned somewhere else in this thread too) ahh here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Indeed, and that is one of the problems with conspiracy theories. There is little proof to support many of the claims. The reptilian royal family is an extreme example of a conspiracy theory. .

That the royals are shape shifting reptilians, i don't know if his said that directly that they can change into them, iv never heard him say that, but he may have. It may not be that they are actually reptilians it may be that they have that DNA on an etheric spiritual level or a specific groups DNA, because within every one we all have DNA and you can go within, see within the blood flowing through your body your whole family tree, its all within, going back years an years.. this is how people are going to remember an peace together the true history of humanity everyone also has this other DNA on a spiritual level aswell and by going into that people can discover what they are connected to, other star systems ect.., because every one has got this stuff. And of course don't take my word for it go do the work.. discover for yourselves if you want, if not already.

By the way i'll also point out that many people from all over the world have had encounters with all kinda of extraterrestrial beings, some similar some exactly the same, so if we have many people having similar experiences... what is that? its not just pulled out of thin air.

Quote:
All of this really does this come down to one essential question: With regards to your spiritual path, are you joyfully focused on your personal inner self-development, or are you distracted and disturbed by David Icke conspiracy stories and the like, and are you able to discern the difference?

Personally i think there should be a balance, of both the self mastery the personal inner self-development and also the doing good in the world part, its more beneficial if people master themselves then help create good things and speak truth and iv spoken about this before the mystics path (or the yogi) and the magicians combining. This way we have people who have mastered themselves and also can create change in the world as well. Even if we take the story of Jesus as mentioned here as well, if you want to say it was real or not or allegories thats up to you but Jesus the character he was exactly this, he was a true anarchist in a universal sense who went against the priest class the governments and the banking system of his time and taught morality and universal law, he didn't just focus on himself. (im not a christian or anything)

So when you say are you focused joyfully on self development or distracted by david icke or worldly affairs, for me i have both. I have joy an self development, but I also weep for humanity and this planet and know things need to change.

Last edited by Nature Grows : 01-10-2018 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Corrected a words
Old 01-10-2018, 10:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This is a very broad statement. I am not a Christian and I have little interest in the Christian faith, but in the interests of balance, which aspects of the teachings do you consider to be totally bogus?

In the absence of any clarity it sounds like you are just opposing one belief with a different belief.

Peace.

I could give you hundred or more points, what would be the point of it?
I don't debate, I don't argue. It's a wast of time, my time.
And besides, whether I know something or simply belief, would be very difficult for anyone to know.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
That's a great comment; simple, clear and to the point. All of this really does this come down to one essential question: With regards to your spiritual path, are you joyfully focused on your personal inner self-development, or are you distracted and disturbed by David Icke conspiracy stories and the like, and are you able to discern the difference?
I don't have a spiritual path, not in this reality, even so my work in this reality will impact on my overall path.

I see David Icke more as someone who shakes some people out of their oblivion, and whether he gets all his fact right is secondary in my view.

Everything in this live can and will distract us to some degree, even a fly on the wall, the question is, for how long. This is the nature of this reality.
Dispassion is an art. A bit like watching life from behind a short wall.

Quote:

So with that then, one can confidently state that "The teachings about a Jesus and God are totally" irrelevant to one's personal inner self-development path. Period. And it can be left at that. No need to further concern one's self with whether or not such beliefs are "bogus", because it makes no difference either way.

Any kind of teachings are like crutches, as our confidence in our own ability grows, we will toss those crutches by the wayside.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:00 AM
Master

Quote:
I could give you hundred or more points, what would be the point of it?
I don't debate, I don't argue. It's a wast of time, my time.
And besides, whether I know something or simply belief, would be very difficult for anyone to know.

In which case there is no point in making a statement that the teachings about a Jesus and God are totally bogus.

Peace.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Guide

Many thanks everyone for your posts. I have been reading them all, but just don't feel I have anything else to add at this time.
Closed Thread