Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 12-03-2012, 01:31 AM
drake

woman making hissing sound. Demon!?

So the first time I encountered this strange phenomena I had a job caring for an old woman, cooking her meals and such, and sometimes I would spend the night there, but when I did, I would often get freaked out by the old woman who would get up in the middle of the night and pace around the house making this terribly disturbing hissing sound followed by a mix of some kind of mumbling and very articulated words saying things like, "edit, kill the stupid edit" and they would just hit me with this terribly angry energy... it was really freaky. If I got up and in the night to ask her how she was doing she would suddenly be sweet and nice again, but the moment I would leave the room to go back to bed I would hear the hissing and angry talk again. This woman was always very gentle and sweet to me during the day but I had heard stories of how every other person her son had hired to help her had been driven out by the woman, yelling at them and calling them fat edit and such.

Anyway, I was recently at a local business, its like a spa kind of, has exercise equipment and electric massage tables and such, and anyway, I got a phone call so I quietly answered my phone in a low voice when this older woman laying on one of the electric tables suddenly hissed at me with great ferocity and in the same kind of quiet but extremely articulated voice, with loads of negativity and rage behind her words said, "put that away!", so I immediately hung up the phone. It shook me up because her reaction really reminded me of the old woman I used to care for who would get up in the night and suddenly be "changed". The image of the woman's face getting so distorted and ferocious when I answered the phone call is burned into my head. It was scary!

Anyway, I am curious if the weird hissing noise is at all associated with some kind of demonic possession or something? Its just that these 2 situations blasted me with the same terrible feeling of pure hatred coming out of someone who moments before seemed totally normal, and both had the same pattern of hissing like a kettle coming to boil which melded into a hateful sounding stream of over-articulated words. Do these just woman just have a lot of hidden anger or do you think it is some "other" spiritual thing? Or is there some kind of psychological reason some people hiss at the beginning of an outburst or something?

Last edited by Kaere : 12-03-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Master
Can you describe these women?
What did they look like? did you ever see what seemed to be any true physical distortion in their appearance? Or do you think it was related only to the change in their expression & manner?

Did the hissing sound human or like something else you associate with hissing?
(mechanical? snake-like? cat or other animal?)

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Enya

I respectfully suggest that the old lady in question was suffering from the onset of dementia, which can make some people seem almost 'demonic' in their responses, as there is no social conditioning left to hold their anger back. I also suggest that you projected this onto the other lady who was possibly having a real bad day and didn't want her peace disturbed.
Old 14-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake
So the first time I encountered this strange phenomena I had a job caring for an old woman, cooking her meals and such, and sometimes I would spend the night there, but when I did, I would often get freaked out by the old woman who would get up in the middle of the night and pace around the house making this terribly disturbing hissing sound followed by a mix of some kind of mumbling and very articulated words saying things like, "edit, kill the stupid edit" and they would just hit me with this terribly angry energy... it was really freaky. If I got up and in the night to ask her how she was doing she would suddenly be sweet and nice again, but the moment I would leave the room to go back to bed I would hear the hissing and angry talk again. This woman was always very gentle and sweet to me during the day but I had heard stories of how every other person her son had hired to help her had been driven out by the woman, yelling at them and calling them fat edit and such.

Anyway, I was recently at a local business, its like a spa kind of, has exercise equipment and electric massage tables and such, and anyway, I got a phone call so I quietly answered my phone in a low voice when this older woman laying on one of the electric tables suddenly hissed at me with great ferocity and in the same kind of quiet but extremely articulated voice, with loads of negativity and rage behind her words said, "put that away!", so I immediately hung up the phone. It shook me up because her reaction really reminded me of the old woman I used to care for who would get up in the night and suddenly be "changed". The image of the woman's face getting so distorted and ferocious when I answered the phone call is burned into my head. It was scary!

Anyway, I am curious if the weird hissing noise is at all associated with some kind of demonic possession or something? Its just that these 2 situations blasted me with the same terrible feeling of pure hatred coming out of someone who moments before seemed totally normal, and both had the same pattern of hissing like a kettle coming to boil which melded into a hateful sounding stream of over-articulated words. Do these just woman just have a lot of hidden anger or do you think it is some "other" spiritual thing? Or is there some kind of psychological reason some people hiss at the beginning of an outburst or something?

i've havent experienced hearing a person hiss before but, i guess i want to say most importantly dont fear her. it sounds like she doesnt have peace and at times is unable to balance... try speaking loving words to her when she goes into her spell or fit and see what happens.. just speaking in a calm not loud voice and see how she responds.. i would like to hear the result if you decide to try this..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 14-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Sangress

Its early days so I cant tell whether its anything out of the ordinary or just people with anger issues (the elderly lady may have even been sleepwalking.)

