Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 18-08-2019, 05:33 PM
John32241 John32241 is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lowell, Massachusetts
Posts: 3,937
  John32241's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
***

Would you say then as of your understanding, that the word or concept of oneness be replaced by the word ‘interconnectedness’ as more accurate?

***

Hi,

No I would not. Especially in India where oneness is understood a lot better than in other cultures.

I relate a lot to that energy of oneness with self. It is an intimacy. We have dark aspects of self as well as those divine aspects within us. That is not a connecting kind of thing. It needs to be inderstood as aspects of the whole self which we are.

Now applying that to All that Is in the same way is the goal. For that to happen the "I Am" needs to be fully embraced. The science of entanglement applies. A very hard intellectual adjustment to make for the brain works with things from a kind of isolation which in my view is fear based. The intellect will resist where the heart wants to go.

John
__________________
My web site: Spiritual Academy

http://www.spiritualacademy.info/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 18-08-2019, 07:42 PM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,394
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
I already tried to ask this question in another thread but I apparently formulated it in a mistakable way, so here is what I actually meant:


Does each human being has his own soul or do we all have one soul in common?


Since some of you use unfavorable definitions of words I have to make clear that:
With “SOUL” I denote the thing, mechanism, or structure that underlies (generates) our conscious experiences.

Such questions, and replies, are interesting to ponder. As the answer is elusive, more useful is to think about how either possible "truth" would affect you here and now. What would you do differently in each case?

I believe that our relation to our souls (the essences that incarnated as us) is similar to the relation between the characters-in-our-dreams and us-the-dreamers.

From that vantage point, as all the characters-in-my-dream "live" only in my dream, similarly all the characters I interact with in this "real life" are creations of the essence-that-incarnated-as-me.

As the characters-in-my-dream are based on characters from this "real life", similarly the characters I interact with in this "real life" are based on distinct essences from the realm where the essence-that-incarnated-as-me resides.

What is the implication of this model for me? I (the essence-that-incarnated-as-me) am the creator of my reality here and now. I am here to learn and practice being a creator. My thoughts and emotions are the tools I use, and have to learn to master them. I'll return here over and over until I succeed at that.

More concretely, and practically, I can't blame anybody else, neither here on Earth, nor a God, for what's happening in my reality.
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 18-08-2019, 08:07 PM
utopiandreamchild utopiandreamchild is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Posts: 292
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
We each have our own soul but we are all one in the fact that we all come from spirit.and we all go back to spirit.


Namaste

The goal is to unify the spiritual and the physical and to live eternally that's what we're here for in my knowledge. Amen
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 18-08-2019, 08:14 PM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,394
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Science says that we are basically made from the same things that the rest universe is made of, so, it's clear that we are all connected, not just us, humans, but every single thing, alive or not alive.The building blocks of the universe are found in each one of us, you can say that we are the universe.You know, at the lowest level we are all just energy, of course, you can go deeper and here is where the quantum realm kicks in.We are aware of our existence, right? It's fair to assume that the universe is aware of its own existence, after all, we are the made from exactly same things.
Your post enticed me to reply, but after a few attempts I've erased, I'll just say that your understanding of "how things are" (related to the topic of this thread) is way off mine, and none of your arguments stands, in my opinion.
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 18-08-2019, 09:24 PM
ThatMan ThatMan is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 463
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Your post enticed me to reply, but after a few attempts I've erased, I'll just say that your understanding of "how things are" (related to the topic of this thread) is way off mine, and none of your arguments stands, in my opinion.

I just offered the view that science offers, these are facts.You know, there are so many theories, let's take a look at what science has to say.

I know my answer is a bit off, but this can be a starting point.
__________________
Christ is the absolute truth.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 19-08-2019, 12:31 AM
utopiandreamchild utopiandreamchild is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Posts: 292
 
Love makes us one. Hate devides us. Which would we rather. Praises.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 19-08-2019, 09:35 AM
Siemens Siemens is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 178
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Science says that we are basically made from the same things that the rest universe is made of, so, it's clear that we are all connected, not just us, humans, but every single thing, alive or not alive.
The building blocks of the universe are found in each one of us, you can say that we are the universe. You know, at the lowest level we are all just energy, of course, you can go deeper and here is where the quantum realm kicks in. We are aware of our existence, right? It's fair to assume that the universe is aware of its own existence, after all, we are the made from exactly same things.
Science also says that there is no god, no soul, no reincarnation and no beyond. So you can’t set much store on science.
I rely on logic and observation. But the problem is that today’s science is more like a religion than a system that is searching for truth. I think you didn’t notice our discussion about the virtual character of matter.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 19-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Siemens Siemens is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 178
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
we have a unique soul however that soul is entangled with everything else. The concept of oneness is that everything is connected and harmonized.

vs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
No I would not [say that the word or concept of oneness be replaced by the word ‘interconnectedness’ as more accurate]
To be connected or entangled with something doesn’t mean that you are ONE with that something, no matter how connected you are.
At least by my understanding the word “one” means that two or more things are one-and-the-same.


If you take the parts of a car which comprise ONE car as an example you couldn’t say that the steering wheel and the exhaust pipe are one. They are unique parts that are interconnected. In this view I would prefer that terminology.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 19-08-2019, 10:10 AM
neil neil is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ♡AUSTRALIA♡
Posts: 985
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
vs.


To be connected or entangled with something doesn’t mean that you are ONE with that something, no matter how connected you are.
At least by my understanding the word “one” means that two or more things are one-and-the-same.


If you take the parts of a car which comprise ONE car as an example you couldn’t say that the steering wheel and the exhaust pipe are one. They are unique parts that are interconnected. In this view I would prefer that terminology.

Yep..my understanding of it all is that we are only connected via, creators magical matter of the universe. As it flows around & through us, however we are individual entities & unto ourselves.

We are all individuals of the invisible Soul'self & not linked with each other, Unless we want to link with someone, but we will still be individuals as we do that.

Just for anyones considerations.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 19-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Strangerthanfiction Strangerthanfiction is offline
Knower
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: On Gaia.
Posts: 127
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
I already tried to ask this question in another thread but I apparently formulated it in a mistakable way, so here is what I actually meant:


Does each human being has his own soul or do we all have one soul in common?


Since some of you use unfavorable definitions of words I have to make clear that:
With “SOUL” I denote the thing, mechanism, or structure that underlies (generates) our conscious experiences.

In my view there is only one consciousness which is behind all matter. The universe to me is mental. When it comes to humans we have individual souls but all human souls is each a different part of one single human soul in my view. Human souls wasn't once human souls. We have progressed to develop our souls. From molecules, then minerals, then plants, then animals and then evolved to what become humans. Animals has a group soul consciousness also known as a hive mind. Individuality may exist in some forms with hive minds too but lesser. When it comes to consciousness in my view consciousness is all one consciousness because there is no separation. There is the illusion of separateness but there isn't really any separation. Although there is only one consciousness still each soul has its own split off conscious awareness but its because its focused in that form known as the individual soul. Although conscious awareness is split off it is still one because there is no separation. This is only my opinion.

Last edited by Strangerthanfiction : 19-08-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums