Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-04-2019, 11:52 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
How I know so much about my soul? Well, I AM my own soul and you're reading right now what it has to say. Although I am far from perfect, I know that I'm not that much of an idiot that I deliberately screwed up my Earth life before birth. Someone or something else has to be behind it, and should I discover that I live on after death without a body, I will find the ones responsible and let them know what I think about it all.

I wouldn't say that my life is literally worse than other people, but if I had to give it a grade it would definitely be below average. There are many things going on which I also prefer not to discuss with anyone else, but I hope you are right that this nonsense ends someday. Preferably as soon as possible in this lifetime.
If there's one piece of advice I could give you is to listen to Abraham Hicks. Although I know nothing speaks like personal experience, she was the one person I found after one such experience to be as close to my own truth as I could find. I've found a video a while ago with a question I needed answers to which I'll leave for you if you wish to see it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUepTVVjxuU ...its about a woman who had an out of body experience. I had one too some years ago now but unlike the woman in the video I wasn't in any danger but can relate to so much of what she was explaining. Being in a place of no time, knowing that my consciousness was my greater self and viewing my physical reality from a vantage point much higher than where I was physically standing.

Now I know no one can convince another of a truth without having had experienced something similar but I know without doubt we are eternal, the physical self is but a speck of who we really are. There are so many videos of Abraham out there that can answer your questions. One thing I do know now, we may feel small here and sometimes powerless but that's not who we really are...we are sooooo much more and its aligning our selves with that greater self where we gain inspiration, love and empowerment.
Old 29-04-2019, 05:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
If there's one piece of advice I could give you is to listen to Abraham Hicks. Although I know nothing speaks like personal experience, she was the one person I found after one such experience to be as close to my own truth as I could find. I've found a video a while ago with a question I needed answers to which I'll leave for you if you wish to see it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUepTVVjxuU ...its about a woman who had an out of body experience. I had one too some years ago now but unlike the woman in the video I wasn't in any danger but can relate to so much of what she was explaining. Being in a place of no time, knowing that my consciousness was my greater self and viewing my physical reality from a vantage point much higher than where I was physically standing.

Now I know no one can convince another of a truth without having had experienced something similar but I know without doubt we are eternal, the physical self is but a speck of who we really are. There are so many videos of Abraham out there that can answer your questions. One thing I do know now, we may feel small here and sometimes powerless but that's not who we really are...we are sooooo much more and its aligning our selves with that greater self where we gain inspiration, love and empowerment.

Are you refering to the Higher Self so many people on SF talk about? Do you believe that the Higher Self is the actual soul and consciousness that lives on after death, instead of the consciousness we experience right now?
Old 29-04-2019, 11:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Are you refering to the Higher Self so many people on SF talk about? Do you believe that the Higher Self is the actual soul and consciousness that lives on after death, instead of the consciousness we experience right now?
Higher Self, Soul, Source, Inner Being, Consciousness...take your pick lol. Soul is non physical, you are part non physical , part physical. The physical part has the freedom to choose what to think...when it chooses to align its thoughts with that of the non physical part of you thats when miracles happen...its how you become a deliberate creator.

The higher self and you are in constant connection, the higher self sees things from a broader perspective...which I guess is why we think of the after life as seeing things from above looking down but that puts a kind of distance between the truth of it really. In truth HS, is within you. All we need to do is connect to that higher source, inner being.

How do we do that? Check how you're FEELING...we talk about being high, low, depressed, elated and so on. Those are our vibrational states. Source is always HIGH lol and will never come vibrationally down to meet you, instead it wants you to lift yourself up vibrationally to meet it and thats where the connection takes place and you see what it sees...according to what you are asking for. We have the freedom of choice as to whether we want to go it alone or connect...in truth we are never not connected, just not in a place to hear/sense what is being given to us. Source answers us all the time but unless you've pick up the receiver and listen you're never going to hear it.

How do we hear or listen to our inner being? Quieten your mind, stop that incessant self chatter and feel/sense what is going on within you. As thoughts come ...feel/sense whether that thought is one that excites you or depresses you...follow if you can always the one that excites you. Source tends to send breadcrumbs leading you to where you want to go through that feeling state...its like its saying "come this way"...it will never say "don't go this way"...that's the human mind.

The language of source is inspiration, excitement, joy, love, elation in any degree you feel it. The more you sense and respond to those feelings the easier it gets and the stronger the sense of connection. Your emotions are is your inner guidance. So if you feel bad, you know that what you are thinking is not what your Soul is thinking about the same thing. You are in effect out of alignment.

Well I hope I've answered your questions lol. But seriously listen to Abraham Hicks...she is funny and you always feel uplifted listening to her as well as getting some answers...the rest is up to you, you have to do the work if you're not satisfied with how your life is going. You are the only one that can change it...not through effort of doing but by listening for that higher thought. That's when you attract better things and the worst things no longer can affect your reality.
Old 30-04-2019, 05:36 AM
Knower

Quote:
I wouldn't say that my life is literally worse than other people, but if I had to give it a grade it would definitely be below average.
+
I didn't chose any of this. No way in a billion years would I deliberately screw everything up for myself if I knew what the concequences are going to be like.
Okay, so what you say actually is that your ability to suffer and your motivation to develop are that low that you would never wilfully choose experiences that are below average - not even temporary and no matter what your developmental gain would be.

Don’t you denigrate yourself?
Old 30-04-2019, 11:15 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
Okay, so what you say actually is that your ability to suffer and your motivation to develop are that low that you would never wilfully choose experiences that are below average - not even temporary and no matter what your developmental gain would be.

Don’t you denigrate yourself?

Not really. Whatever kind of developmental gain you may be talking about, to me it's simply not worth it. I don't believe in reincarnation and past lives; you only live once. So I prefer to make the best out of it instead of living a third grade life as some kind of martyr for the sake of spirituality. What would I gain anyway? A special seat within a cute choir of angels in the afterlife?
Old 30-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
Hi,

I’m thinking about spiritual themes since decades. One of the questions I’ve been thinking about is: What is love?

I come to the following conclusions:
(1) Love is smaller than Happiness. Because the purpose of all life is the pursuit of happiness and love is just one type of happiness beside many other forms. So Love is a subset of happiness.
(2) How should we then define love? Apparently, love is just a state of consciousness. A state defined by two features: First it feels good. Love is primarily a feeling that is pleasurable. Although it would seem that the other person we love generates this feeling in us, the “love-feeling” is created to 99% within the individual itself. The second constituting element of love is that the individual who is experiencing love has the wish to care about the loved individual or entity.

Love = a good feeling + the wish to care about someone or something else.

In the case of personal love “someone” could be our husband, wife, kid, parent, sibling, friend, neighbour ....
In the case of universal love the “something” could be the planet, humankind, or universe.
I believe love is a complex powerful emotion on the same level as spiritually. Many say spiritually doesn't exist because it's not physically proven. Like spiritually, love cannot be seen, smelled, or tasted. It can only be felt.
Old 30-04-2019, 05:43 PM
Master
I've just read this: The love that you withhold is the pain that you carry.
Old 30-04-2019, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I've just read this: The love that you withhold is the pain that you carry.

That is very true, Josephine..
Old 30-04-2019, 07:27 PM
Knower

Quote:
I don't believe in reincarnation and past lives
Oh – I see. I thought you would believe in reincarnation. If we don’t share a common premise our conversation is obsolete.
Old 30-04-2019, 07:49 PM
ImthatIm

The clear crystal with facets refracts the full spectrum of visible light.