Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 11-02-2012, 09:29 AM
MOONPUPET

god

god is a personal favorite of mine, if you see him tell him i called..
Old 16-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Seeker
Reason to Live if there was proof and General response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalk1990
There will never be Proof of God, he does not want the one major mystery of life to be solved in a heart beat. We live to seek oneness with God, no matter how anyone perceives this. If God opened up the sky and yelled "I AM God, and I AM Real", we wouldn't have any reason to continue living this life, we would know the greatest mystery there ever was, everything we set out to do would have no deeper meaning. We all live through faith, we do acts of goodness thinking we may be rewarded in time for our good deeds, but some of us do acts of evil because we think no one is watching, and are concrete with that belief.

If we all knew God was real, without a doubt, we wouldn't need to pursue anything, because there would be no reason to, no reward. Your mere existance would be useless. Without Proof of God, there is an eternal sense of new beginnings, there will always be something more to do, so you can feel closer to God, but God may always hold us back so we will continue to believe in him, we will continue to have faith, and seek more love. If God gave us all the love possible, we would have nothing more to gain.

I like your point, but I respectfully disagree. I have complete faith in Source/All That Is/God/Allah/Whatever, but I don't believe for a second that knowing God exists for a fact would make our lives worthless and take away our reason for living. Just because we would know that the Divine is with us, wouldn't mean that our lessons prevent us from learning.
Assuming that everything is ultimately love, including our experiences, then you might have a point about nothing more to gain from God giving us all the love possible, but I believe that unconditional love is what we already have and whether we know it is there or not, there are still valuable lessons to be learnt here on Earth.
I also believe in the Ancient Atlantians and Lemurians and, as far as I know, they were aware of Source's existence but still had a purpose on Earth, and they were on a higher plain than us.

As a general response to this thread - if you do have a formula that go towards evidence of Divine existence then good for you! I agree that what you've presented is scientific theory, not fact, but I also think that you could get it out there. Make people think. I appreciate psychoslice's advice, but I believe in the existence of a Higher Power, and I think it's worth exploring. Just hang on to your faith throughout Open-minded faith is, possibly, the best form of faith.

Love and Light

If you're going through hell, keep going..
Old 05-05-2013, 07:00 PM
periwinkle

no matter how logical we are- even those who normally require ''proof'' before believing in concepts- we all have our own beliefs...& sometimes we do ''just believe'' certain things...to believe in something without demanding proof is what makes it ''faith''...even those who are 'logical' in day to day life can need ''faith'' at times ...!!!!!!! x
Old 05-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Master
No matter how much faith you have, it doesn't make something true.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Knower

"GOD" is one of the most "overloaded" words in the English language. An overload occurs when one or more meanings are assigned because no clear definition exists. In fact humanity cannot adequately define god due to the limitations of the human experience.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
No matter how much faith you have, it doesn't make something true.

Likewise there is no real guarantee that what appears to be true is true. The entirety of human experience is based on approximations in reality. We can never fully understand reality due to the limitations of the human condition.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Mayflow

Total nonsense.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthJunkie
Likewise there is no real guarantee that what appears to be true is true. The entirety of human experience is based on approximations in reality. We can never fully understand reality due to the limitations of the human condition.
Yep and I agree, but still, that doesn't mean something is true just because we believe it to be true.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yep and I agree, but still, that doesn't mean something is true just because we believe it to be true.

Reference is a vital component to all validation processes.

I have 3 houses that are continually playing out: the founded knowledge of experience by reference, an agnostic placeholder for in transition experience and understanding, and a blank slate for that which has yet to unfold. I have very few beliefs because once an experience produces knowledge belief is no longer pertinent. In transition areas I hold an agnostic stance because my own personal experience no longer affords to shut down data streams because they may bypass reason and logic or the many other intellectual caveats created to divide and conquer reality. In other words "what'cha got?". It takes very little dialog to pierce poorly conceived or false belief systems but real experience is a different banana entirely. An experienced soul cannot be shaken in the same way. I have met people with truly outrageous anecdotes that I accept as truth in their reality. Conviction, embarrassment, and the need to protect themselves from shaming are all indicators this person most likely had a genuine experience. If and when we get to the finer details we can take a look at validating their experience.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthJunkie
Reference is a vital component to all validation processes.

I have 3 houses that are continually playing out: the founded knowledge of experience by reference, an agnostic placeholder for in transition experience and understanding, and a blank slate for that which has yet to unfold. I have very few beliefs because once an experience produces knowledge belief is no longer pertinent. In transition areas I hold an agnostic stance because my own personal experience no longer affords to shut down data streams because they may bypass reason and logic or the many other intellectual caveats created to divide and conquer reality. In other words "what'cha got?". It takes very little dialog to pierce poorly conceived or false belief systems but real experience is a different banana entirely. An experienced soul cannot be shaken in the same way. I have met people with truly outrageous anecdotes that I accept as truth in their reality. Conviction, embarrassment, and the need to protect themselves from shaming are all indicators this person most likely had a genuine experience. If and when we get to the finer details we can take a look at validating their experience.

Imo, to an experienced soul. Evertything is just experience. There is no such thing as real or false experience only experience that correlates.