Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Master
As I observe it the universe really doesn't care. Millions of people suffer, and I can use the example of the Black Death that showed poor and rich alike ((providing a significant issue to any speculation on karma or 'god's will')) will be claimed by a dangerous bacteria. This bacteria does not care, it does what it needs to survive regardless of the victim's wealth or lack of wealth, religious beliefs, position in society, good or bad deeds, etc.

But that's not where this stops of course, because we however, do care..! And that is what is important here. While the universe doesn't care this does not give us an excuse to not care. We are caring, personal beings.. oblivion in act and thought isn't the answer!
Old 13-04-2019, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
My dear friend..

Some have been through the wringer SO much, they have totally lost their heart and are looking for a reason...just ONE reason... ANY reason to keep going, but their "faith in humanity" betrays them every time.

Yes, I have become bitter...but I guess that tends to happen to old people when the "best years of their life" are well and truly behind them and death is the only thing they have to look forward to because living in this world is just way too painful now and topping themselves is seen as a great sin.

I just want to be with my ancestral tribe, partaking in religious sacrament whilst extolling the virtues of the "Great Spirit" to the beat of drums...is that too much to ask?

...and no, I would NEVER get bored of that.

Let's put it another way...I don't give a damn about anything or anybody else BUT God, because I can feel His love for me course through my veins. Do I get that same "vibe" with mankind? nope.

Then God says "why do you NEED other people? Isn't My love for you enough? Just forget them all and what they do! you righteously don't have to give a f*** either and on My word! because the fact that others don't care should be proof that you belong to ME alone!"

Talk about Divine Possession...

So yeah, I should really give up expecting humans to be any different from the glorified apes they truly are and just love and trust in Shiva more.

Hi Shivani Dev,

I tell ya, I hold faith in the divine. At times share it and place in my words and understandings, but still hold wonder and unknowing. Which keeps things interesting.

I used to expect others to understand and get frustrated when felt they did not.
At times it was just me digging in my heels and being stubborn not to let the other have his/her ways.

Have moved on from all that. The thing I discovered for myself is to not expect things from others. Forget about it, lol. When I let go expectations, it loosened me up.

I am here to live this life, what comes to me over and over again. Then ask, got that part, now what? Well, life brings what is needed at the time it is needed and up to me to notice it or not. Which for me takes some kind of caring.

I have been fortunate to have others come into my life and be in my life who give me support. I know not true for all and many struggle.

When it comes to what rises deep inside, then it is another story. Some can be shared, but in the long run it is only meant for me and others may not relate because it is not theirs. So, if they get it, cool, if not no big deal.

I can get the longing to be united once more with loved who have passed on from here. Age can bring wisdom, but also brings the aches and pains of not only body and mind, but of adjusting to a changing world.

I have not given up and refuse to do so. Some things, ha, most things are not in my control anyways and does not matter what I may expect, will do what it will.

Just sharing some views here and do respect yours. Wanted to express myself.

You share what comes to me at present something so much deeper and personal that only you and God can possibly know or atleast relate to.

For me, will continue on and do my best to be kind and help those who may ask, if possible. But this is choice given.

Thank you for sharing, friend
Old 13-04-2019, 03:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
You would soon get tired of that.
You may recall how Adam plucked the apple - well, he too eventually got bored in Paradise so chose the one way to break the never-ending routine of tilling the ground and his fear of being alone should Eve fall off a cliff.
He didn't commit a sin - he acted out of free will. Which is what all these 8 billion people do who disturb your desire to live what you think would be a spiritual life.
The song 'What a Beautiful Noise' tells how the singer loves just that. Some people don't want daffodils in the fields, they prefer the smell of petrol and rubber- burned roads. They live in the same world as you and make up that what you call 'the masses' and what monarchs call 'the Hoi Polloi'.
Just as you do. So be careful.
You see we are all in this together and the way it is is what we through our thoughts and actions created. We, you, me, we are a collective, we live in colonies just as seals do but we call our colonies homes, or villages, towns, cities, countries, continents - and we call our planet 'Earth'. Within these collectives we lead individual lives and not being in Paradise for which we so dearly long we have to make something of it. And we have, we have created chairs, cities, aeroplanes, ball-point pens, washing baskets and all that material stuff which we desire and find good. We have taken all these materials from the Earth. There is nothing that doesn't come from the ground below us. The masses of which we are part carry the signs of our desires and wishes, some of the results we call bad and others good. Unfortunately what is good for you can be bad for me - there are no truths - everyone is right. The energy we call God (for want of another name) has given us our freedom.
Whatever stage the world is going through is part of our evolution, another word really for karma. These stages, some peaceful, some horrible, some which make us despair and some which make us happy are of our collective choice.
Think of the path we have travelled, the stem the human race forms carries with it the whole of the planet's history. The branches and leaves, whichever name you want to give them, represent the way we reach out into the future where to misquote Emerson, (with a slight divergence), 'the so-called weaknesses of mankind will allow the forest to grow wild and so offer shade and fruit to wide neighbourhoods of men and women.'

