Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-04-2019, 01:32 AM
Master
What the personality (body/mind/spirit) perceives has most of the time very little to do with what the soul/spirit perceives and/or intents.
Old 19-04-2019, 05:12 AM
Master
not any more than wishing a punch to stop will stop your face from hurting as you get punched in the face.

I could wish and wish and wish, it's not going to stop what is.
Old 19-04-2019, 06:32 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
People like most intellectuals, engineers, medics, that deny spirit, who want to end their existence after death such as ceasing to exist after their brain dies because going unconscious forever. Will they actually stop existing because they wished, thought and think so?

It is quite an assumption you have made that most people with such jobs deny spirit. Whatever a person believes, an mind that is open to being mistaken is perhaps most conducive to learning and development. However, fear of not knowing what is round the corner is a natural human instince and belief being seen as knowledge counteracts that fear. This is why, whether they are scientists or spiritualists, people believe whatever they believe to be real.

My belief that something continues after death brings me comfort, but I am open to what form that may take and feel interested in other views.
Old 22-04-2019, 11:06 PM
Master

If you were a parent would you give your toddler a gun because he asked for it? Sure energy can be reformed. Deciding to end your existence isn't something that is allowed until every option has been tried.
Old 22-04-2019, 11:18 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
People like most intellectuals, engineers, medics, that deny spirit, who want to end their existence after death such as ceasing to exist after their brain dies because going unconscious forever. Will they actually stop existing because they wished, thought and think so?

Some people want oblivion in the next life. Neither conscious of Hell nor Heaven.I dont think this option is avaialable to be honest. Possibly our job is to accept and transcend any suffering we have in this life.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:06 PM
Knower

So, what happens with someone skeptic that says life has no meaning, that considered this life mundane and really wants to stop existing after death?