I hiss in the back of my throat when I'm irritaited, people nickname me "snake" when they can tell I'm in a bad mood, heh. I wonder if its a common thing.

I'd suggest you pay attention to things like these, keep an eye out for it and write down every circumstance it turns up in to see if theres a pattern to it. Repeat exposure might shed some light on the whole thing.
Old 15-03-2012, 12:24 PM
drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
i've havent experienced hearing a person hiss before but, i guess i want to say most importantly dont fear her. it sounds like she doesnt have peace and at times is unable to balance... try speaking loving words to her when she goes into her spell or fit and see what happens.. just speaking in a calm not loud voice and see how she responds.. i would like to hear the result if you decide to try this..

I was not scared of the old woman except when she went into her hissing trances, and it was never directed at me. Her trances would always stop the instant I approached her. If she could see or hear me she would always transform back to nice old lady instantly, but if I left the room again to go back to bed it would usually only be a few minutes before I could hear her doing it again.

I always did speak gently with her. I took care of her for just a few months, and very shortly after they moved her to a home she passed away. A few days before she died she basically told me that I was the only person in the world she actually liked. she said she didn't even like her own family... the hissing and cursing thing could very well have been just the way she dealt with all her disappointments. A kind of self expression or emotional release I suppose..
Old 15-03-2012, 12:38 PM
drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Can you describe these women?
What did they look like? did you ever see what seemed to be any true physical distortion in their appearance? Or do you think it was related only to the change in their expression & manner?

Did the hissing sound human or like something else you associate with hissing?
(mechanical? snake-like? cat or other animal?)
7L

There is not really much in common between them in appearance. It was just that I got the same creepy "feeling" from each of them when I heard that hissing sound. I suppose the feeling I got from the second lady could just be because it reminded me of the first though..

The first woman would always stop if she saw me, but I could peak out of the bedroom just a bit and see her sometimes. When she hissed it was like her face would just "jump" and pull back if that makes sense? Its hard to describe in words just exactly, but that it was like a sudden jerk into a very different facial expression then her normal one, and would stay like that as long as the hiss persisted. The sound didn't seem like any particular animal or anything. Its a pretty unique sound I'd say, only heard it in these 2 situations. For the second woman I didn't really notice her until the actual hiss. It was just that it gave me the same feeling and she had a similar expression during the hiss.
Old 15-03-2012, 12:45 PM
drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
I respectfully suggest that the old lady in question was suffering from the onset of dementia, which can make some people seem almost 'demonic' in their responses, as there is no social conditioning left to hold their anger back. I also suggest that you projected this onto the other lady who was possibly having a real bad day and didn't want her peace disturbed.

I think she probably did have some dementia because she would get confused sometimes, but again, the hissing thing was never a "response". Her "responses" to things, at least while I was around, always seemed, well, I guess the best word would be cordial. Very hospitable and gentle. I was never there when she chased out the other "help", I only heard stories from her family.

As for the second lady, your right that I probably would not have thought too much of the incident if it had not reminded me so much of my earlier experiences.
Old 15-03-2012, 12:50 PM
drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Its early days so I cant tell whether its anything out of the ordinary or just people with anger issues (the elderly lady may have even been sleepwalking.)

I hiss in the back of my throat when I'm irritaited, people nickname me "snake" when they can tell I'm in a bad mood, heh. I wonder if its a common thing.

I don't think it was sleepwalking just cuz of the whole, "start and stop depending on if I am in the room or not" thing. Her his was definately not from the back of the throat. It was very forward with the lips pulled back to fully show the teeth. The "snake" eh? haha. You will probably make for a very interesting old lady sangress. lol
Old 15-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Sangress

Quote:
The "snake" eh? haha. You will probably make for a very interesting old lady sangress. lol

I'll be that crazy old snake lady who rides rollerblades and has multicolour hair, a fake leather trenchcoat and a walking stick that looks like a candycane. *nods seriously*