Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 16-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Master
Unrequested readings

I am seeking some clarity regarding people psychically reading others here in the community without consent/when the reading has not been requested?
I have visited several other sites over the years and it is against forum rules to 'openly' read another member in the community if they have not requested it. I have observed that happening here regularly and the 'reader' discloses what they consider is an accurate reading of that person, and the ensuing discomfort it causes is often quite apparent. Personally I am of the belief that it is unethical and is a breach of privacy/confidentiality, however i realize others may not see it in that light.

Feedback much appreciated ... thanks in advance
Old 16-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Master

I certainly agree. Giving people a reading without their prior consent is pretty much like giving open and unsolicited feedback on said persons clothes, body, family line and sexuality - only worse, because in this context it includes rummaging through that someone's files and wardrobes as well. Rude doesn't even begin to cover it.
Old 16-03-2013, 04:20 PM
I also agree....I haven't seen it, but believe what you saw, sound.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Quagmire

I am not sure it is always about making a reading of others, sometimes it is just looking at what people unconsciously throws in your face. But maybe an example (and a fictive one is fine) would help so I know exactly what we talk about if I should be capable of responding accordingly.
Old 17-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Seeker
How are these psychic readings being conducted? Is the reader becoming lucid in the astral dimension and then researching issues and circumstances about the target person? Are the results being disclosed in the public forum, by private messages, or by both means?

My impression is that giving an unrequested psychic reading to someone runs a risk of taking on the target person's karmic burden. Thus, the person who is giving the reading may be the one who is negatively affected (and not the person being read).

Sometimes people make a public post concerning an experience or problem they have encountered and ask for advice or insight from other members. If other members give their intuitive evaluations of what the possible problem and solution might be (with no warranty of correctness), then does this constitute an inappropriate reading?

Was my previous post to Light Blue (in the General Paranormal section) an example of an inappropriate reading (where I thought that his computer might be infected with a virus or Trojan malware program based on an intuitive evaluation of the evidence that he provided)?
Old 17-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Neville

Unsolicited readings are rude and invasive.a violation of a kind.

They demonstrate an acute lack of spiritual self discipline and are very much discouraged here. all instances of anyone receiving an unsolicited reading , even just a sentence or two, even if they are laughably inaccurate. should be reported to staff in the first instance.
Old 17-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Master
Thanks for clarifying Neville ...

Hi A Wrinkle in Time,
I was not making any reference to you in my opening post and am not able to answer the questions you have posed sorry ...

I guess it involves having a chat with someone and they start claiming/telling you what you are thinking and feeling, and why you said what you said etc. You communicate that you dont want them to openly 'read' you and make statements about you, and they ignore your pleas and continue on regardless. They often argue that they are accurate in their assessment of you, even when you share that what you are experiencing is very different to their account. They make assumptions, and draw conclusions about you, and suggest that you have issues and fears, and suffer due to your lack of awareness, all in the course of a brief chat on the open forum ... hows that for an example?

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old 17-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Quagmire

Yes I understand that and if they do not listen to you when you ask them to stop then that is harassment and that is the drawer you put it in. I think assumptions are made by many (if not all) on these forums.
Old 17-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes I understand that and if they do not listen to you when you ask them to stop then that is harassment and that is the drawer you put it in. I think assumptions are made by many (if not all) on these forums.
I agree wholeheartedly ... we all make assumptions at different times, under many different circumstances.
i guess the primary concern is that the readings are not requested. When a reading is requested, the sitter acquiesces what is offered. There exists a mutual understanding of what is taking place. If readings did not have the potential to violate then there would be no such need for requests, and (in this community) no need for a forum created specifically for that purpose, however the need has been identified right back in the early days, and is considered 'best practice' for very obvious reasons.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Old 17-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Michael29

I dont mind personly anyone that does a reading for me, but my wife draws cards for me and ive done it with her myself a thew times.. its interesting i find it fascinating, i really dont mind when it comes to myself, but i know that others can take a reading to heart and at times it "May" upset them, but when people ask they get you know.. give or take in this world.

As for people who dont ask and get well.. i dont quite agree with that as it depends on that persons state of mind at the time of it happening. I know the sites to which you are reffering to as well.. and im no reader =) lol.