Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-07-2018, 10:09 AM
Master
Is....

Is evolution compatible with Christianity?
Old 05-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Is evolution compatible with Christianity?

There's only one answer to your question - Yes, absolutely. But not only to Christianity but to all beliefs and life in general.

In fact just this morning I have, under Spiritual Development/ 'So God wants us to be perfect - right', added a few words which may be of interest.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
There's only one answer to your question - Yes, absolutely. But not only to Christianity but to all beliefs and life in general.

In fact just this morning I have, under Spiritual Development/ 'So God wants us to be perfect - right', added a few words which may be of interest.

Yes I agree that it is all ' cause and effect '. I was reading an article referring to what Pope Francis said, he said that God was not a magician with a magic wand He would have been hung drawn and quartered a few hundred years ago for that type of speech, thankfully we have moved on butj you will still find some who will deny evolution.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:54 PM
Master

Being a Christian means believing the Bible and the Bible clearly says God created the world in six days. The word "day" can mean a longer period of time than a literal day, but this can't be true of the creation days because each of them consists of an evening and a morning. Unfortunately evolution has become such a part of our culture that many Christians believe we have to accept it. In fact the fossil evidence which many accept as proof of evolution is the result of the world wide flood described in the Bible.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Master
Sky123 - you said yourself that we tend to create our own reality. Darwin observed that life on earth probably undergoes natural selection and evolution over very long periods of time. No one alive can witness evolution happening because it take millions of years to occur. There is strong evidence that evolution happens.
However in my own life I see evidence that magic plays a big role in life. I also see evidence that powerful spiritual forces are at work. There are very strong arguments for all sorts of realities being true. Evolution being just one of them.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Master
The old fashioned Christianity is at odds with evolution. However modern spiritual people (Christians included) can accept the notion.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:42 PM
Master
It's a bit ridiculous. Assessing that dinosaurs lived alongside humans.
Dismissing the geological finds of different ages involving levels of strata, and which indicate varying climate conditions.
But, here is the question... why is it imporant to Christians if a day is a 24 hour period, or an, "age"?

When modern science since Einstein tells us that time is illusory? Based upon the orbit and revolution of the planet?

We, in this material plane of things are creatures of the physics and dynamic of this planet. All of which involves a, "fall".
One must consider the greater reality, involving the timeless, or eternity.
Eliminate what is illusory and what have you, but Creation? "Time" here, shouldn't be wasted on the creation/evolution debate. There are more important things for the believer to occupy themselves with.
You think?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Sky123 - you said yourself that we tend to create our own reality. Darwin observed that life on earth probably undergoes natural selection and evolution over very long periods of time. No one alive can witness evolution happening because it take millions of years to occur. There is strong evidence that evolution happens.
However in my own life I see evidence that magic plays a big role in life. I also see evidence that powerful spiritual forces are at work. There are very strong arguments for all sorts of realities being true. Evolution being just one of them.

Yes some do believe in magic, I myself believed in magic as a child but as an adult my reality contains no magic but I do believe in Scientific evidence. Can evolution be compatible in Christianity was the queston... I personally believe it can be.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
It's a bit ridiculous. Assessing that dinosaurs lived alongside humans.
Dismissing the geological finds of different ages involving levels of strata, and which indicate varying climate conditions.
But, here is the question... why is it imporant to Christians if a day is a 24 hour period, or an, "age"?

When modern science since Einstein tells us that time is illusory? Based upon the orbit and revolution of the planet?

We, in this material plane of things are creatures of the physics and dynamic of this planet. All of which involves a, "fall".
One must consider the greater reality, involving the timeless, or eternity.
Eliminate what is illusory and what have you, but Creation? "Time" here, shouldn't be wasted on the creation/evolution debate. There are more important things for the believer to occupy themselves with.
You think?

' It's a bit ridiculous. Assessing that dinosaurs lived alongside humans '

Archeology would prove you wrong... The evidence is there is stone for all to see. I thought you followed and believed the biblical teachings ?

The Book of Psalms, the Book of Jeremiah, and the Book of Ezekiel all give additional verses that support what the Book of Job has already stated. Psalm 64:13 says, “You divided the sea by Your strength; You broke the heads of the sea monsters in the waters.” And “you divided the sea by Your strength; You broke the heads of the sea monsters in the waters” (Psalm 148:7). Isaiah the prophet describes a gigantic beast as both a dragon (Isaiah 51:9) and Leviathan (Isaiah 27:1). I urge you to read other verses like Psalm 74:13, 91:13, and 148:7 and also Jeremiah 51:34 and Ezekiel 29:3 and 32:2. You won’t see these at the zoo; they are long gone. However, there is a substantial amount of anthropic, paleontological, and historical evidence for the coexistence of dinosaurs and man. There are the fossilized footprints of humans and dinosaurs found together at the same places and at the same time in North America and West-Central Asia. Even though there aren’t many like this, it seems clear that the prophets, the psalmist, Moses, and Job wrote of these dragons, beasts, leviathans, or behemoths as if they had seen them. How else could they have described something in such finite detail if they hadn’t seen them with their own eyes? One example is the Book of Job, which describes these dragons or beasts as someone giving an eyewitness account.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Being a Christian means believing the Bible and the Bible clearly says God created the world in six days. The word "day" can mean a longer period of time than a literal day, but this can't be true of the creation days because each of them consists of an evening and a morning. Unfortunately evolution has become such a part of our culture that many Christians believe we have to accept it. In fact the fossil evidence which many accept as proof of evolution is the result of the world wide flood described in the Bible.

So Theo do you think it's compatible?