Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16-08-2019, 12:03 PM
ketzer ketzer is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,938
  ketzer's Avatar
Artificial Intelligence

Artificial intelligence

We think of artificial intelligence as something created through the use of electronics and complex programming. A product of the calculating machines we create. However, looking at the latest psychological and neurological research, an argument could be made that human intelligence is also a kind of artificial intelligence. A product of the electronic calculating machines that nature and evolution have created.

Is human intelligence a kind of artificial intelligence?
If not, then what makes it different from other kinds of artificial intelligence?

If so, then is there a deeper, non-artificial kind of intelligence, and what is it, and where does it come from?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16-08-2019, 11:54 PM
utopiandreamchild utopiandreamchild is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Posts: 393
  utopiandreamchild's Avatar
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Artificial intelligence

We think of artificial intelligence as something created through the use of electronics and complex programming. A product of the calculating machines we create. However, looking at the latest psychological and neurological research, an argument could be made that human intelligence is also a kind of artificial intelligence. A product of the electronic calculating machines that nature and evolution have created.

Is human intelligence a kind of artificial intelligence?
If not, then what makes it different from other kinds of artificial intelligence?

If so, then is there a deeper, non-artificial kind of intelligence, and what is it, and where does it come from?

Intelligences will only go as far as the mind can percieve. Limited perception limited intelligence. Intelligence is infinite at its most Devine. Knowledges are unique as Per head would have it. The only way to get around that is to know everything. Amen
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17-08-2019, 04:38 AM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 19,429
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Artificial intelligence

We think of artificial intelligence as something created through the use of electronics and complex programming. A product of the calculating machines we create. However, looking at the latest psychological and neurological research, an argument could be made that human intelligence is also a kind of artificial intelligence. A product of the electronic calculating machines that nature and evolution have created.

Is human intelligence a kind of artificial intelligence?
If not, then what makes it different from other kinds of artificial intelligence?

If so, then is there a deeper, non-artificial kind of intelligence, and what is it, and where does it come from?




I think the notion of intelligence is actually based on sentience, and to date, machines can sense and calculate but don't express sentience, that is, conscious awareness of experience/thought.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17-08-2019, 05:25 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 5,676
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think the notion of intelligence is actually based on sentience, and to date, machines can sense and calculate but don't express sentience, that is, conscious awareness of experience/thought.

You are 100% correct: at least in this time period.


If a person is using a computer and the user makes a mistake and a pop
up window tells them what to do...... Is that an example of a
computer program or AI?
Answer: computer program.

But then, if a person presses the tab key when they should have depressed
the right key and the computer makes the correction. Is that an example of
a computer program or AI?
Answer: computer program.
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17-08-2019, 08:53 AM
John32241 John32241 is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lowell, Massachusetts
Posts: 4,112
  John32241's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
If so, then is there a deeper, non-artificial kind of intelligence, and what is it, and where does it come from?

Hi,

My understanding is that the highest intelligence is love. It comes from the Creator who designed our form of human existance.

I have done computer programming with the intent of establishing what we call smart programs or AI. Over the years I have seen how a person's outlook on life will create their reality. I have also noticed that those things can be reprogrammed.

My belief is that the human intellect can become elevated through the practice of compassionate acts. For those who practice kindness have a more evolved point of view in my mind on a great many things.

John
__________________
My web site: Spiritual Academy

http://www.spiritualacademy.info/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-08-2019, 05:42 PM
utopiandreamchild utopiandreamchild is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Posts: 393
  utopiandreamchild's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

My understanding is that the highest intelligence is love.

John
True...Amen
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18-08-2019, 05:17 AM
ocean breeze ocean breeze is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,103
  ocean breeze's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer

Is human intelligence a kind of artificial intelligence?

I would say all intelligence is somewhat artificial. As in "made up."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
If not, then what makes it different from other kinds of artificial intelligence?


As mentioned in comparison to electronics. We can experience and relate emotionally.

Quote:
If so, then is there a deeper, non-artificial kind of intelligence, and what is it, and where does it come from?

I feel there is a deeper level of intelligence which is widely overlooked. Which comes from a deeper level of understanding and awareness. Once i've better developed that then maybe i can put it into words and express it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18-08-2019, 11:52 AM
John32241 John32241 is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lowell, Massachusetts
Posts: 4,112
  John32241's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I feel there is a deeper level of intelligence which is widely overlooked. Which comes from a deeper level of understanding and awareness. Once i've better developed that then maybe i can put it into words and express it.

Hello,

This higher self connection which many seek needs to be a love bond to work properly. Many times we over intellectualize this relationship.

The inclination is to direct the higher self (human reasoning) instead of letting it take control. That is because our human state of being is insecure. However if the focus can shift to a love bond, with trust in the higher self being the objective, then a really productive relationship can be established.

It does take time and effort to invest in such a thing. The intellectual objection to this can be very strong. That divine love from the higher self is recognizable when that human love for the higher self is present.

John
__________________
My web site: Spiritual Academy

http://www.spiritualacademy.info/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18-08-2019, 09:03 PM
ocean breeze ocean breeze is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,103
  ocean breeze's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

This higher self connection which many seek needs to be a love bond to work properly. Many times we over intellectualize this relationship.

The inclination is to direct the higher self (human reasoning) instead of letting it take control. That is because our human state of being is insecure. However if the focus can shift to a love bond, with trust in the higher self being the objective, then a really productive relationship can be established.

It does take time and effort to invest in such a thing. The intellectual objection to this can be very strong. That divine love from the higher self is recognizable when that human love for the higher self is present.

John

Hello,

When people speak of higher self, i don't know where they are coming from. Same as love as that meaning varies from people to people. In your reply it appears as higher self is human reasoning. This correct? And one needs to form a love bond with this human reasoning. Is this correct or did i misunderstood?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18-08-2019, 10:33 PM
John32241 John32241 is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lowell, Massachusetts
Posts: 4,112
  John32241's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Hello,

When people speak of higher self, i don't know where they are coming from. Same as love as that meaning varies from people to people. In your reply it appears as higher self is human reasoning. This correct? And one needs to form a love bond with this human reasoning. Is this correct or did i misunderstood?

Hi,

The higher self represents divine reasoning, not human reasoing like our intellect.

True the term higher self does mean various things to different people.

That love bond needs to be with your divine aspects of self not your intellect.

John
__________________
My web site: Spiritual Academy

http://www.spiritualacademy.info/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums