Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 18-08-2019, 08:20 AM
Siemens Siemens is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 178
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
***
Interconnected yes
About one ... doesn’t seem so ... yet

***
&
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyious
I believe we are just a drop in the ocean
&
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Souls are unique to the individual

Okay, this is what I believe too.
But some describe it as if we all were literally one – in so far as that the thing that makes my conscious experience is the same thing that makes yours or anyone else’s conscious experience. How can I refute this assertions?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
We each have our own soul but we are all one in the fact that we all come from spirit.and we all go back to spirit.
So then we are not actually ONE but rather the individual parts of ONE.
Like the parts of a car are not one but they together make up one car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
We have both[: we have our own soul and we all have one soul in common
In what way?
And what do you understand by a soul?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If you're looking for something to make more sense of this, try Gestalt Reality because there you'll find God explained. If that doesn't suit you, try the Sacred Geometry of the Vesica Pisces as a basis for the Buddhist Egg of Life and the Tree of Life - with a dash of fractal geometry thrown in for good measure if you like. In the mood for something far more simple? In Africa they have the phrase "Ubuntu", which means "I am because we are." That's the 'seed'.
I do not think much of any other approach than logic and inner and outer observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What are the reasons I believe the Soul is an energetic structure that can exist independently of form?
I would be grateful if would use a more universal terminology. What is “form”??
The term "form" is normally understood synonym to the term "structure".
So why should I think that the “soul [as] an energetic structure exists independently of form” since form = structure?

If you refer with form to our perception of matter the answer is:
It’s highly plausible that the soul can exist independent of matter because I found evidence that there is reincarnation. If there is reincarnation there necessarily has to be something that outlasts our biological body (=matter/form). The thing that outlasts (and therefore exists independently of) our biological body is what I call soul.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 18-08-2019, 09:44 AM
Greenslade Greenslade is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,678
  Greenslade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
I do not think much of any other approach than logic and inner and outer observation.
You're using the egoic mind to try to figure out if something exists that is beyond the egoic mind. You're trying to use form to understand what is formless, is that logical or reasoned?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
I would be grateful if would use a more universal terminology. What is “form”??
The term "form" is normally understood synonym to the term "structure".
So why should I think that the “soul [as] an energetic structure exists independently of form” since form = structure?

If you refer with form to our perception of matter the answer is:
It’s highly plausible that the soul can exist independent of matter because I found evidence that there is reincarnation. If there is reincarnation there necessarily has to be something that outlasts our biological body (=matter/form). The thing that outlasts (and therefore exists independently of) our biological body is what I call soul.
You yourself used the word 'form' in your second post, so you define 'form'. Form in Spirituality is anything physical, generally. Consciousness - what the Soul is supposed to be - doesn't have form in any definition, it's metaphysical. The physical body has form.

We don't actually know if there is such a thing as reincarnation, just because it's a popular belief it doesn't make it the truth. Reincarnation is dependent on linear time, and time isn't linear. All of time is happening all of the time and all of time affects all of time all of the time. Reincarnation might work within a human framework of linear time but to the Soul if we have one, not so much. I think I've had seven Lifetimes here but have I really? And if all of time is happening all of the time then those reincarnations are still alive and kicking, so how can I be in two places (or in my case seven) at the same time? If memory is independent of the brain/mind as science seems to think it might be, am I accessing 'my' memories or the memories of other 'mes'?

The thing is, I don't actually disagree with you on this, being a medium I'm either in contact with the Souls/Spirits that have passed over or I'm delusion just like all the other mediums/sensitives. Talking of the Soul might be a wonderful thing to do and it gives us a warm, fuzzy feeling to think that there's something after death, but the problem with Spirituality is that there are far too many Universal Truths that contradict each other.

And if we are One, what are the reasons I don't know what you had for breakfast? We might never have known each other existed had it not been for this forum, so what does that tell you?
__________________
"Take your legacy and understand what has gone before. Make a new tomorrow in Love, Light and Faith."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 18-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Emm Emm is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,413
 
I agree that we are both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
So then we are not actually ONE but rather the individual parts of ONE.
Like the parts of a car are not one but they together make up one car.
I think of it as similar to the parts of our physical body, each atom, cell or organ has its own individual function but is equally in unison with the workings of the body as a whole. As with our own soul, we have our own individual line of inquiry that adds to the expansion of the All
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 18-08-2019, 11:40 AM
Greenslade Greenslade is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,678
  Greenslade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
So then we are not actually ONE but rather the individual parts of ONE.
Like the parts of a car are not one but they together make up one car.
You should have Googled Gestalt Reality because that explains what's going on. The phrase "The sum of the parts is greater than the whole" explains it, but in Gestalt Reality the sum of the parts is a whole new being. Like your 'parts' A part/aspect of you is your Soul, another is your brain, mind, consciousness, subconscious..... All those parts create you as a whole being, and if one of them was taken out of the equation you'd fall apart. Add a touch of Fractal Geometry for visualisation and "We are One," because you and every other individual is a part of the bigger fractal pattern. You are a fractal, the people that are on this thread can be thought of as another layer of the fractal and so on until you get to God him/her/itself.

