Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-09-2019, 03:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
If people worship a book, then they may already be in trouble.

If they find a God through experience they may ascend quicker.

If a person picks apart something to no end they may be left with pieces.

You can put pieces together to get a bigger picture
Old 16-09-2019, 03:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Very true, and if a person reads more then one book they will become 'more rounded out'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-09-2019, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Tithing .
I wonder sometimes if Noah was a Master Carpenter, good with a hammer and nails, God seem to have changed his mind regarding his character.
NO, NO, NO!
Everybody gets that wrong.

God was going to destroy all the animals, plants and especially all of the people......
but then Noah got God to sit down and play a few hands of poker. The rest is history.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Master

Quote:

what if the assembled picture is a paradox and impossible to believe? something strange and unexpected
that is the gnostic assertion that God is everywhere and nowhere and is a complete mystery, which Christ came to reveal
what is called 'Orthodoxy' rejects this in favour of the rational and comprehensible, and portrays God in a one sided way, but this didn't come from Jesus. He spoke against this
So Sky, your questionning views do seem to align with Jesus according to a gnostic understanding except that i'm not sure if you recognise the profound paradox of the mystery to see how, where and why Christianity has it's origin and how it has its own unique identity, essentially in the fall from paradise representing pre-fall spirituality
Old 16-09-2019, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
what if the assembled picture is a paradox and impossible to believe? something strange and unexpected
that is the gnostic assertion that God is everywhere and nowhere and is a complete mystery, which Christ came to reveal
what is called 'Orthodoxy' rejects this in favour of the rational and comprehensible, and portrays God in a one sided way, but this didn't come from Jesus. He spoke against this
So Sky, your questionning views do seem to align with Jesus according to a gnostic understanding except that i'm not sure if you recognise the profound paradox of the mystery to see how, where and why Christianity has it's origin and how it has its own unique identity, essentially in the fall from paradise representing pre-fall spirituality

I don't see any ' Mystery ' and I most definitely don't see Christianity as being ' Unique ' sorry
Old 16-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
If people worship a book, then they may already be in trouble.

If they find a God through experience they may ascend quicker.

If a person picks apart something to no end they may be left with pieces.

Those are good points.

While I liked all three points, I particularly liked the last point as people often spend their lives tearing things to pieces without searching for what is of real and lasting value.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:48 PM
Newbie ;)

Book1 Concept of Sin

I believe that for you to understand the originality of sin you should and need to know the concept of sin. Sin is sin to whom the instruction is given.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:30 PM
Master

Quote:
I don't see any ' Mystery ' and I most definitely don't see Christianity as being ' Unique ' sorry

if you don't see mystery I can't make you see it according to your world view, this can only come from yourself. But Christianity is unique, which goes against the modern attempt to make all religions the same (which has failed). They do worship the same God in the end, but do so uniquely. The unique idea of liberty and personal freedom with compassion at work
Old 04-10-2019, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
if you don't see mystery I can't make you see it according to your world view, this can only come from yourself. But Christianity is unique, which goes against the modern attempt to make all religions the same (which has failed). They do worship the same God in the end, but do so uniquely. The unique idea of liberty and personal freedom with compassion at work

Yes the Uniqueness of all different Religions is perceived by the ' Unique Individual '.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
NO, NO, NO!
Everybody gets that wrong.

God was going to destroy all the animals, plants and especially all of the people......
but then Noah got God to sit down and play a few hands of poker. The rest is history.

That is absolutely hilarious ! You have such a unique way of making your points.