Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Closed Thread

Old 26-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
I think its just etiquette, if I see someone having a reading I do not interrupt..

You could also say it is not etiquette to take up a public space for yourself For myself I could care less either way; I do not live in a world of etiquette.
Old 27-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Experiencer

I gave up on the chat rooms, far too cliquey for my liking
Old 27-03-2013, 12:38 AM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid68
I gave up on the chat rooms, far too cliquey for my liking
Wow! Really? You drew this conclusion on one or several visits? Do you mean members knew each other? Yes, a lot of them do but there's always a steady influx of new people and we are a friendly, welcoming bunch! Care to try again without pre-judging the situation?
Old 27-03-2013, 01:02 AM
Master
FYI: the history comes up blank if you are not also logged into the forums. As the forum timeout is short, it would cause the chat history to be blank a lot of the time. Curious as chat window continues to work fine when logged out of the forums as long as you don't try to switch rooms.

P.S. if chat gets changed, please pick a light background color so phone users can play along too.
Old 27-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I did not ask for a room where just one couple can talk. Hundreds can be there and I won't care, as long as there is no public chatting there.

A chatroom where chatting isn't allowed... Fer real?
Old 27-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Master
I'm pretty sure you cn open a private chat window in any of the current rooms
Old 27-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Master

I sympathize...I have read the logs when White Warrior is helping someone connect to their guides, and it is really fabulous, but when people "pop" in, I can feel it is hard for them to stay in the flow of that. Everyone is very nice to the *popees* but it does disturb the reading.

since this is occuring in the reading room, maybe a simple pop up bar in the chat that says "reading in progress" so people that enter know to be *quiet* until it is over. I have *seen* people give cards readings in the reading room, and the same thing happens. To be fair to the *popees* they don't mean to interrupt, but since it is a reading room, I am sure there is a button or something that someone giving the reading could push (sort of like *play*) so anyone hitting the Chat Button, when looking at the reading room would see *reading in progress* or something. Or maybe, the reader could type in bold in capital letters before starting the reading, Reading in Progress and copy and paste that as the reading goes along, for people to know, so if they just want to chat, they can go to the General chat room.

I think the reading room is an awesome thing to have, and very interesting to watch a reading - either in progress or through the history.
Old 27-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
I sympathize...I have read the logs when White Warrior is helping someone connect to their guides, and it is really fabulous, but when people "pop" in, I can feel it is hard for them to stay in the flow of that. Everyone is very nice to the *popees* but it does disturb the reading.

since this is occuring in the reading room, maybe a simple pop up bar in the chat that says "reading in progress" so people that enter know to be *quiet* until it is over. I have *seen* people give cards readings in the reading room, and the same thing happens. To be fair to the *popees* they don't mean to interrupt, but since it is a reading room, I am sure there is a button or something that someone giving the reading could push (sort of like *play*) so anyone hitting the Chat Button, when looking at the reading room would see *reading in progress* or something. Or maybe, the reader could type in bold in capital letters before starting the reading, Reading in Progress and copy and paste that as the reading goes along, for people to know, so if they just want to chat, they can go to the General chat room.

I think the reading room is an awesome thing to have, and very interesting to watch a reading - either in progress or through the history.

If they want to do a reading in a public room then what would you expect?
Old 27-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Michael29

*Bump*

Im bumping this as we heard nothing more of this topic for along time.
Was the other mods informed? i read that you was going to ask them Innerlight.

Seeing as nothing came out of it did you forget, or rather what was the verdict? i have to ask because BlaB! needs some serious updating done if the verdict has come to not using another platform. I dont know what version you are using, i do know that its very out of date though and has alot of bugs/glitch's.

There is hardly any support for Phone's browsers, just yesterday my wife was pming me on chat from her android for example, and all of a sudden it seemed as if she had logged out or got dropped, but she kept on talking and when i tried to pm her i was issued with a "user not online"

As for people timing out over and over which seems to happen alot, WhiteWarrior said it could be down to people timing out due to not posting on the forums, well i did a lil test regarding that theory and came up empty as there is no timeout period in place, so i know this not to be the case.

The history log most of the time loads whenether it wants to, opening the link in a new window seems to help some (Sometimes) its a varied situation really.. i dont know what the site was originaly supported for im guessing IE, because the lack of support with mozilla,chrome,netscape - the list goes on is quite large indeed.

The web chat seems to work fine on Ie, but you still do occasionly drop, as i said i dont know what version of BlaB! you are using.. but all in all ive read the changelog over the past year and there have been significant updates over the past year alone.. so that might simply be where the problem lays.
Old 27-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael29
There is hardly any support for Phone's browsers, just yesterday my wife was pming me on chat from her android for example, and all of a sudden it seemed as if she had logged out or got dropped, but she kept on talking and when i tried to pm her i was issued with a "user not online"

if you both have phones, why does your wife need to PM you from chat ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Closed Thread