We are sharing our experiences, of all kinds, with 'God', because 'he' cannot live them as we do, not being 'here'.

We are on our way.

Hope this helps.
Thanks and ya know... I am starting to get it.

I was never given the free will to love God or NOT to love God...the latter was never an option for me.

Similarly, others have not been given any free will to make the choice to care or not...it is not that they DON'T care...it's that they CAN'T care...they were never really taught how...they were born and raised not knowing any different. Their parents probably couldn't care either.

Most times, we have absolutely NO conscious control over what we do and what affects us, as it is the result of karma from previous births combined with subconscious impulses from THIS one. We are nothing more than glorified automatons in the Matrix...believing we are thinking and acting for ourselves.

For years and years, my heart ached to hear those "three little words". Only God knew the aching in my heart and He said them, when it should have been a "non brainer" for those who claimed to be close to me...I tried saying it a few times myself...nothing...then I learned what "selective mutism" is and understood that the epidemic is actually a selective sensory dysfunction caused by a whole host of psychological and developmental disorders...so it becomes: "until such times as I understand what giving a f*** actually means, put me down as not doing so".

Meanwhile, I really don't have anything that a LONG vacation from the "real world" can't fix...I should start saving my pennies for a trip back to Bali...I am like the proverbial "fish out of water" in the Western Culture and I need to find a place where others prefer daffodils over diesel fumes and I counter "Beautiful Noise" with the "Sounds of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel.
Old 13-04-2019, 03:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
You would soon get tired of that.
You may recall how Adam plucked the apple - well, he too eventually got bored in Paradise so chose the one way to break the never-ending routine of tilling the ground and his fear of being alone should Eve fall off a cliff.
He didn't commit a sin - he acted out of free will. Which is what all these 8 billion people do who disturb your desire to live what you think would be a spiritual life.
The song 'What a Beautiful Noise' tells how the singer loves just that. Some people don't want daffodils in the fields, they prefer the smell of petrol and rubber- burned roads. They live in the same world as you and make up that what you call 'the masses' and what monarchs call 'the Hoi Polloi'.
Just as you do. So be careful.
You see we are all in this together and the way it is is what we through our thoughts and actions created. We, you, me, we are a collective, we live in colonies just as seals do but we call our colonies homes, or villages, towns, cities, countries, continents - and we call our planet 'Earth'. Within these collectives we lead individual lives and not being in Paradise for which we so dearly long we have to make something of it. And we have, we have created chairs, cities, aeroplanes, ball-point pens, washing baskets and all that material stuff which we desire and find good. We have taken all these materials from the Earth. There is nothing that doesn't come from the ground below us. The masses of which we are part carry the signs of our desires and wishes, some of the results we call bad and others good. Unfortunately what is good for you can be bad for me - there are no truths - everyone is right. The energy we call God (for want of another name) has given us our freedom.
Whatever stage the world is going through is part of our evolution, another word really for karma. These stages, some peaceful, some horrible, some which make us despair and some which make us happy are of our collective choice.
Think of the path we have travelled, the stem the human race forms carries with it the whole of the planet's history. The branches and leaves, whichever name you want to give them, represent the way we reach out into the future where to misquote Emerson, (with a slight divergence), 'the so-called weaknesses of mankind will allow the forest to grow wild and so offer shade and fruit to wide neighbourhoods of men and women.'

We are sharing our experiences, of all kinds, with 'God', because 'he' cannot live them as we do, not being 'here'.

We are on our way.

Hope this helps.
Except the masses are killing the planets ability to sustain life so I guess both options do not work as well.

You might get bored with peace, tranquility and unity but after many many lives you may also start to get quite board with this separation through ego.

I think that is all Shivani is displaying symptoms of.
She has grown weary of this skript and that is ok. Hopefully her next incarnation will be in a more harmonious society.
Old 13-04-2019, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thanks and ya know... I am starting to get it.

I was never given the free will to love God or NOT to love God...the latter was never an option for me.

Similarly, others have not been given any free will to make the choice to care or not...it is not that they DON'T care...it's that they CAN'T care...they were never really taught how...they were born and raised not knowing any different. Their parents probably couldn't care either.

Most times, we have absolutely NO conscious control over what we do and what affects us, as it is the result of karma from previous births combined with subconscious impulses from THIS one. We are nothing more than glorified automatons in the Matrix...believing we are thinking and acting for ourselves.

For years and years, my heart ached to hear those "three little words". Only God knew the aching in my heart and He said them, when it should have been a "non brainer" for those who claimed to be close to me...I tried saying it a few times myself...nothing...then I learned what "selective mutism" is and understood that the epidemic is actually a selective sensory dysfunction caused by a whole host of psychological and developmental disorders...so it becomes: "until such times as I understand what giving a f*** actually means, put me down as not doing so".

Meanwhile, I really don't have anything that a LONG vacation from the "real world" can't fix...I should start saving my pennies for a trip back to Bali...I am like the proverbial "fish out of water" in the Western Culture and I need to find a place where others prefer daffodils over diesel fumes and I counter "Beautiful Noise" with the "Sounds of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel.

I understand a lot of what you say here. Only disclaimer is I am in love with humans too, I cannot, not love. No free will about that either. I cannot not give a ****. :)

I see god in all of them, in tiny glimpses then their ego thickens and god is buried. Like you said though they have no choice, they know no different. Their belief in the layers of ego and separation keeps them from hearing the truth of our unity.

I like you crave to be back on the other side. I am a fish out of water too.
Here in the flesh we have the chance to commune with other parts of god in the flesh but they keep god buried so deep that its unfortunately a rare treasure when experienced.

Anyways not much help but know at least you are understood.
Love to you. Much love.
Old 13-04-2019, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
I understand a lot of what you say here. Only disclaimer is I am in love with humans too, I cannot, not love. No free will about that either. I cannot not give a ****. :)

I see god in all of them, in tiny glimpses then their ego thickens and god is buried. Like you said though they have no choice, they know no different. Their belief in the layers of ego and separation keeps them from hearing the truth of our unity.

I like you crave to be back on the other side. I am a fish out of water too.
Here in the flesh we have the chance to commune with other parts of god in the flesh but they keep god buried so deep that its unfortunately a rare treasure when experienced.

Anyways not much help but know at least you are understood.
Love to you. Much love.
Thank you my dear and much love to you also.

There is a bit of a "backstory" behind this most recent flare up...it's a bit weird, but I also know you will understand. I am open to share with one willing to receive.

I am an intellectual mostly and I love philosophy and surviving by my wits...my heart hardly ever enters into the equation unless it has been given a reason (i.e. my ego has been dropped for long enough) for that to happen.

People are always telling me to "lighten up" and "not be so serious" before criticising me, judging me and/or complaining about me with their very next breath.

For ages I have said "all I want is friendship...and for me to 'lighten up" you need to act like a friend and not an enemy" but this has never made any difference.

All I wanted was to like people and to be liked in return, but when it came to people, my love was conditional, or else I realised very quickly that my emotional needs for inclusion, understanding and acceptance were never going to be met...and year in and year out, everybody proved me right.

Until about a month ago, when a new member on here made some posts saying how much she appreciated me and enjoyed my work. I was immediately taken out of my head and placed straight into my heart...overcome with both humility and gratitude...two emotions which are pretty much foreign to me, because it takes the heartfelt, caring praise of another to trigger it inside me.

I was able to relax around her, let go, lighten up a bit...totally shift focus and this was very nice for a change and I told her so, thanking her for her caring concern which meant so much to me.

Today, she makes a post saying that after speaking with another member on here, she realised that all she had been doing was "stroking my ego" and she would stop doing it because it was not helping me...

Of course, I said "that's cool...I understand...your decision....I respect it..." but inside, I was going "what the hell?...serves me right for opening up my heart to another person" and I made a thread about it.

I am over it now...it's obvious that some just don't mean what they say and I am just a magnet for it....one day, I am going to quote people but put my own words in the quotes to pretend I read that instead...that should be a fun exercise...
Old 13-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Master
Oh wow, that was not helpful or kind.

Can I say, people that are nice to you on instinct then listen to someone else and take their word so stop are not in tune with their heart. It’s not about you. They do not trust their original instinct. We all have stuff to work through, especially here because most are just coming out if an unconncious state and haven’t processed much of their ego or shadow yet. Still there are nice moments between the shadows appearance. Sometimes that is all we get.

Also if you don’t mind me saying the brain is ego just as much as the emotion is. Spirit can certainly use both but the heart when balanced channels light that it sounds like we both want to see in this world in friendships and loved ones, society as a whole. So don’t be afraid to embrace yours.

It sounds like your heart may be wounded repeatedly and instead of it healing it instead put up some walls. I understand that impulse. I would say most of the world could relate. It sounds though that your heart knows the truth about how we should treat one another and it doesn’t let you forget. :)

Maybe listen to your heart, I am working with mine so one day it hopefully won’t close when it is hurt or scared. If we can channel the light reliably maybe we can help more people learn to do the same and maybe like a virus it will catch and Eden may be right here on earth again. <3

Don’t take it personally that people have loved you poorly, that is the only way most people know how to love. Remembering/awakening early is a ——- but someone has to start the current that will become a wave that will flood the dry parched land. (((((((((((((Hugs Hug)))))))))))))
Old 13-04-2019, 06:54 PM
iorek65

Passive aggressive frustration doesn't lead to authentic connection.

Confidence and self direction does. People smell desperation for affection and push it away.

Part of the point of my post is that real care doesn't come from the universe (the universe doesn't care as someone articulated here already). The universe is empty and hollow.

Beta orbiting these beings of mysterious divine and the physical universe and holding on to hope that it will make things better is a losing game.

Playing the Eckhart Tolle hand and hoping that a magical force of the universe will give you something on a silver platter is a losing game.

You do what Will Smith said -- you create what you want in spite of these beings and forces and in spite of the universe.

You don't make a difference because the universe loves you -- you make a difference in spite of the universe.

Real love and care originate from outside the universe -- isn't that obvious when you see all the suffering and justifications for passively watching it the angels and light beings make? They're pulling the wool over your eyes.
Old 13-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iorek65

Confidence and self direction does. People smell desperation for affection and push it away.

Part of the point of my post is that real care doesn't come from the universe (the universe doesn't care as someone articulated here already). The universe is empty and hollow.

Beta orbiting these beings of mysterious divine and the physical universe and holding on to hope that it will make things better is a losing game.

Playing the Eckhart Tolle hand and hoping that a magical force of the universe will give you something on a silver platter is a losing game.

You do what Will Smith said -- you create what you want in spite of these beings and forces and in spite of the universe.

You don't make a difference because the universe loves you -- you make a difference in spite of the universe.

Real love and care originate from outside the universe -- isn't that obvious when you see all the suffering and justifications for passively watching it the angels and light beings make? They're pulling the wool over your eyes.

Another perspective is that the universe cares. We are given gravity, food, bodies that are dynamic and healthy when in balance with nature, soil that without human intervention would refresh itself endlessly, water, beautiful rivers, streams, oceans full of fish and plants, landscapes teaming with more and medicinal plants and fungi everywhere, never mind the scenery to nurture the mind, heart and spirit.

So many wonderful things to share amongst a conscious species who instead chose to build systems of control and oppression, hoarding and throwing the entire system out of balance. We’ve been doing this since we began as semi conscious species.

People unfortunately do not care. Most. We perhaps need to all start caring a lot more not less.
The universe cares. This is all not just chance. :)
Old 14-04-2019, 12:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iorek65

What I would like to know...

Why the aversion and often, open hatred towards those who are desperate for affection? What makes a puppy different from a person in this regard?

According to spiritual people, having the desire to feel loved and secure is wrong somehow and all I want to know is why? Is it because I don't deserve to be loved? because that is the logical conclusion that most people make who don't receive it.

...and where do other people get off saying they know what is best for me as an excuse to behave without love and kindness? no...they are doing what is best for them, but their own ego won't let them admit it.

Why are most (not all) people who call themselves "spiritual" the most judgmental, critical, egotistical and think they know what is best for everyone creatures on this planet? When I am given love and affection, I grow and thrive...when I am not, I wither and die...and it is as simple as that.

Human beings have not been forthcoming with providing it because "wanting to be loved" is a sin (for some unknown reason), however, Source is never short of this precious commodity and says "you need love and affection don't you?.come hither my beloved"...so, the universe provides me with everything that people cannot....and that should be enough, right?

To tell you all quite honestly, I am pretty much over this whole "spiritual" trip and "being spiritual" because I realise that I am not...nothing like it!

I realise that not everything is a "lesson I need to learn".
I realise that I am not responsible for the way people act towards me, so "looking within to find out why" is pretty much futile....they may have just had a bad day.
I realise that wanting to be loved is not a bad thing...and where is the love that "spiritual people" have anyway? or is that love conditional based on another's perceived need? ie, I will only love you if you don't expect that I will, or else I will hate you?

Nope, I am not a spiritual person and never was, really...at least I can remove my head from being up my own a$$ occasionally to get a good look at the scenery.