Or you could do some Sacred Geometry with the Vesica Pisces, Buddhist Egg of Life and Tree of Life. It's all bigger picture stuff and different perspectives or ways to understand the same thinking.

If you prefer something simpler then they have a saying in Africa - "Ubuntu," which means "I am because we are." Inter-relationships and inter-connectedness of individuated aspects of God/Universe/Source. Here's the doozy though. This "We are One" assumes that the perspective is that we are individuals trying to work out how We Are One. Another belief is that we are individuated aspects of the One/God/Source, so we are not individuals thinking We Are One, we are One thinking we are individuals. In that context you have it backwards.
__________________
"Take your legacy and understand what has gone before. Make a new tomorrow in Love, Light and Faith."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 18-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Legrand Legrand is offline
Knower
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 228
  Legrand's Avatar
As some very few human bodies on this planet may be aware of each individual cell that constitute them, it does not mean that each cell of such a body will be aware that the whole body is aware of them. The same goes with our human bodies and the Universe consciousness.

The question remains, for our monkey minds, to know if our individual soul and the universe soul are Unborn or not. And why the Unborn or Nothing decided to Be in creating this the Universe? Or did It create the Universe? Was the Universe always there or is it just a pulsation of the Unborn or Nothing?

Enjoy!
__________________
*********
The One Existent, the illuminated seers speak of variously - Rig Veda
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 18-08-2019, 12:38 PM
John32241 John32241 is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lowell, Massachusetts
Posts: 3,936
  John32241's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
I myself do NOT believe that we all are one. I believe that I have a soul that is different from the soul of other humans beings.
I believe that my soul is an energetic structure that could exist relatively independent from, for example, your soul.

Hi,

Yes we have a unique soul however that soul is entangled with everything else. The concept of oneness is that everything is connected and harmonized.

John
__________________
My web site: Spiritual Academy

http://www.spiritualacademy.info/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 18-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Unseeking Seeker Unseeking Seeker is online now
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: India
Posts: 2,911
  Unseeking Seeker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

Yes we have a unique soul however that soul is entangled with everything else. The concept of oneness is that everything is connected and harmonized.

John

***

Would you say then as of your understanding, that the word or concept of oneness be replaced by the word ‘interconnectedness’ as more accurate?

***
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 18-08-2019, 04:15 PM
weareunity weareunity is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 334
 
Hello all---?!

I think the statement "All is one" can be understood by a person as a statement of logic, then may become a concept--sthg to ponder on, then may become viewed as an interconnectedness across time and space, then perhaps that person senses their part in that interconnection---at this point beginning to accept the reality of what that might entail, and then perhaps deciding to begin to live that reality in thought, word and deed.--as always--stumbling notwithstanding. at some point--maybe not dependant upon time but upon other factors which may influence that process--inspiration, guidance, love itself, sudden insight from experiences encountered etc.--at some point that person real---ises. the concept becomes reality for that person.

Oneness is not waiting to happen--it just is. what is waiting is for us to come consciously into that reality.

Some will have considered the role of love/loving in connection with coming into that reality.

petex
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 18-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Siemens Siemens is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 178
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
We don't actually know if there is such a thing as reincarnation, just because it's a popular belief it doesn't make it the truth.
Three more reasons (beside evidence for reincarnation) why I believe that the soul exists independent from matter are that I made experiences that revealed to me that I am a soul. I experienced something that was unlikely produced by my brain. For example, I can sense my chakras, which are not part of my physical body. Secondly, I make the experience that my life follows a specific plan. I observe that my life is pre-planned from a higher metaphysical perspective, which implies again that the soul exists above and independent of matter. Third, and most striking, from a mathematic perspective it is very likely that matter is a virtual simulation, this implies necessarily that our souls do exist outside matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Consciousness - what the Soul is supposed to be - doesn't have form in any definition, it's metaphysical.
Who says that metaphysical things don’t have form (in the sense of structures)?
Metaphysical things, of course, have structure.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Form in Spirituality is anything physical, generally.
There is a simple way to reduce misunderstandings:
If you talk about physical things call them “physical things” not “form”.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 18-08-2019, 05:19 PM
ThatMan ThatMan is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 462
 
Science says that we are basically made from the same things that the rest universe is made of, so, it's clear that we are all connected, not just us, humans, but every single thing, alive or not alive.The building blocks of the universe are found in each one of us, you can say that we are the universe.You know, at the lowest level we are all just energy, of course, you can go deeper and here is where the quantum realm kicks in.We are aware of our existence, right? It's fair to assume that the universe is aware of its own existence, after all, we are the made from exactly same things.
__________________
Christ is the absolute truth.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums