Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 06-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Master

Nonduality and "The Guru".

There is not a state of "Being in Non-duality" as opposed to being in duality, as though it were possible to be in one or the other:) The whole of the manifestation is duality. There is not a part of the manifestation called nonduality that you can be in:)

Whilst in duality, you can encounter a concept called non duality which asserts that despite the very convincing, solid looking, appearance of difference that is duality, ALL is in fact ONE.

Having said that, there is the idea of enlightenment, which is often taken to mean that duality has been trancended and an apparent separate looking person is in fact no longer separate but has rather become One with everything.

But then again its not possible to know whether someone is enlightened or not. There are certain characteristics which are supposed to exemplify it, but the mind can easily construct these and hide behind as the separate self, contradicting every one of them:) It can often be very advantageous for the mind to do this, as there can be many benefits in terms of motor cars and other gifts.

:)
Old 06-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Master
A real guru can share his presence/oneness with another being. Can induce silence, bliss and help remove obstructions.

When in the presence of a real guru.. there is no doubt.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Master
Controversial gurus.

https://m.rediff.com/news/report/pix...s/20141120.htm

I wonder did followers of these gurus feel their presence, sure they did until........ they awakened or the Police/Authorities stepped in.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Master
I wouldn't consider any of them real gurus but thanks again for an uninformative post.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I wouldn't consider any of them real gurus but thanks again for an uninformative post.

No I wouldn't either but the millions who followed them did, that's the sad part. I think it is very informative because vunerable people get caught up in the hype and it can be descructive.

I know people who followed a so called Teacher in a Tibetan Buddhist Branch, very well known, and now need Psychiatric help because of the mind control techniques used, a disgrace to Buddha's teachings imo.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:23 AM
Master

Quote:
A real guru can share his presence/oneness with another being. Can induce silence, bliss and help remove obstructions.

When in the presence of a real guru.. there is no doubt.

We proclaim the amazing ability of the mind to fool us when it suits us, and underestimate it when it doesn't.

Concepts are more trustworthy, at least we know they are made up constructions. We can take the words and the ideas on face value, and resonate with them or not, without being seduced, literally in some cases, by the messenger.

:)
Old 07-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Master
Sounds like you both like to find a few bad apples and apply it to everyone.

A guru doesn’t seduce or tell you what to do.

According to the theory listening to Jesus or the Buddha would have been bad.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Sounds like you both like to find a few bad apples and apply it to everyone.

A guru doesn’t seduce or tell you what to do.

According to the theory listening to Jesus or the Buddha would have been bad.

If you read the very informative post above you will see that SOME do seduce people, that is reality.
Jesus and The Buddha cannot be compared to the charlatans/ seducers mentioned above and there are many more that are genuine ' you will know them by their fruits ' so they say...
Old 07-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Experiencer
The guru who seeks out followers tends to be the one of concern.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 07-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you read the very informative post above you will see that SOME do seduce people, that is reality.
Jesus and The Buddha cannot be compared to the charlatans/ seducers mentioned above and there are many more that are genuine ' you will know them by their fruits ' so they say...

Correct the word is some.

As I have said none of those people are real gurus.

If you would have understood what I meant by sharing presence..

Also sky... why do you have to post in every thread I post on and have to post the opposite of what I post?

I have never met a person who is a spiritual teacher put down other teachers as much as you.

Amazing stuff.